These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real General Construction Worker resumes for your reference.
- Expertise working with a wide range of construction materials and equipment; familiarity with building processes, from project initiation through completion.
- Knowledgeable in general carpentry, site preparation concrete foundations, and framing practices; able to complete multiple projects skillfully within stringent timeframes.
- Proficient with hand and power tool to include core drills, air compressors, transit and lock levels, saws, chisels, plumb bobs, carpenter levels, and marking gauges.
- Communicate with site supervisors and team members to complete project objectives on schedule.
- Job duties included preparing and cleaning up the construction sites removing any garbage, trees, etc.
- Loading and unloading materials needed to build, Operating machinery and equipment.
- Installing floors, Building, maintaining, and repairing doors, wall, etc.
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order.
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures.
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift.
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine set up box.
- Cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials, and using a variety of tools and machines such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- Helping bricklayers and other specialized contractors.
- Prepared sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work procedures.
- Cleaned debris, trash and hazardous materials from construction sites, loaded and unloaded equipment.
- Dug trenches and poured concrete as instructed as well as using hand tools to cut and shape material as per instructions.
- Ensured that all work was being done in compliance with the company’s protocols.
- Performed innovative trench less technology that enables us to install underground utilities without conventional open trenching, as well as obtaining sub-surface information in areas previously inaccessible.
- Implemented directional drilling plans and procedures according to company plan and drilling operations of rig site and ensured compliance to all drilling objectives.
- Performed directional boring in installing infrastructure such as telecommunications equipment.
- Specializing in flooring snd tile work completed in-home installations of flooring purchased through the business.
- Ordered materials, measured rooms and cut flooring materials to fit spaces.
- Installed carpet and padding, tile flooring and hardwood floors.
- Place, consolidate, and protect case-in-place concrete or masonry structures.
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers; and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Responsibilities Shipping and receiving inventory along with quality control.
- Accomplishments Using my knowledge and skills to stick out more amongst others.
- Skills Used Customer service, forklift, and picker/stand up forklift.
- Moved bricks, wood and other heavy materials to site locations as directed.
- Arranged construction materials for easy access and handling.
- Performed preventative maintenance such as checking, cleaning, or repairing equipment.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards. Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes.
- Installation of all aspects of carpentry including framing/installing walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs.
- Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim.
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Building cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using hand tools and power tools.