These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real School Counselor resumes for your reference.
- Met with over 600 students to assess progress towards graduation, make schedule changes in line with vocational or educational plans after high school, and discuss financial options for college.
- Advocated on behalf of students to access appropriate accommodations and coordinated with parents and external resources to address a range of issues including developmental disabilities, low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation.
- Served as Men’s Rugby Team Advisor. Completed team season registration, scheduled games, and secured a head coach. Offered guidance, facilitated team goal setting, and managed money during fundraisers.
- Part of interdisciplinary team focused on planning activities to improve moral and cohesion among faculty and staff.
- Core Responsibilities included checking student information and cum folders, coordinated master schedule and scheduling students into appropriate classes.
- Provided guidance to individual students and/or small groups.
- Fulfilled special education counseling IEPs, Coordinated with CPS, homeless liaison, TPMHMR and other agencies to provide for the welfare of students.
- Consulted with parents, school personnel, and other community members to help them increase the effectiveness of student education.
- Co-developed systems with targeted 9th grade drop-out prevention which resulted in a 20% decrease of failing grades for the class of 2020.
- Co-developed Summer Bridge program designed to improve the preparation and ease the transition into college in the fall.
- Helped create a scholarship systems which resulted in $770,520 in awards or an average of $7,862 in scholarship money per student.
- Created systems to track 12th grade post-secondary readiness which resulted in 100% of senior case load having a college, career or military plan after high school which met or exceeded state standard requirements.
- Implement an effective guidance program to support student’s academic, social and emotional achievement.
- Conduct small groups that focus on self-control, self-esteem, anger management, friendship and bullying.
- Serve as the campus testing coordinator to ensure compliance with district and state assessment guidelines.
- Provided grade transition needs for incoming middle school students.
- Conducted classroom visits to all Belgrade Elementary schools in order to prepare incoming students for middle school.
- Organized and led a “Tour Day” in which incoming students partook in a mock schedule and met middle school mentors and teachers.
- Organized Parent Night for incoming middle school students and families.
- Registered students into course electives and handled the data English and Math placements, in addition to inputting individual students in the correct placement courses.
- We work exclusively with students who have special needs, in particular those with behavioral and emotional challenges.
- MDP is a private, but publicly funded school, and students do not pay tuition in order to attend.
- Students have access to all types of learning experiences in our computer labs, science labs, learning centers and more.
- Our vocational program offers automotive, culinary, barbering/cosmetology and maintenance/janitorial training.
- Conducted individual and group counseling for middle school students across grades 6-8.
- Provided students on caseload services of comprehension assessments, conflict resolutions, dialectical, play, and cognitive behavioral therapies.
- Substantiated referrals and linkages to outside community resources and entitlements.
- Generated settings for regular meetings to discuss the outcomes and next steps for students assigned to caseload.
- Assessed students for suicidal ideation in correlation with linking them to appropriate medical resources.
- Lead a weekly social media group to middle school aged students promoting healthy internet safety.
- Responsible for risk assessments, child abuse reporting, and CSE referrals.
- Consult and collaborate with teachers and building administration to ensure students academic and social success.
- Provide counseling to students grades 8 through 12, addressing issues such as academic performance, social and emotional skills, behavior issues and attendance.
- Lead classroom guidance lessons in group behavior, conflict resolution, managing change, career awareness and post-high school planning.
- Record and analyze school data to ensure students are receiving the best counseling services.
- Conduct counseling sessions with mandated /non-mandated students, individual and group sessions, crisis intervention.
- Teach college preparedness seminar to all grades / Registered School for NCAA – Approved May 2016.
- Arrange college tours and career day events for students/ Registered school for College Now Program Coordinator.
- Conducted weekly sessions with mixed groups covering social skills, academic, and behavioral issues.
- Teamed with teachers and other staff members to address student concerns.
- Developed and implemented a needs assessment examining the principal needs of the 2nd and 3rd grade.
- Designed and presented classroom guidance lessons for 1st through 3rd, grade students that corresponded to the state eligibility list utilizing common core standards.
- Provides individual and group counseling for 15 students with IEPs for Learning Disability and Emotional Disturbance.
- Collaborates with the Director of Special Education to formulate informal plans as well as Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavioral Intervention Plans for students with IEPS.
- Participates in Annual IEP meetings; providing extensive Counselor reports to the Director of Special Education.
- Collaborates with Disciplinary Team to construct well informed and appropriate behavioral interventions for individual students, when necessary.