These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real High School History Teacher resumes for your reference.
History and Literature Instructor
- Created educational assessments; documented progress and developed research skills.
- Developed the student’s practical and theoretical expository writing skills through discussion and modeled essay instruction.
- Explored World Literature through themes, literary elements and devices.
- Built frameworks of literature and its influences on, or reflections of, society with World History.
High School History Teacher
- Work with other teachers to create joint assignments that cover multiple subject areas.
- Facilitate school-wide mentoring program that includes activities to develop students’ physical, emotional, and social growth.
- Participate in staff meetings and help strategize for improvement of curriculum, classroom management, instruction methods and overall school environment.
High School History Teacher
- Utilize informal and formal methods of assessment to properly measure effectiveness of teaching.
- Promote democratic values that students must have as American citizens.
- Demonstrate effective communication between children and adults.
- Implemented lessons developed by a cooperating teacher in a fifth grade language arts, reading, and social studies classroom, and managed a classroom of over thirty students.
- Assisted students during regular class time in order to ensure their understanding of the daily lesson.
- Directed and co-led weekly boys group that targets anger management, social skills, academic issues, behavioral issues, self-esteem,and conflict resolution training.
- Supported the Dean of Students Office in creating culturally relevant behavior plans in conjunction with the special education department.
- Planned lessons and taught three sections of US History I and one section of World History I to 11th and 9th graders respectively.
- Collaborated in weekly Department, Professional Development, and Student Support meetings with Grade Level Leads and staff.
- Advised a small cohort of freshman males in Academic Help, Character Building, and Independent Reading 3 days a week.
- Lifted students’ history content knowledge dramatically further toward grade-level in every quarter.
- Grew students’ skills in historical thinking, writing and comparing primary source texts in 5-paragraph essays.
- Prepared students to pass their PARCC exams while deepening their world history content knowledge.
- Inspire four Tenth Grade Global History classes’ intellectual curiosity through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations as well as co-teach three Tenth Grade Global History resource, and inclusion classes, adapting teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Integrate Engage New York and DC Standards to direct and guide lesson planning that promotes individual and group learning also, establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Assisted in the creation of a core Global History curriculum for 9th and 10th graders.
- Trained in close reading strategies in order to develop and strengthen students’ reading comprehension.
- Successfully conceptualized, authored and presented curriculum for new AP Comparative Politics class; continuously updates curriculum for AP American Government class.
- Maintains a positive academic environment and adapts curriculum to accommodate varying learning styles.
- Encourages parent involvement through consistent written and verbal communications.
- Prepared engaging lesson plans that promoted mastery of Common Core and New Jersey State Social Studies standards.
- Differentiated rigorous instruction to meet diverse needs of scholars and foster necessary critical thinking skills in an inclusion classroom.
- Develop strong relationships and communication with parents from varied backgrounds through email, face-to-face contact and phone communication.
- Taught lessons in Geography, Latin America, and American History in a document-based, integrated curriculum.
- Created lessons and authentic assessments for students with advanced and special needs.
- Designed multi-leveled standards-based productivity HUB activities.
- Participate in intensive summer training program to develop the skills and knowledge needed to achieve significant gains in student achievement.
- Simultaneously teach in summer school program run by Teach For America for students in New York public and charter schools under the supervision of a faculty of experienced teachers.
- Engage in professional development activities, including seminars, discussion groups, workshops, readings, and ‘learning teams’ specific to my teaching license area.
- Implement curriculum pertaining to Modern World History classes, in correspondence with state standards and common core standards.
- Develop customized units, lessons and assessments.
- Utilize various forms of technology, primary and secondary source documents, graphic organizers, Smart Board technology, class e-board and rubrics.