These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Social Worker resumes for your reference.
- Work with terminally ill or dying patients to help ensure their comfort and quality of life during their remaining days.
- Compassion for patient and families, good communication skills and patience.
- Collaborate with Doctor, Social Worker, and CNA for optimal patient care.
- Provide social work service within case management to physicians, patients, families, and interdisciplinary staff in the care of patients.
- Work collaboratively with nursing staff, case managers, external organizations and community resources to provide health services across the continuum of care.
- Respond to immediate needs of patients and families in emergency situations.
- Facilitate discharge activities and coordination in determining discharge disposition and transportation facilities.
- Provide expert knowledge assessing patients, and their families who were affected by illness and dying. In particular those who might be considered to have complex needs.
- Work with clients who have both varied degrees of physical and mental impairments.
- Demonstrate clinical excellence and a high standard of patient centered care.
- Provide systematic interventions with patients, in a multi-disciplinary team, to ensure needs of patients are being met.
- Help identify and provide for patient’s social, emotional, and psychological needs.
- Identify patient needs by developing social histories, social assessments and care plans.
- Linking patients to community resources; maintaining current index of community resources.
- Conducted bio-psychosocial assessments information on social, educational, criminal, institutional, or drug history.
- Provided information or referred individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
- Assisted in locating housing for displaced individuals, Interviewed residents individually, in families, or in groups.
- Assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
- Provide direct support and counseling by teaching family problem solving strategies and provide tools for families to address areas of need; advocate for families in the educational process; serve on the FAPT team.
- Develop comprehensive assessments of strengths and needs of children and families.
- Counsel families in the development of a responsible service plan based on various assessments.
- Maintain professional confidential case records according to state and federal law.
- Encourage social inclusion by mentoring and coaching individuals to realize the value in everyone.
- Guide and support young people through personal, social and educational development.
- Communicate with young people to asses problematic situations and help teach positive coping strategies to deal with issues related to health, drugs, violence, relationships, bullying etc.
- Provided social service assessment, resource referral, counseling, and multi-disciplinary team collaboration within two community-based programs.
- Maintained cooperative relationship with team members, community programs.
- Developed resources, provided grief counseling, supported family members in the community.
- Formulated appropriate care plans for patients based on needs, and completed MDS assessments.
- Assisted patient and relatives with assisted living (ALF), and skilled nursing (SNF) placement.
- Referred patients to various community resources.
- Conducted appropriate discharge planning based on the patient’s needs.
- Responsible for social work component of an interdisciplinary team approach in outpatient clinics with children and adolescents with various and complex biopsychosocial needs.
- Provided psychosocial assessments by interviewing patients and their families.
- Facilitated patients/families use of health care and community resources.
- Actively participated in interdisciplinary team meetings to develop comprehensive treatment and transition plans for patients and to determine current psychosocial needs.
- Complete initial and reassessment program intakes for new and established senior program participants to determine appropriate program recommendations.
- Effectively manage daily Senior Center program of 60 plus clients.
- Develop and execute daily therapeutic groups for senior program participants and monthly presentations to encourage continued independent living.
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients’ medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Utilize consultation data and social work experience to plan and coordinate client or patient care and rehabilitation, following through to ensure service efficacy.