These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Personal Fitness Trainer resumes for your reference.
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor
- Help clients meet their individual goal by assisting them through exercises with proper form.
- Give members fitness assessments to help provide health recommendations.
- Educate members on proper diet techniques.
- Instruct a group of members that ranged from 5 to 20 people through exercises relating to weight lifting, kickboxing conditioning, boxing conditioning, and TRX.
- Shadowed the head trainer there at the club during her sessions with clients as well as during consultations with members of the club.
- Taught a small group fitness class of 4 people.
- Walked the gym floor and interacted with members there and worked out enough to have them become intrigued of me and asked for fitness advice.
- Called members and set them up for personal training Consultations at the club.
Fitness Manager/Personal Trainer
- Oversee the fitness department, personal trainers and group fitness instructors.
- Ensuring the group fitness scedules are updated each month, all classes are covered when needed.
- Properly making sure department is equipped to meet monthly and quarterly goals.
- Work closet with the general manager to ensure the club and business runs smoothly.
- Initiate new member consultations and fitness assessments to generate new clientele.
- Design and implement fitness and nutrition programs according to client’s needs and goals.
- Conduct private and group training with efficiency, effectiveness, and safety.
- Track client progress and adjust program as necessary.
- Demonstrate safe and correct form with respect to various movements.
- Prepare constantly varied workouts for groups and individuals.
- Lead by example to clients and members by maintaining a healthy and fit lifestyle.
- Facilitates gym member functions and events efficiently and enthusiastically.
- Create fitness program personalized to client’s needs, helping them reach their desired and/or genetic potential.
- Provide coaching to support client in physical goal achievement, as well as internal, holistic support.
- Create nutritional program to support clients’ lifestyle and training objectives.
- Assist in-gym with opening and closing procedures, general maintenance, customer service, membership and product sales.
- Provide beneficial and safe training sessions to maximize results.
- Lead and create fun and efficient group exercise classes and boot camps.
- Perform health assessments to determine client risk factors.
- Educate clients on effective exercise prescription and proper nutrition.
- Learned effective sales communication skills for members and potential clients.
- Gained knowledge on how to sell personal training packages and learned how to retain clients.
- Acquired techniques to assist clients in meeting fitness goals.
- Managed short-term and long-term fitness goals with clients.
Fitness Manager/Personal Trainer
- Partners in coordination with clients to develop individualized scheduled fitness plans.
- Provides personal physical fitness tips through teaching and demonstration of exercises.
- Educates clients on healthy lifestyle and importance of life fitness.
- Offers expert knowledge on fitness plan, different exercises and gym equipment usage and their effects on particular parts of the body.
- Responsible for coordinating water aerobic fitness routines for wellness members.
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle when in the gym and in the pool.
- Maintain the wellness center as sanitary as possible.
- Teach concise movement and technique for maximum benefit and safety.
- Design specialized training plans for amateur mixed martial arts athletes.
- Assist clients with therapeutic exercises and strength and conditioning practices.
- Coach and motivate clients to reach their health and fitness goals.
- Develop safe, professional, exciting and comprehensive personal training programs.
- Monitor and instruct clients during personal training sessions on the safe and effective use of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training equipment.
- Educate members on current health and fitness issues and trends.
- Conduct fitness consultations for new clients including pre-participation screening, Medical History, Lifestyle questionnaire, and goal setting to assess and recommend personal training programs.