These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Testing resumes for your reference.
- Wrote up to 30 new test cases daily by visiting clients’ websites and exploring potential web issues, including page redirects and malfunctioning pages, and recorded issues in Test Rails to run test cases.
- Manually verified defects for companies’ customers by running test cases to ensure functions were working as intended, and escalated further issues to appropriate team when needed, including developers, network engineers, policy writers, and leadership.
- Liaise between Shape Security and clients’ internal QA teams to cross-reference bugs discovered, ensuring consistent user experience and ruling out false positive results for bugs.
- Collaborated with Network Engineering team to make network changes and reran tests to verify changes did not impact site functionality, escalating issues to Engineering team to prevent impact on user experience.
- Determined adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required based on blueprints.
- Monitored production operations for compliance with specifications and promptly reported defects.
- Presented clear, organized data in graphs, charts, tables and written reports.
- Maintained a high standard of workmanship by using only approved data, materials, tools and test equipment.
- Performed all aspects of verification, including functional, regression, and system testing.
- Perform testing activities for compatibility in multiple environments (Web, Android, iOS, Windows).
- Identified, isolated, reported and tracked defects in the defect tracking system.
- Created new scripts and modified existing test scripts for the application changes.
- Conduct exploratory testing on evolving leading-edge product with a special focus on quality of user experience.
- Gather the client requirements, prepared analysis and design documents, conducted feasibility study and provide technical solution to service/change requests.
- Created and implemented viable testing routines with the test plans created in quality center and mapped them with specific requirements utilizing the tests coverage feature of quality center.
- Overviewed the setting up of the test environment, defining detailed test data requirements, converting them into test cases and collected test metrics for analyzing the testing effort.
- Designed and wrote anomaly testing procedures for new web based developments and services; resulted in more accurate, streamlined and accurate testing of products.
- Performed anomaly resolution and cataloging of errors concerning new services; resulted in a better performing product for the end user and helped make error correcting process more efficient.
- Updated physical data files, help partition and set up file management system, and ran scripts to test new websites access to the files needed for functionality.
- Performed Quality Assurance testing on a web based applications and mainframe.
- Executed all test phrases during System, Integration and Functional testing including Component, Regression, User Acceptance, Performance, Ad-Hoc and Stress testing etc.
- Developed web sites with Dreamweaver and HTML, created and edited graphics and photographs with fireworks and Identify bugs, system errors and potential improvements.
- Functional and user acceptance testing of multiple websites; new and maintenance releases.
- Created test plans and detailed test cases for web tests to be performed.
- Recorded, assigned, verified and resolved bugs found during all stages of testing.
- Collaborated with clients to prioritize and resolve outstanding issues.
- Battery Testing to see the effect on the life of the battery whenever we add a new functionality within the application.
- Wrote test plans, test cases for the MVM mobile handset application. Wrote positive, negative, edge, as well as end to end test cases.
- Performed deployment of builds on all the devices.
- Involved in coordinating the entire release on a weekly basis.
- Worked as a QA member in web-based E-commerce site development project in an agile environment.
- Involved in analyzing System Requirement specifications, Design, Development and Execution of test plans and Test cases for Manual and automated testing.
- Attended Daily Stand Up meetings and provided QA status updates on different user stories.
- Attended Sprint planning sessions, User story grooming sessions and Retro meetings in a rapid and affective agile atmosphere.
Lead Software Tester
- Responsible for reviewing and approving or denying of system enhancements or modifications prior to implementation into production.
- Responsible for reviewing business requirements, design documents, technical designs and test scenarios provided by the vendor, HP, to identify and report any gaps.
- Write SQL or PL/SQL queries to validate the results of the system change for assigned projects and compare my results with vendors results and update management whether there are or aren’t any issues.
- Organized and lead meetings concerning Timeline, Test Strategies, Planning, Execution for a release.
- Conducted Internal and External reviews as well as formal walkthroughs, and participated in status meetings.
- Participated in the review of new software and consulted with IT staff and client to resolve questions during the testing process.
- Consulted with client and IT management and staff throughout the Project Life Cycle, to assist and support the Design, Development and Implementation of effective systems.
Quality Assurance Tester
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Perform web and mobile front end validations, and validate the backend to web services and/or the database layers.
- Engaged with team resources across development, business analysis, product management, and operations teams to drive test efficiency and effectiveness for new and existing application functionality.