RNs provide assistance to doctors. Their duties include conducting diagnostics tests, establishing treatment plans, recommending healthy habits, providing emotional support, maintaining medical equipment, and monitoring the patient’s status. To become an RN, you must obtain an Associate’s degree in Nursing. RNs must demonstrate empathy, professionalism, attention to detail, interpersonal skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and stress tolerance.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best RN Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real RN (Registered Nurse) resumes for your reference.
Registered Nurse (RN)
- Registered nurse for inpatient psych units.
- Manage 6-9 patients, Perform alcohol and opiate withdrawal assessments.
- Administer emergency medications and long acting anti-psychotics in addition to routine scheduled medications.
- Prioritizing care and utilizing time management skills to effectively care for patients.
- Communicating with all members of the team to provide safe, efficient, and competent care.
- Applying proper medication reconciliation mathematics and knowledge to properly calculate doses and administer medications.
- Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical, Orthopedic, Psychiatric:Duties include, but are not limited to accepting responsibility for the care of assigned patients.
- Ensure that ordered medications and treatments are provided and monitor and report any changes in patient’s condition.
- Along with medical team, update patient care plans and electronic medical records as needed.
- Provide assignments and supervision to subordinate staff.
- Registered nurse on the med-sur unit Involve in the admission and discharge of patient.
- Providing health education for health maintainers and prevention of diseases.
- Care of patient with different medical and surgical diagnosis with the use of nursing care plan based on evidence base practices and facility policies like Hypertension, cerebral vascular accident, Diabetic, Bipolar disorder, abdominal surgeries, knee replacement and care of patient post ICU transfer.
- Assessment and thorough wound care treatment of the pediatric burn patient in both in-patient and outpatient settings.
- Assessment and management of pediatric patients within the intensive care setting as pertaining to burns.
- Assisting physicians and directing minor and major inpatient unit procedures under minor, moderate, and conscious sedation.
- Participated in Seton’s 18 week RN Residency with didactic and hands on clinical experience with assigned preceptors on day and night shifts.
- Independently provide quality care for 4-6 patients on a 31 bed Pulmonary/Renal Acute Care Unit with patients starting at age 19.
- Perform thorough head-to-toe assessments for each patient with a variety of diagnoses, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, end-stage renal disease, pulmonary edema, heart failure, asthma, and cystic fibrosis.
- Began as a float nurse working for the different medical and radiation oncologists in our practice.
- Being a float nurse required me to adapt quickly to the different positions I was in.
- Currently I am working under one of our oncologists as his desk nurse.
- This involves triaging phone calls, placing orders under my physician, extracting data from patient’s charts, navigating through our EMR as well as two of our major hospital system’s EMRs, and more.
- Works as a registered nurse in the Pulmonary Telemetry Unit.
- Works under the supervision of the charge nurse and nursing manager to take care of patients with respiratory and cardiovascular diagnoses such as heart failure, COPD, asthma exacerbation, pneumonia, atrial fibrillation, and respiratory failure to name a few.
- Performed tasks of the RN such as assessment, education, medication administration, critical thinking, communicating with physicians and ancillary staffs, and formulating plans of care for the patient.
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice.
- The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of care within the Medical/Surgical Unit.
- Provide inpatient nursing care to adults receiving medical-surgical treatment requiring continuous cardiac monitoring.
- Coordinate treatment with multidisciplinary healthcare team members to attain optimal health and continuity of care.
- Monitoring patients using standardized procedures for pre, and post procedures (cardiac catheterization , bronchoscopy, EGD, PEG placement and chest tube insertion,).
- Management of patients with complex wounds and fistulas , drains, and vacuum- assisted closure devices.
- Incorporate excellent customer service through the process of admitting patients, screening health histories, and collecting and documenting vital signs in fast paced, surgery center.
- Assess patientâ€™s conditions and health needs, including biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care and educational factors and utilize nursing process to implement plan of care.
- Observe and evaluate patient responses to medical care and report pertinent reactions to appropriate personnel.
- Excellent assessment skills, telemetry interpretation, continuous patient monitoring.
- Proficient with IV’s, rapid afib/diltiazem infusion, sepsis protocol and DKA/insulin drips.
- Prioritizes plan of care, advocates, and educates patients for optimal health outcomes.
- Assumes the responsibility of continuous professional development as a registered nurse.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.