These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Restaurant General Manager resumes for your reference.
- General Manager and Executive Chef of new American restaurant.
- Responsible for all restaurant operations excluding accounts payable.
- Helped open restaurant starting with creation of all food and beverage menus, hiring and training of staff and implementation of all operating systems.
- Hands on Executive Chef leads preparation and execution of all menu items and daily specials.
- Responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees.
- In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Worked throughout opening with chef/partner Trigg Brown and managing partner Joshua Ku, winners of Eater’s 2017 Young Guns award, to open a full-service restaurant in East Williamsburg.
- Proficient in a wide range of administrative and organizational duties with the purpose of constantly improving systems.
- Responsible for all non-food inventory and product acquisition as well as cost, price, and sales analysis.
- Sense of urgency, accountability, and the willingness to go the extra mile for all customers.
- Instrumental in creation and enforcement of standards, procedures, and policies for all employees.
- Greeted guests and oversaw the front of house team while coordinating with the Chef and the back of house.
- Curated a wine list of around 100 bottles featuring women in wine and comprising a wide array of varietals and appellations; developed relationships with wine makers, vineyard owners, distributors and other wine industry professionals and supervised bar manager on monthly beverage inventory.
- Encouraged repeat dinership by developing and nurturing relationships with new, repeat, and regular guests alike.
- Led all hiring for front of house staff, supervised training of new employees, and maintained a professional demeanor even when handling conflict resolution, discipline, and termination.
- Areas Management, Food Safety, Customer satisfaction, Customer recovering and Assisting general manage in overall operation.
- Projecting and controlling accurate profit & loss line items.
- Administering all in-restaurants records and procedures including benefits, payroll, inventories, and security and employee personnel files.
- Implementing and conducting in-restaurant new products and procedures.
- Develop a pipeline to increase the management models of the restaurant.
- Performed cash, food, and operations admit to make sure we were achieving excellent guest experience.
- Made sure our management team was leading the crew member to achieve great customers experience.
Restaurant General Manager
- Create and maintain a good relationship with customers to ensure business growth.
- Manage the day to day operations, Hire, train and develop the staff.
- Responsible for controllable profits (cost of labor, cost of food. etc).
Restaurant General Manager
- Consistently top rated in customer feedback surveys for positive attitude and customer service.
- Trained a team of 15 employees on proper customer service practices, script presentation, and fast-paced problem-solving.
- Audit inventory levels to ensure product availability, created reports detailing annual revenues and expenses.
- Implemented excellent conflict resolution skills in the event of a customer/employee dispute.
Restaurant General Manager
- Scheduled and directed staff in daily work assignments to maximize productivity
- Work with staff and management to provide excellence in customer services.
- Efficiently resolved problems or concerns to the satisfaction of all involved parties.
- Continually monitored restaurant and took appropriate action to ensure food quality and service standards were consistently met.
- Minimized loss and misuse of equipment through proper restaurant supervision and staff training.
- Organized special events in the restaurant, including receptions, promotions and corporate luncheons.
- Prepared and distributed payroll for staff of 75 employees.
- Oversaw front of house personnel to maintain adequate staffing and minimize overtime.
- Effectively managed payroll and timekeeping, including completion of the proper paperwork for new hires and terminations.
- Ensured compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for Inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of team members, hourly and salaried managers.
- Insured that the highest quality products and services were delivered to each customer.
- Strategic manager and decision maker, including financial and operational leadership for 2 units and approximately $3M P&L.
- Improved district performance against LY by 54% within the first year.
- Set record for franchise sales and transaction counts for new store openings with AUV of 1.5M.
- Decreased COG’s by 24% by implementing an invoice and inventory tracking system.
- Worked directly with CBTL Corporate to ensure the training material and guidelines are aligned with corporate standards.