These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Prep Cook resumes for your reference.
- Provided service in prepping the area for the day and preparing the food for customers in a timely manner.
- Prepared the area for the upcoming prep worker that way the transition was smooth.
- Made sure all prepared foods were ready in a timely manner.
- Prepared all salads, fruit cups, cool wraps, parfaits, chicken salads, cookies, and any special orders that were ordered by customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines.
- Prepare cold foods, including preparing salads, cold sandwiches, condiments, and dressings.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, thermometer, or piercing them with utensils.
- Set up Prep and Scratch cook the day’s orders with speed and accuracy working with and in good communication with fellow associates as well as Shift manager.
- Deliver orders to customers in a organized and timely matter with customer service #1 in mind.
- My small culinary background and just kitchen familiarity helps to excell in this industry.
- Prepare all the daily vegetables, sauces, cheese daily.
- Cook meat, beans, taco shells, in deep fryer and pan up for the line.
- Panned food and put in warmers and set up serving lines and steam tables for morning shifts.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking food.
- Following specific recipes, making sure food bar is stocked, clean and up to company standards.
- Taking food orders and making party platter.
- Checking food temperature logs and following food safety rules.
- Prepare items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and marinating.
- Manage and check food quality, prioritizing ingredients and reducing food waste.
- Ensure that supplies are consistently available replenishing items as required in aid of cooks.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Green blender is an organic smoothie company.
- We prep all the fruit and veggies and pack them up.
- These organic goodies get shipped around Texas, sending quality goods right to the doors of hour customers.
- We check boxes of organic produce that come in and we cut and bag all of it.
- Everything in the company is done by hand from cutting the fruit, bagging the protein and putting stickers on each product.
- Followed proper food handling methods and maintained correct temperature of all food products.
- Set up and performed initial prep work for food items such as soups, sauces and salads.
- Consistently tasted, smelled and observed all dishes to ensure they were visually appealing and prepared correctly.
- Closed down the kitchen after each shift and precisely followed closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Utilize excellent knife skills to chop, dice, julienne, and slice vegetables; carve and grind meats, cheeses, and fillet fish.
- Portion and plated cold prepped food for serving to customers, Detail-oriented i.e. kitchen organization set up.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
- Problem-solving ability following recipes to create dressings and sauces.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Cleaned and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Served food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
- Cooked food according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.