These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Tour Guide resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for taking American military members and their families on tours of select cities in Europe.
- Trained to lead large groups of people on tours (usually around 46 people total).
- Responsible for getting guests to and from destination, knowing facts/history about the city, making sure guests are happy with their experience, and keeping up with required paperwork along the way.
- Organized, scheduled and lead individual tours around Georgia while providing significant information about each destination visited with emphasis on its cultural and historical meaning.
- Took charge of meeting clients at the airport and ensured travelers were comfortably settled in their hotels or resorts.
- Provided recommendations on tour plans, helped answer inquiries of prospective clients and performed tasks assigned.
- Taking all the tourists to their interested attractions, and provide detailed intros to them.
- Use the Travel-port system to check airline seats availability then issue the tickets for all the customers.
- Constant communication with all the partnered airline local offices to solve any issues for our clients and also built a strong relationship with them.
- Worked at the WB VIP Tours call center answering phones, booking reservations, answering questions, and basic customer service.
- Occasionally translated tours into Spanish for Spanish language tours.
- Worked as a greeter and as a field assistant (duties included guiding tours away from prohibited areas and congestion control in sound stages).
- I had worked with this tour company for seven years of my working career,started with the company as a regular tour guide carrying out tours under a lead tour guide for a couple of years before quickly being promoted to lead tour guide within three years with the company.
- As the lead tour guide i took on responsibilities of carrying out a safe and professional tours for our guest,i had to make sure that all equipment were up to mark,that the environment was safe and clean.
- Never late to work,always willing to work at anytime,days holidays etc.
- Providing and interpreting historical artistic, and architectural aspects of all the places and resorts for visitors.
- Liaise bus drivers and local tour guides to plan and organize a smooth travel experience for all the visitors.
- Organize activities and entertain the group while on the transportation to keep all clients enjoy the whole tour.
- Worked as tour guide on top of double decker bus, and liked the job very much.
- Especially liked the interaction with the tourists, as I learned so much about people from other countries and states.
- During the time that I worked there I received a raise, and had a great rapport with the bus drivers.
- Lead small two to ten person groups on entertaining half day walking tours through different neighborhoods in San Francisco.
- Maintain a broad knowledge base about the city’s history and culture in order to personalize a tour for customer interests.
- Quickly assess group dynamics and guide people through a challenging urban environment.
- Providing information of historic and significant destinations in an entertaining and engaging fashion.
- Offering other tour products to customers as well as selling company merchandise on tour and at trade shows.
- Created phone application for training purposes and for self – guided customers.
- I currently work for the admissions department as a tour guide for the University.
- I lead campus tours and acts as a representative for the school.
- I have memorized facts about the school and has received public speaking and leadership training through work.
- Selected through a competitive interview process to work with admissions faculty and students as a Tour Guide.
- Achieved the second highest student turnovers to Allegheny College post tours for time period.
- Participated in the organization and execution of Visit Days: compiling packets, overseeing projects, cataloguing files and helping out with other office work.
- Conducts a personalized, unscripted tour of Studio production facilities, sound stages, exterior sets, other areas of interest using a customized passenger tour cart to travel from location to location.
- Presents a comprehensive and engaging description of what is being viewed, including historical and current information about the Studio, TV, and Feature productions filmed on the lot.
- Other duties include answering phones and making tour reservations using a computerized system.