These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Waitress Skills resumes for your reference.
- Assisted customers in order selection, recommended specific menu items, and ensured prompt, accurate service.
- Ensured high guest check averages by suggesting and selling additional food and beverages items.
- Provided direct assistance to bartender and lounge staff.
- Conducted inventory tracking and restocked supplies.
- Developed repeat business by establishing lasting relationships with guests.
- Ensuring the standards of the Health Department were met at all times.
- Informing customers of daily specials, preparing checks, making recommendation upon request.
- I was in charge of opening and closing the restaurant.
- I advanced in turning tables over quickly while still making the customers happy and comfortable; and their dining experience memorable.
- I handled a lot of cash at one time, and kept track of credit card transactions, using the POS system for orders.
- Presents the menu to customers, answers queries about it, and makes suggestions if necessary.
- Explains the preparation and cooking methods as well as ingredients of various menu items.
- Ensures that customers are enjoying their meals or that they do not have any problem with their food.
- Checks their identification to make sure that they meet the minimum age requirement for consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Collects the customers’ payments and prepares bills with itemized costs and appropriate taxes.
- I take the customers drink orders, watch to see if the guests need anything.
- When they are ready I take the order, make sure they are served drinks, appetizers and main entrees.
- I clean tables, fill salt pepper ketchup, things like that.
- I checking on guests often to make sure they are happy.
- I’ve been working at Joe’s Pizzeria for the past 4 months on the weekends.
- I am a waiters who take orders and serve food and beverages to the customers.
- I help to provide an excellent overall dining experience for all customers as well as greet customers, present menus, and explain daily specials to customers.
- I clean and set up dining areas, refill condiments and answer questions related to menu items.
- Obtained and handed meals requests from customers to kitchen cooks, assured all orders were accurate and specific to customer’s preferences.
- Prepared alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to patrons; ensured requests were per specifications of individuals.
- Resolved customer complaints in an expedient and appropriate manner; provided extra amenities and food vouchers to ensure customer service satisfaction.
- Handled cash, debit and credit transactions plus handed over change when necessary.
- Communicate with high profile clientele in person and over the phone (booking reservations, taking food orders, and serving at the bar).
- Manage high volumes of people in a 70+ seat restaurant while remaining efficient and providing quality services.
- Memorize elaborate daily specials along with the full menu and am able to make recommendations based on food preferences and dietary restrictions of the patron.
- Multi-tasked by seating guests as they arrived while continuously assisting already seated clientele.
- Dedicating customer satisfaction by remaining accessible and friendly.
- Working as a team and fulfilling guest needs and food orders.
- Sharpened communication skills by resolving customer complaints and creating a healthy environment.
- Appropriately suggested additional items to customers to increase restaurant sales.
- Answered questions about menu selections and made recommendations when requested.
- Effectively communicated with kitchen staff regarding customer allergies, dietary needs and other special requests.
- Provided excellent customer service: worked closely with restaurant staff to ensure that orders were served in an efficient.
- Trained incoming staff regarding the restaurant’s procedures, culture and practices.
- Collaborated directly with Quarterdeck partners and sponsors to ensure promotion and upward sales – worked with staff.
- Gained immeasurable experience in multitasking, oral and verbal communication, customer satisfaction, and conflict.
- Ensured high customer satisfaction through greeting customers and assisting with questions.
- Awarded Lead Waitress for efficient turnover time and excellent customer service.
- Skills improvement by meeting 20% standard on tip percentage across all shifts.