These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Building Electrician resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for the planning, installation and upkeep of electrical components.
- Installed new and modified electrical wiring and devices.
- Analyzing technical issues and problems, diagnosing problems, providing support to other employees and assisting other technicians with issues.
- Install and maintain all parts of commercial electrical systems.
- Including but not limited to conduit, wire, transformer and panel boards.
- Knowledge and ability to wire electrical motors, receptacles, circuitry and over current protection and distribution equipment.
- Ability to work with skilled and unskilled personnel to accomplish tasks assigned. Commercial and industrial electrical construction, new and tenant improvement.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment,measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Commercial solar lead electrician.
- Managed multiple crews at several locations.
- Work with project managers and engineers throughout all phases of construction. AC and DC installation, termination and commissioning.
- Tagged out multiple power distribution circuits IAW with WAF’s, TUMS and NSTM 300 CH1/9.
- Request updates and statuses on Gas Free Work Scopes and existing tagged out items prior to work and entry of confined spaces.
- Remove and repair various transformers, switchboards, connection boxes, multipin connectors, motor controllers, etc. while following company QA policies of disconnect sheets and WAF requirements.
- Developed thorough understanding of contract plans and specifications including one-line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules and ladder/loop diagrams.
- Installed and repaired electrical systems, wiring, fixtures, motors per plans.
- Supervised and assigned work to helpers.
- Diagnosed problems, check current leakages and work with varied voltages to fulfill client’s power source demands.
- Performed general electromechanical repairs on client systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
- Developed expertise in communication systems cabling, circuitry and wiring through various projects for public utility companies.
- Cultivated excellent relationships with clients, resulting in a strong base of referral business.
- Assist in the building and update of electrical utility substations and high voltage switching yards.
- Installation of switchgear, transformers, protective equipment, wiring and other electrical utility infrastructure.
- Testing and configuration of control and protection relays, medium voltage breakers, contactors and other switchgear.
- Using voltage drop to ensure proper wire selection for long distance runs, to ensure proper voltage for demand to be used.
- Design circuits to order proper material to be used in installed in different work environment such as interior, exterior, hazard’s location, cramp and confined locations, and at various heights.
- Testing and tracing circuits using a verity of testing equipment for example Clamp amp meters, voltage testers, and magers.
- Performs repairs and installations of all electrical equipment for commercial and residential applications.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical systems.
- Performed trouble shooting and repair for the entire electrical systems for large commercial warehouses and distribution centers.
- I assisted in coordinating and assigning priorities to multiple competing and important construction projects quickly and efficiently.
- I assisted in organizing and scheduling; trench meets, City and County Inspector meets, contractor & customers meets to ensure project success.
- I possessed a working knowledge of safe work practices, personal protective and test tools, utilized in the testing and maintenance of electrical systems.
- As part of a working crew, we all ensured that all employees working adhered and complied with all Federal, State and local policies, safety rules and safe work practices.
- Electrician and Assembly technician, overhead crane operator, forklift operator, and safety squad member.
- Electrician, can read and build power distribution systems with minimal guidanc.
- Extensive knowledge with reading and interpret blue prints and schematics.
- Tasks would include installing conduit (rigid, emt, aluminum ridgid any size), use of hand benders, Chicago benders, sidewinders, 535 threader and power pony.