These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Welder resumes for your reference.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Melt lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Observe tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Welders fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through the use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools.
- Welders produce metal products according to customer or employer specifications.
- Welders set up, operate and maintain welding equipment.
- Inventory control and data entry and assisting customers with needs.
- Followed standards and procedures to maintain safe work environment and keeping with companies compliance requirements.
- Prepared and administered preventative maintenance work orders.
- Operated wide variety of equipment including power saws, sanders, grinders, cranes drill press, forklift and basic hand tools.
- Welded metal partswithgas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order.
- Heated, formed, and dressed metal parts with hand tools, torch, and arc welding equipment.
- Monitored the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating parts, wrapping, shrinking, distortion, and expansion of materials.
- Adjusted functional parts of equipment and control instruments.
- Followed all safety guidelines, including proper machine guarding and lockout and tagout procedures.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Preforms welding processes on steel parts and assemblies to required tolerances using welding metals and metal alloys.
- Determined layouts and welded parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Investigate safety accidents and present solutions as a member of the Safety Task Team.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Worked with manager in new projects including project manager and draftsmen.
- Drove company truck to obtain burn outs. To meet sales goals/ strategy.
- Trained new employees on fitting and giving them advice on how to timely finish product as scheduled.
- Followed all safety protocols and guidelines for safe handling of heating equipment and metals.
- Cut materials precisely with chipping knives, power saws, and hand shears.
- Perform welding layout, fabrication installation, repairs and all associated work perform sheet metal layout fabrication installation and repairs Tank.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Cut work piece using power saws, hand shears or chipping knife.
- Inspect grooves, angles or gap allowances, using micrometer and caliper.
- Install or repair farm equipment, such as tank linings, tractor trailers, lead pipes, and valves.
- Assisted welders and fitters with general housekeeping duties.
- My main responsibility within my company is to produce metal doorframes for the company.
- Which means I work in the fabrication department working with mig machines, bandsaws, grinders, and various other equipment and tools.
- Other times when production is slow I may operate the forklift and assist in loading and unloading trucks. But my main job is to be an assembly welder.