These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Nursing Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Experienced healthcare worker with providing knowledge and support of a fast-paced environment handling confidential paperwork and providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent time management and leadership skills, while improving the concerns of quality of care so that, it can produce work in an orderly and attractive way to ensure that tasks are completed correctly and on time.
- Take personal responsibilities for professional development, practice and education while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Float to all units, as needed, performed nursing assistant and patient care duties as assigned.
- Comply with HIPAA standards in all patient documentation and interactions.
- Maintain patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine; recording intake and output information.
- Provide patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; answering patients’ call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to RN.
- Provides patients’ personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, nonsterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; applying restraints.
- Assisted nursing staff with all aspects of daily care including bathing, feeding, and clothing.
- Identified and documented any abnormal changes to patient condition both physical and emotional.
- Maintained cleaniness of patient’s room and provided genuine companionship.
- Provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN and maintains a safe environment.
- Provides direct hygiene and comfort care to patients including bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinence care, and bed making.
- Takes vital signs, performs glucose finger sticks, and collects specimens.
- To assist patients with activities of daily living like eating and bathing.
- Also, help provide basic care such as assisting with peritoneal care and restroom assistant.
- Transport patients throughout the hospital to designated treatment areas.
- Provide a safe, clean, and clutter free environment for all patient, family members, and staff.
- Sanitize all patient lounging-areas, nursing station, medical consultation rooms and equipment.
- Restock patient and nursing supplies daily, weekly, monthly or as scheduled.
- Search patient charts to ensure all information is labeled with correct patient identification labels, date and time.
- Read Nursing notes thoroughly on individual patients to gain insight regarding typical patient interaction.
- Assisted clients with daily living skills, which includes: toileting, bathing, serving food and attending activities and outings.
- Completed documentation for each client served which recorded daily activities and health procedures.
- Assist Nurse with task as assigned and administer medication under the supervision of a nurse.
- Assist nurses with diverse functions including IV management, catheters and telemetry.
- Supervise patients with diminished capacity and monitor safety hazards.
- Collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary team to carry out doctor’s orders and optimal treatment.
- Bathe and groom patients, change bedding, and provide basic patient care.
- Responsible for total patient care which include bathing and feeding.
- Assisted with personal and dental hygiene and perineal care.
- Monitored and recorded vital signs which included blood pressure, height and weight.
- Observed, documented, and reported any medical or behavioral changes to Nursing Manager.
- Provide high-quality nursing assistance such as hygienic care, vital sign testing, and assist with activities of daily living to patients on surgical units while maintaining hospital safety standards.
- Assist nurses with diverse functions in a variety of procedures and treatment modalities such as dressing changes, catheter insertions, and telemetry monitoring.
- Prioritize patient satisfaction to improve patient relations and consistently deliver excellent nursing care.
- Provide excellent customer service when responding to patient/family requests.
- Responsible for monitoring the vital signs of post/anti partum patients which include blood pressure, heart rate, respiration and temperature.
- Provide needed personal items like water pitchers, pads, icepacks, and bed linens.
- Perform non-nursing duties as delegated, such as cleaning, stocking, answering phones, clerical support, and providing directions.