These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Chef resumes for your reference.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation.
- Assist cooks on the preparation, cooking and presentation of different foods in the restaurant and banquets.
- Ensured that all food served is arranged properly and met quality standards.
- Ensured that all kitchen work is completed within the timelines.
- Prepare menu items and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a daily basis for patients.
- Prepare soups and desserts daily.
- Purchase inventory, stock dining room, clean dining room, clean kitchen equipment, and minor maintenance on kitchen equipment.
- Menu development and updates of a 2 week cycle menu.
- Able to multi-task many different responsibilities throughout the day with a positive team attitude.
- Consistently exceed daily, weekly and monthly targets while maintaining excellent customer service and keeping employee turnover low.
- Manage daily kitchen operations and create standards that exceed safety and health regulations; identify and provide solutions for any problem areas.
- Ensured freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Planned menus according to employers’ needs and diet restrictions.
- Prepared food trays for both general and therapeutic diets, maintaining proper temperatures for hot and cold foods.
- Cooked foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and Numbers of portions.
- Responsible for overseeing culinary and operations functions for high profile events.
- Works with event planners to design menus and develop standardized recipes to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Assist in production planning, record keeping and reporting.
- Anticipating culinary trends so that the restaurant keeps and enhances its competitive advantage.
- Multi-lingual, and able to speak Italian, Spanish and English.
- Putting together daily production sheets and also delegating specific tasks to individual employees.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a target driven and high volume environment.
- Monitoring the taste, visual appeal, financial cost and temperature of all meals served.
- Prepared food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines.
- Reduced food costs by 27 % by using seasonal ingredients, setting standards for portion size which helped minimize waste.
- Helped create entrees using fresh produce and seafood from local farmers’ market.
- Maintained smooth and timely operations in preparation and delivery of meals and kitchen sanitation.
- Here I mainly cook on Grill and Saute side but I fill in wherever needed to maintain ticket times such as cold station and raw bar.
- Prep and cook Brunch every weekend, very comfortable cooking breakfast.
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
- Order produce and paper goods, while maintaining walk in and dry storage to insure product rotation.
- Maintain food and labor costs, oversee operations for food specifications, preparation & consistency, maintain high sanitation standards.
- Training and development of employees to company specifications.
- Financial responsibilities include, P and L, budget vs. Actual on weekly basis.
- Supervise quality control, budgeting, purchasing, products procurement, vendor negotiations, hiring, training and staff development.
- Produce high quality dishes that following the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Functioned in leadership role as Sous Chef responsible for oversight of creation and presentation of various types of bakery goods; performed regular detailed menu updates.
- Demonstrated inventory controls and financial proficiency by conducting relevant tasks to meet employer objectives; oversaw documentation related to labor records and activities.
- Performed collateral tasks to ensure successful operations; responsible for general rehabs.