Elementary Teacher is a person who instructs student in elementary school, creates lesson plans, teaches such subjects as science, literature and math. Those who interest must have such skills as being able to create and modify lesson plans, making positive educational climate for students, grading papers, being abreast of current educational topics, tutoring students, establishing learning objectives, managing students’ behavior. Elementary teachers must have broad knowledge of general education curriculum, solid foundation in early childhood development, obtain state-issued teaching certificate or license. These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Elementary Teacher resumes for your reference.
- Encouraging positive student behavior through successful classroom management techniques.
- Reviewing assessment data to develop appropriate goals and objectives for at-risk students.
- Consulting with school personnel regarding the implementation of the IEPs, and special educational services.
- Planning a balanced program of instruction including demonstration, observation and hands on activities that provides students the opportunities to investigate and build questions.
- Plan and implement differentiated lessons and activities to meet the individual academic needs of the children.
- Create an effective classroom culture that supports the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques and technologies that maintain student interest throughout the learning process.
Elementary School Teacher
- Increased homeroom students grade level by 40 % as monitored by online diagnostic program called “IReady”.
- Earned highly effective for coherent lesson planning, coherent progression of instruction, creating an classroom culture of high expectations of students, and ability to effectively collaborate with peers by administrator on final teacher evaluation.
- Taught general education students as well as individuals with learning challenges and special needs within a mainstreamed, inclusive classroom.
- Modified curriculum to create meaningful, authentic learning for students by gathering outside resources to facilitate all styles of learner.
Elementary School Teacher
- Develop and deliver interactive lessons in accordance with school and state curriculum standards for grades 4th – 6th.
- Enhance student learning experience by implementing technology in the classroom.
- Developed the very first online school newspaper.
- Provide technology assistance to staff and administration.
- Integrate ESL strategies into all subject matter providing ethnically diverse students a solid foundation in the English language and mastery of grade-level course content.
- Deliver Reader’s Workshop model with Guided Reading, Writer’s Workshop model, and Math in Focus program.
- Utilize diverse instructional methods and resources materials to emphasize individual learning capabilities in accordance with Common Core State Standards.
- Assisted students with learning disabilities to succeed in the regular education classroom through modifications and accomodations.
- Worked with students from different backgrounds (mostly at risk, ESL students and low income families.
- Created lesson plans, adapted materials and resources to a more suitable environment for young children.
- Assessment of students from different backgrounds (economically disadvantaged, ESL students).
- Interaction with families and participated in school events.
Elementary School Substitute Teacher
- Ensure that classroom instruction is handled according to the school’s policies, goals and objec- tives.
- Establish and maintain classroom behavior and order.
- Follow instructions left by the lead teacher and ensure that they are followed appropriately.
- Create a report at the end of each day on the work completed and the behavior of students.
- Creating instruction that supports the development of the cognitive, emotional, social, physical and spiritual growth of the child.
- The use of School Curriculum, Montessori Albums, and current research based instructional practices to develop interdisciplinary units of instruction that meet both the group and individual needs of students.
- Responsible for maintaining an on-going dialogue with specialty teachers and coordinating curriculum integration and implementation with these teachers.
- Effectively provides and maintains records for reading intervention services for seven students.
- Communicates regularly with parents to plan and implement both academic and behavior interventions for struggling students.
- Successfully differentiates instruction according to individual student needs.
- Developed lessons in collaboration with the classroom teachers that enable all students in the classroom to understand the objectives contained within the lessons.
- I created lessons designed to meet the state’s objectives for the subject matter.
- I worked with K-6 grade and rotated in and out of classrooms.
- Differentiate instruction to support individual students’ needs and learning styles.
- Collect and analyze data on students’ individual goals to drive instruction and learning activities for students.
- Collaborate with teachers within the grade level to implement strategies and ideas that support our students’ specific learning goals.
Elementary School Teacher
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Develop and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs.