These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Academic Advisor resumes for your reference.
- Engages students in discussions about goal-setting, identifying strengths, and strengthening weaknesses.
- Promotes participation in high-impact learning experiences such as internships, volunteer work, and academic events.
- Creates programs that are aligned with Texas A&M’s Quality Enhancement Plan initiative.
- Plans informational and educational events related to the Department of Information and Operations Management.
- Help students define and develop realistic educational plans through schedule planning for each semester and summer school, if appropriate.
- Each student should have an up-to-date academic schedule plan through to graduation.
- Proactively contact and be available for students on a regular basis.
- Advisors should plan for extended hours during peak advising seasons.
- Consult regularly with faculty colleagues in order to have up-to-date information on curriculum and degree plans.
- Advised students regarding coursework, requirements for degree completion, and requirements for obtaining admission into various professional programs.
- Created Operational Procedure manual for department advisors and improved administrative procedures for ease and efficiency.
- Presented to students about departmental information on a regular basis.
- Represented department at resource fairs to new and prospective students.
- Prepared and distributed mass emails of pertinent information to departmental majors (approximately 1500 students); responded to information requests in a timely manner.
- Assists supervisors and managers by ensuring the accomplishment of operational outcomes in processes or programs.
- Provides academic advice to a cohort of students, serving as first line of contact for students.
- Provides direction and referrals to a cohort group to meet the student needs.
- Meets with students on a regular basis to track their success and progress, reporting on progress of students and involves others to assist with their success.
- Advocate for students and provide professional expertise to help faculty, staff, administrators, parents and other community members understand steps to college and career.
- Connect all assigned students to school and community resources that help overcome barriers and ensure successful transitions from high school to college.
- Create early awareness, knowledge and skills that lay the foundation for the academic rigor and social development necessary for college and career readiness.
- Provide degree plans for core, major and transfer students; implements academic advising strategies and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Advise and lead students individually and in groups on the degree options in the College of Business and conduct individual appointments to guide in their educational decisions.
- Approved all designated educational transactions (e.g., pre-registration/registration schedule, drops/adds, withdrawals, change of major and advisor, waivers, graduation requirements, etc.).
- Promote student understanding of the logic and purpose of the curriculum.
- Participate in training, workshops and events to improve knowledge and provide the most current practices in the field.
- Advise current and prospective students regarding degrees offered, requirements, resources, university policies, and procedures.
- Lead freshman orientation sessions and assist with transfer student orientations.
- Review and evaluate transfer coursework utilizing computer software systems.
- Provide graduation checks to ensure students graduate in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with staff, faculty, and students to resolve scheduling conflicts and create solutions.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting the needs of students at-risk for academic suspension as well as any student desiring intensive and intrusive advising.
- Participant in the planning and deliver of academic advising services and program which promote comprehensive educational opportunities for all undergraduate students.
- Cooperates with administrators, faculty members and appropriate staff in providing for academic advising needs of individuals or groups of students.
- Counseled graduate and undergraduate students in regard to educational and professional goals.
- Organized recruitment and admission events for prospective students.
- Served as an Academic Advisor for students Consistently met and exceeded department expectations for productivity and accuracy levels.
- Received company Employee Performance Award after maintaining record sales achievement for the year.
- Comprehension of degree requirements, certification requirements, test scores, grades, and course selection to meet academic standards for degree progress.
- Assist freshmen and transfer students with determining which pathway is the best for their academic success.
- Review and evaluate transcripts to ensure proper credit has been applied towards the student’s degree.
- Develop an Early Alert system that is used to target students who are at-risk of not completing their degree.
- Responsible for providing educational guidance and assistance for students by planning schedules, recommending courses and determining appropriate education solutions for different types of students.
- Monitor progress toward educational/career goals and meet at least once each semester to review the progress toward completing the proposed academic program and to discuss grades and other performance indicators.
- Approve all designated educational transactions, for example registration schedule, drops/adds, withdrawals, change of major and advisor, waivers, graduation requirements, etc.
- Advisor Responsibilities Academic advisors are responsible for helping Neeley students develop a comprehensive academic plan that is consistent with the student’s goals.
- Assist students in academic planning towards Admission into the Neeley School.
- Work with students who are struggling academically to refer to offices across campus to establish learning and study skills alongside becoming a well-rounded student.