These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Stage Manager resumes for your reference.
- Make sure actors and crew are safe and have everything that they need.
- Keeps all departments on track, makes appointments, and creates schedules to make time used efficiently and effectively.
- Is able to problem solve quickly and effectively and must be prepared for any emergency.
- Make sure the script is uploaded to canvas in a timely manner so actors can read it prior to auditions.
- Ask that you get a copy of the ground plan from the TD as soon as possible.
- Make sure the designers get you their list of needs concerning curtain, lighting & sound equipment.
- Meet with the director to discus the production: the style, interpretation, and period.
- Determine how many ASMs you might need according to the size and needs of the production.
- Manage all aspects of the studio from placing props and furniture to dressing cables and setting up camera positions and monitors.
- Manage live audiences, including the explanation of safety requirements, program timing and pertinent details of the show.
- Knowledge of in-studio equipment (ped cams, steadicam, jib, A2 equipment, lighting board, etc.).
- Assist Production and Operations Crew in set day and game day assignments by being self motivated with a strong work ethic and organization skills and paying attention to every detail.
- Execution of live game day promotions, sales, bumps, slides quickly and correctly in pressure situations with Play-by-play and Color analysts on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN news, and ABC broadcasts.
- Quick analytical business formatting and creating various situations where advertising dollars could be used during a live broadcast.
- Responsible for setting up equipment necessary for performances and rehearsals.
- Works with production manager to cue orchestra members on and off stage during performances.
- Assists with any equipment movements during rehearsals and performances.
- Responsible for managing the stage crew for weekend services, training new crew members, and encouraging new volunteers.
- Interfacing and coordinating with church staff and leadership to ensure seamless technical aspects during rehearsals and service times.
- Responsible for maintaining guitars, wireless equipment, and other technologies to enable the church staff and volunteers to succeed.
- Supervise cast and crew and delegate roles and responsibilities for an efficient production.
- Maintain all schedules, notes, and information regarding the show and its needs to keep show on schedule.
- Consolidated contact point for each cast, crew, and production member of the show to improve efficiency and accountability.
- Insure safety of actors and performance by implementing and executing quality check on sets in accordance with Actors Equity Association and OSHA.
- Responsible for setting up stage and operating audio and visual equipment.
- In charge of monitor displays, mic checks, mixing and running the audio desk to ensure proper sound and performance.
- Complete weekly checks on equipment to ensure proper usage and that nothing is damaged.
- Organized and Managed over 50 actors, technical crew, and specialty acts through pre- production meetings, rehearsals, and performances.
- Maintained a very strict schedule for 2 months of rehearsals, 8 performance dates, 8 hours each night and 3 different performance rooms at one time.
- Communicated regularly between director, all lead designers, specialty acts, actors and crew to make sure everyone was working towards the same goal.
- Contract job to manage the cast and crew from start of auditions to the run of the show.
- Generate sign in sheets, manage rehearsals, time keeping, data entry, generate rehearsal reports.
- Maintain all communication with directors and crew members. Maintain positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Manage all areas of advertising and marketing events via social media networks.
- Coordinate and supervise technical and theater personnel to ensure smooth operations, including sound, lighting, theater scouting, as well as design and layout of stage props in accordance with directorial requirements.
- Develop and implement all merchandise promotional plans which includes books, recordings, and DVD’s.
- Supervised each element of production to include, schedules, rehearsals and performances.
- Helped to create and market advertisements for the play(s) in the form of digital and physical media.
- Oversaw backstage movement such as scene changes and crew effectiveness.
- Facilitated the Directors’ vision by communicating with talent, designers and producers.