Building Electricians provide electrical support to infrastructures. Their duties include repairing wires, analyzing blueprints, operating power tools, performing inspections of wiring, installing security systems, and staying informed of industry developments. To become a building electrician, you must have a high school diploma or its equivalent. Building Electricians must demonstrate attention to detail, problem-solving skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, a solid work ethic, strength, and endurance.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Building Electrician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Building Electrician resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for the planning, installation and upkeep of electrical components.
- Installed new and modified electrical wiring and devices.
- Analyzing technical issues and problems, diagnosing problems, providing support to other employees and assisting other technicians with issues.
- Used basic knowledge of electrical wiring to troubleshoot and repair residential and commercial buildings.
- Completed numerous commercial and residential projects including design, installation, system specifications, and code requirements for various electrical systems.
- Install and maintain all parts of commercial electrical systems.
- Including but not limited to conduit, wire, transformer and panel boards.
- Knowledge and ability to wire electrical motors, receptacles, circuitry and over current protection and distribution equipment.
- Ability to work with skilled and unskilled personnel to accomplish tasks assigned. Commercial and industrial electrical construction, new and tenant improvement.
- Conducted work in a safe manner that was compliant with building permits and safety codes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Maintained quality control standards during projects; ensure compliance with construction documents by the engineering department.
- Trained Millennium Technologies technicians on the construction management process in order to assist Millennium Technologies staff with the management of their own projects.
- Commercial solar lead electrician.
- Managed multiple crews at several locations.
- Worked with project managers and engineers throughout all phases of construction. AC and DC installation, termination and commissioning.
- Established relationships among subcontractors, vendors, and clients to facilitate prompt completion and safe workmanship of Millennium Technologies’ construction projects.
- Researched electrical industry trends and opportunities to pave the way for career growth.
Achieved a perfect safety record; no lost time, no accidents, and no citations by OSHA during 18 months of employment.
- Tagged out multiple power distribution circuits IAW with WAF’s, TUMS and NSTM 300 CH1/9.
- Request updates and statuses on Gas Free Work Scopes and existing tagged out items prior to work and entry of confined spaces.
- Removed and repair various transformers, switchboards, connection boxes, multipin connectors, motor controllers, etc. while following company QA policies of disconnect sheets and WAF requirements.
- Dealt with thousands of dollars in machinery damages due to power surges and lightning strikes at a client site; saved factory thousands in damages and thousands more in future repairs.
- Prevented and repaired $150,000 in electrical wiring problems in less than two years without any complaint to the owner.
- Developed thorough understanding of contract plans and specifications including one-line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules and ladder/loop diagrams.
- Installed and repaired electrical systems, wiring, fixtures, motors per plans.
- Supervised and assigned work to helpers.
- Diagnosed problems, check current leakages and work with varied voltages to fulfill client’s power source demands.
- Stood up to two brothers of the owner’s family when they threatened him regarding his work.
- Performed general electromechanical repairs on client systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to code requirements.
- Developed expertise in communication systems cabling, circuitry and wiring through various projects for public utility companies.
- Cultivated excellent relationships with clients, resulting in a strong base of referral business.
- Put these men in their place by demonstrating what could be done with a stick if someone tried to threaten me.
- Performed installation, repair, and maintenance for more than 130 customers account for a total cash flow of approximately $1 million dollars.
- Assisted in the building and update of electrical utility substations and high voltage switching yards.
- Installation of switchgear, transformers, protective equipment, wiring and other electrical utility infrastructure.
- Testing and configuration of control and protection relays, medium voltage breakers, contactors and other switchgear.
- Achieved award for exceeding exemplary standards during annual electrical training seminar; on an annual basis, demonstrated proficiency in all three phases of the association’s electrical code (Instruction, Installation, and Maintenance).
- Installed, serviced, and maintained electrical systems to meet safety codes.
- Using voltage drop to ensure proper wire selection for long distance runs, to ensure proper voltage for demand to be used.
- Designed circuits to order proper material to be used in installed in different work environment such as interior, exterior, hazard’s location, cramp and confined locations, and at various heights.
- Testing and tracing circuits using a verity of testing equipment for example Clamp amp meters, voltage testers, and mangers.
- Replaced and repaired the wiring.
- Erected telephone poles and lines.
- Performs repairs and installations of all electrical equipment for commercial and residential applications.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical systems.
- Performed trouble shooting and repair for the entire electrical systems for large commercial warehouses and distribution centers.
- Repaired faulty electrical systems.
- Installed conduits, transformers, generators, and motors.
- I assisted in coordinating and assigning priorities to multiple competing and important construction projects quickly and efficiently.
- I assisted in organizing and scheduling; trench meets, City and County Inspector meets, contractor & customers meets to ensure project success.
- I possessed a working knowledge of safe work practices, personal protective and test tools, utilized in the testing and maintenance of electrical systems.
- As part of a working crew, we all ensured that all employees working adhered and complied with all Federal, State and local policies, safety rules and safe work practices.
- Responsible for the operation of building electrical systems in the absence of a supervisor; effectively maintained energy output.
- Electrician and Assembly technician, overhead crane operator, forklift operator, and safety squad member.
- Electrician, can read and build power distribution systems with minimal guidance.
- Extensive knowledge with reading and interpret blue prints and schematics.
- Tasks would include installing conduit (rigid, emt, aluminum ridged any size), use of hand benders, Chicago benders, sidewinders, 535 threader and power pony.
- Maintained the organization and appearance of work area; completed multiple-layered curriculum that included equipment servicing and installations program; earned award for serving as a team leader at Maxwell Industries.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.