Architectural Designers create plans for buildings and spaces within a building. They use a variety of software programs to design exterior and interior spaces. Their duties include developing floor plans, giving presentations, creating models, managing budgets, providing drawings and sketches, coordinating with other professionals such as engineers, and choosing the appropriate materials based on the client’s preferences. Architectural Designers need an associate or bachelor’s degree in architecture or a related field along with several years of experience designing architectural space.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Architectural Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Architectural Designer resumes for your reference.
- Created construction drawings and supporting materials for residential interior design projects.
- Designed floor layouts and detailed drawings for high-end residential projects.
- Developed 3D room renderings for client presentations.
- Develop complete FF&E presentation packages for the client to review and approve.
- Prepare and revise specification books including budget pricing for entire project.
- Build strong relationships with owners, vendors, manufacturers and co-workers through daily communication.
- Survey existing conditions of facilities to determine possible architectural problems for future renovations.
- Designed and detailed interior and faÃ§ade designs and space planning for multiple projects including restaurants, airport retail kiosks and stores, residential renovations, restoration, and civic and community buildings.
- Rendering and graphic design for client proposals and presentations.
- Created detailed construction documents for fabrication, installation and construction.
- Furnish architectural design and drafting services for established architectural design firm.
- Participate in construction meetings interfacing with project managers, engineers and foremen.
- Utilize CAD and Revit applications with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Responsible for schematic, architectural, and construction drawings and visit sites to verify the work.
- Coordination of construction drawings and Conducting client meetings.
- Looking into New York and New Jersey building codes for various projects.
- Produce commercial and residential drawings for documentation and reference for each design process.
- Consult with clients and organize meetings to appropriately inform logistics, time frames, and design boundaries.
- Assess projects on site with exacted measurements for refinements in renovation.
- Designed and managed projects for numerous high end retail stores.
- Standardized architectural details and drawing formats for retail division.
- Worked closely with the principals to develope and prepare presentations for design competitions.
- I practiced design strategies delivering tailored residential experiences utilizing the cutting-edge of architectural technology.
- My professional experience includes detail drawings, assembling CDs and maintaining client relations.
- During development I tested multiple variations and best-use cases for residential programs that resulted notably in the redesign of a light-well and adjacent stairway.
- Design and Build work for several commercial projects, institutional, medical, educational, and industrial buildings.
- Assisting in developing the entire architectural development of a project from schematic design through construction, in collaboration with other departments and team members to formulate drawings consistent with the ownerâ€™s agreement and budget objectives.
- Developing construction documents and preliminary structural framing plans to provide guidance for structural engineering development as well as basic footing and foundation wall designs.
- Coordinated engineers and consultants in restoring and modernizing the United Nations complex.
- Extensively researched architectural designs and organized submissions; Gained a rich understanding of numerous cultures, commemorative spaces and building elements within the context of historic preservation and sustainable design principles.
- Produced construction documents and evaluated the conditions of the United Nations’ exterior gifts (statues and sculptures) for relocation and protection.
- Introduced modern building techniques using my practical engineering skills that I had acquired through my training.
- Prepare working drawings showing plans, elevations, sections, materials and finishes, as well as other aspects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, car parking and landscaping using AutoCAD.
- Calculated the quantity and quality of materials needed, material and labor costs and project completion dates.
- Developing shop drawings and specifications after project approvals have been obtained.
- Reviewing cost estimates and construction material recommendations submitted by outside consultants and vendors to ensure adherence to contract and notifying the principal architect of discrepancies.
- Verifying the work of contractors, ensuring specified materials are being used, dimensions are as drawn and quality is according to contract documents.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.