An office administrator is responsible for the supervision of clerical and administrative tasks and staff. They supervise other administrative staff, greet guests when they arrive, keep an inventory of office supplies, coordinate meeting space, answer phones and manage calendars. This role typically requires at least a high school diploma and sometimes a college degree. A successful office administrator is organized, efficient, detail-oriented, resourceful and has great communication skills, computer skills and customer service skills.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Office Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Office Administrator resumes for your reference.
- Created and maintained all files, documents, spreadsheets and correspondence required to manage efficient office operation.
- Assisted Project Managers in distributing workload to contractors, Tracked all work orders from arrival to delivery.
- Compiled documentation required for DOB approval and arranged for on time delivery to clients.
- Assisted Accounting team in keeping data for project expenses and office expenses.
- Responsible for the daily organization and maintenance of a 1,400 square feet office with no co-workers.
- Provided general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management.
- Prepared and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Managers.
- Trained employees in the office administration of filing cabinets, workstations, and monitors.
- Demonstrated good time-management skills by keeping pace with the routine duties of administrative staff.
- Assistant to three partners and all associates practicing civil engineering.
- Assisted in the drafting and finalizing of contracts; traffic impact studies; correspondence; preparing applications for municipalities, agencies, county and state.
- Managed all in-house and archived files at an outside storage facility; setting up large and small conferences and meetings; supervising office inventory; all incoming and outgoing mail; and reception.
- Performed all facets of the job required to maintain a clean, orderly and professional work environment conducive to productivity; set up casual employee lounge for company meetings.
- Seamlessly integrated into office staff by maintaining professionalism in my communications and performance in meetings; demonstrated excellent customer relations skills.
- Arranged vehicle leases, hotel accommodations, conference events for thirty to sixty executives, government civil servants and air force personnel.
- Served as the principal liaison with multiple government agencies by securing the required international documents and supporting documentation for relocating personnel.
- Managed inventories involving business equipment/supplies and vehicle leases.
- Minimized office disruption and discomfort by maintaining a clean, workable environment.
- Recovered from a small fire in the building by quickly extinguishing small fires, alerting building occupants, calling emergency personnel, and notifying building management.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in telephone and front-desk reception within a high-volume environment.
- Acted as liaison with IT support company, troubleshooting office equipment when necessary.
- Responsible for managing and updating master calendar of client events for staff of 50 medical communication and meeting planning professionals.
- Assisted with coordinating special projects as requested by the Planning and Logistics Department, including coordinating materials and shipping needs for corporate meetings.
- Prepared legal documents by utilizing scanning equipment, word processing software, and computer-assisted drafting software in a timely manner according to attorney review and court deadlines.
- Performed all office functions, supervised front, and back office, conducted data entry (Microsoft Office), processed PIP- no fault claims.
- Organized, and filed medical records, and scheduled special testing (range of motion, functional capacity, EMG ectromyography, and MRI Magnetic Renaissance Imaging.
- Scheduled/organized all patient transportation to, and from facility.
- Successfully processed web page requests by designing HTML documents using Dreamweaver software; updated web page content to reflect changes in company information.
- Assisted with preparation and processing of corporate, regulatory, and tax filings.
- Performed General administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining office supplies.
- Greet Visitors and staff, determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate person.
- Process, maintain and file confidential information including youth files, payroll, purchasing and facility audits conducted by the state.
- Tracked, analyzed, and controlled inventory of over $500,000 company assets.
- Completed 1-5% of the workload in contrast to other workers’ accomplishments of 10-50%.
- Provided support for all administrative tasks and daily office workflow.
- Sort and manage all incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Managed the office calendar and maintain a schedule for conference rooms and meetings.
- Greet guests and answer phones, relaying messages and transferring calls as needed.
- Developed internal policies for the organization in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness in handling finances, communications, personnel changes, procedures, records maintenance, security measures for the computers and mainframe.
- Performed day-to-day accounting tasks, including accounts payable/receivable, administrative scheduling, invoicing and budget tracking for the office, department budgets and expenses, etc.
- Coordinate meetings, business trips, and related domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Troubleshoot conflicts, and improve IT hardware and software through active problem-solving efforts and communication.
- Created organizational procedures and systems to facilitate the international relocation of partners and their families.
- Achieved 75% accuracy rate performing clerical duties; achieved a 95% or higher accuracy rate for administrative duties.
- Managing organizational financials: accounts payable/receivable, cash book register, bank reconciliation, generate and file payroll taxes (federal, state & city), payroll processing and distribution of employee checks.
- Generate financial reports: Balance sheet, Profit & Loss (P&L) statements and general ledger (GL) accounts, invoicing, contract and price negotiation that curtails operating cost by 20-25%.
- Managed all corporate insurance policy coverage and project audits.
- Assign and oversee staff schedules; manage employee log books and files; Perform employee orientation for new administrative staff.
- Performed advanced clerical duties for the product development department of a general contracting firm; handled client information and maintained records.
- Screen incoming phone calls, direct to appropriate party and answer inquiries.
- Coordinate shipments with FedEx and courier service for time sensitive documents.
- Process monthly expenses and coordinating documentation in a timely manner.
- Analyzed financial data; reconciled intercompany accounts via computer and handled billing from an outside accounting firm.
- Developed and implemented new accounting procedures in a timely manner, ensuring financial analysis accuracy and conclusive reports.
- Proficiently manage high volume of calls, emails and other internal and external communications.
- Provided administrative support to the President, Senior Vice President, and executive level employees.
- Accurately process expense reports, invoices, and manage office supply inventory.
- Oversee and manage all incoming and outgoing mail and packages for employees and clients.
- Contributed to the implementation of new revenue-generating opportunities with contacts throughout the community; increased quarterly profits by 15% over the previous quarter.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.