Freelance Photographers are self-employed photographers that work under client-specific contracts. Duties include taking pictures, finding subjects, editing, marketing services, maintain a professional portfolio, advertising through social media and websites, and creating commercially competitive content. The minimum education requirement is a high school diploma or GED. Freelance Photographers must be creative, have an eye for detail, have an excellent camera, be knowledgeable of photographic techniques, and have good networking and editing skills.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Photographer Freelancer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Photographer (freelance) resumes for your reference.
- Providing clear Picture Day direction and expectations for parents, school personnel and student helpers.
- Working closely with staff to establish appropriate classroom work flow and effectively resolve issues.
- Organizing materials, assembling necessary equipment and ensuring that all supplies are available on Picture Day.
- Representing Fantasy Dream Image in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and school rules and policies.
- Directed and produced photo shoots for Fashion Apparel and Jewelry, also assisted in catalog layout and design.
- Photographed high-quality images for both print and Internet distribution.
- Directed guests to the photo port location to view and purchase their pictures.
- Defined and recommended detailed solutions to capture images.
- Shot photographs in controlled lab, field and remote environments.
- Selected and altered secondary photographic features such as backdrops and lighting.
- Duties included opening and closing of studio for senior portraits.
- Uploading senior portraits, underclass, and candid’s. Processing and photoshopping candid and sporting events.
- Equipment set up and photographing underclass portraits.
- Created new customer relationships and increased sales by 50% by implementing current business techniques and effective marketing strategies during photography shows.
- Presented a professional image to clients through chameleon-like role-playing ability, effectively managing client relationships while photographing four different models in one day.
- Shoot studio and on location photographs, consistently meeting deadlines and quality guidelines.
- Collaborate with studio team to ensure product workflow runs efficiently.
- Assisted in the set-up and tear down of site and equipment and troubleshoot production challenges.
- Worked well with diverse student populations with a wide-range of ages.
- Accumulated a total of four years experience while managing six different accounts, scheduling five models, four assistants, three well-known photographers, two photographers assistants, two art directors, and two photographers in one day shooting fashion apparel.
- Managed production workflow to meet art/computer graphics, publication and Web requirements.
- Prepared design layouts, specifications and selection of most appropriate media presentation, in both print and Web formats, to achieve the department’s desired goals.
- Created usable, innovative Web interface designs and modifications as needed.
- Attended numerous art and design schools.
- Photographed, designed, and/or edited over 500 fashion shows for Art, Creative & Design magazines.
- I am motivated and detail oriented professional who specializes in documentary style photography.
- I work mainly with natural light and supplement with a flash only when needed.
- From photographing large music festivals for national magazines, to small intimate weddings for low budget clients, to high end destination weddings, I can adapt to any type of environment while remaining professional and diligent with my work.
- Wrote and/or directed over 5,000 magazine articles.
- Created corporate and personal collections of fine art.
- Portrait, Wedding, Lifestyle and Commercial Photographer specializing in children and family photography.
- Freelance photography work published in Minnesota Monthly Magazine.
- Developed, maintain and implement marketing plan that includes social media, website, print and networking events.
- Photographed husband’s business operations for four years after the birth of their child.
- Received awards for photography at the East Coast Pipe Band Championships and the Eastern Canada Open.
- Technically proficient in camera equipment, film, lenses, filters, and lighting.
- Photograph private clients including products for medium sized corporations, and lifestyle portraits, live concerts and product photography.
- Proficient in 35mm, medium format, color or black and white.
- All post production and printing using Adobe products.
- Published five photography books, ‘The View from the Bay, ‘Long Reach’, ‘Flight of Fancy’, ‘Insight’, and ‘Window of Opportunity.
- Schedule appointments and arrange pricing with contracts after consulting with individual or group clients.
- Provided photographic services in a wide variety of areas including, portraiture, group photography, graduations, etc.
- Modify, edit, and color-correct 100s of photos on Photoshop in order to provide quality prints for clientele.
- Follow up with clients to ensure satisfaction of prints and re-word and re-edit photos if needed.
- Successfully photographed over 200 events for businesses and organizations.
- Captured various forms of photography, including portraits, landscapes, advertisements and events.
- Edited, retouched and color corrected images utilizing various photography editing applications including Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Maintained a digital portfolio to advertise and demonstrate professional quality photographs.
- Scouted and traveled to various locations to perform original, artistic photo-shoots for clients.
- Created a collection of fine art photographs, which were showcased at exhibitions across Ontario, Quebec, New York, Texas, Colorado, Minnesota.
- Prepared shoot sites as needed for particular projects Consult with clients regarding photography packages, service hours and other fine details.
- Utilized artistic vision to realize client idea and add a professional, timeless flair.
- Perform-production image processing to remove flaws and enhance pictures using Photoshop, Lightroom and other software.
- Maintain high levels of clients satisfaction by explaining processes and fees in detail and following through on all promises.
- Collaborated on multiple arts and design projects with recognized Canadian artists such as Jim Coady and Larry Baker; including an exhibition at the National Art Gallery in Ottawa.
- Built relationships and consulted with clients during pre and post production to meet their needs.
- Specialized in Fashion, Portraits, Architecture, and Products.
- Edit and manipulate photos for clients’ desired end product.
- Retouch photos/videos using Lightroom, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro.
- Selected, captured, and created original photographs that were printed in numerous magazines. Separately and together, they sold nationwide through mass media sources.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.