These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Assistant Teacher resumes for your reference.
- Assist lead teacher in developing lesson plans, support materials, activities and design/ layout of daily schedules based on the monthly program.
- Keep in touch with parents regarding progress, health and child’s adjustment to class.
- Support the students individually inside and outside or during off-classroom hours in church.
- Assist in observing/assessing student’s progress and behavior – keep records and consulted with educational experts to fine-tune methods used.
- Assist lead teacher in the planning and implementation of programs that meet the physical,emotional, educational and social needs of children.
- Provide children with equipment and participate in classroom activities.
- Encourage students to utilize appropriate health, safety and nutrition practices.
- Assisted the head teacher with providing the children with a “prepared environment”.
- Assisted with individual and/or group activities to stimulate growth of the children in social, emotional and academic areas.
- Served breakfast, snack and lunch while helping children to learn how to help themselves.
- Maintains up to date emergency forms, curriculum plans(TSG), individual child development, profile and other records as needed.
- Reports all staffing and classroom concern to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assist teacher with developing, weekly plans, and implement age appropriate curriculum (lesson plan).
- Assisted lead teacher in conducting increased learning experience for students in assigned area.
- Performed a variety of non-instructional duties.
- Tutor students independently or in small groups.
- Administered students’ arrival and departure, prepared instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assisted teacher with implementation of academic and behavioral expectations for various subjects.
- Taught various classroom subjects such as Literacy, Math, Life Skills (Special Education), etc.
- Created and facilitated school drama club including, but not limited to, writing school plays, organizing summer activities, etc.
- Communicate openly with children and provide guidance during daily activities.
- Supervise children during recreational activities while adhering to policies and procedures.
- Encourage good health by preparing nutritional and balanced meals.
- Report, discuss children’s behavioral and developmental problems with school director and parents.
- An aid for the main teacher in the room, set up classroom before children arrive.
- Teach them the proper fundamentals required for preschool.
- Keep students occupied where they always have a smile on their face.
- Help students pack up their belongings and get ready for dismissal.
- Assist Lead Teacher in maintaining records on each child’s progress and development for the purpose of planning and compliance with Head Start Standards.
- Participate in staff meetings, center activities, and staff development.
- Assist teacher in the full implementation of IEP’s and inclusion of children with disabilities and special needs.
- Establish a positive relationship with each child’s family and share information about the child’s day at the Center.
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the teacher.
- Assist in preparing the learning environment r up learning, and preparing activities using materials and supplies.
- To assist with general housekeeping tasks and maintaining a neat, organized and attractive appearance for the classroom.
- To help children control their behavior using a positive and appropriate approach, to interact, initiate, and encourage the children in any activities throughout each day.
- Responsible for organizing classroom-maintaining cleanliness of the classroom.
- Responsible for assisting the lead Teacher in teaching toddlers (ABC’S, 123’S, Shapes, Colors & Manners).
- Responsible for assisting the lead teacher in planning activities, projects and games for kids.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials (e.g. art projects, computer, language skills, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom goals and objectives.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Maintain classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records (e.g. clean/bleach tables, sign-in/sign-out logs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.