These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Med Surg Nurse resumes for your reference.
- Pre-op evaluation, ease patient anxiety, health history, Informed Consent, detailed documentation, 3 and 12 lead EKGs.
- Circulate in OR, assist surgeon, time out, sterilize surgical location, prepare sterile field for implements, monitor patient vitals closely, detailed documentation.
- Post-op care of patient, maintain patient safety, monitor vital signs, assess patient responsiveness, alert physician with adverse changes in condition, verify all documentation is complete.
Registered Nurse, Med-Surg
- Performing all nursing care in accordance with the state Nursing Act while adhering to all facility policies, procedures and protocols.
- Monitoring patient progress and identifying any changes in status, acting on those changes to ensure patient comfort and safety.
- Manage and utilize strong assessment skills to determine necessary patient care for patients with various medical conditions for pre-operative and post-operative status.
RN Medical Surgical
- Observe upwards of 5-8 patients per shift, charted and reported changes in patient’s’ condition, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatments.
- Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection .
- Develop plan of care that is individualized for the patient.
- Perform appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform initial patient assessments and work with physicians to plan, implement, and evaluate plans of care for adult-geriatric patient population.
- Conduct ongoing assessments as determined by the adult or elderly patient’s condition and reprioritize care accordingly.
- Report critical values and condition changes to Charge Nurse or Doctors.
- Utilize clinical expertise to administer medications and injections, administer IV therapy, perform venipuncture, provide wound care, monitor glucose levels and lab values, assist in bedside procedures, monitor various drainage devices.
- Recorded patients’ medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.
- Monitored post-op vitals, set up PCA, fluids, reviewed post-op orders and orient patients to unit.
- Actively participated in unit-based Policy an Procedure council and was the lead educator on the unit on policies such as foley catheter insertion, blood transfusion.
- Performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary members of the health care team to create a plan of care with outcomes that are individualized for each patient based on each diagnosis.
- Delegate and provide direct patient care as needed while maintaining patient safety as priority.
- Act as Charge nurse when needed, oversee care and make myself available as a resource person to staff, patients, and patient families.
- Receive and provide nursing care to the patients after orthopedic and general surgery.
- Assessed life threatening complications and managed with immediate actions.
- Assisted the patient and family to obtain knowledge of the disease and its management.
Med Surg Nurse
- Worked closely with the medical team to develop short and long terms goals and care plans.
- Interact with patient and family to provide answers to questions.
- Involve patient and family/significant other in planning patient’s care with education for disease process.
Registered Nurse Med/Surg
- Cared for a variety of patients who had acute, chronic and post-surgical conditions.
- Able to carry out the nursing process with knowledge and efficiency.
- Able to perform various tasks, such as: blood transfusions, wound care, using the Ivac, monitoring, administering medications, etc. BLS certified.
- Able to communicate with staff and family members to achieve best patient outcomes.
Staff Nurse, Med/Surg
- Work independently providing bedside care, treatment and clinical documentation for patients on the medical-surgical floor.
- Utilize the nursing process when administering medication and treatments, doing dressing changes, maintaining IVs and all other aspects of nursing care.
- Facilitate admissions, discharges, transfers of patients, Prepared chart notes and other documentation.
Staff Nurse Med-Surg
- Carefully monitor and effectively communicate changes in conditions and provide the necessary and appropriate interventions per physician orders.
- Educate patients and families on disease processes and preparation for advancing to the next level of care.
- (Renal) Acute renal failure that require dialysis pending kidney recovery, ESRD, AV fistulas/grafts, Vas-Caths/Perma-Cath.
- (Skin) Fistulas, Drains, ostomies, decubitus ulcers, post-surgical wounds, ischemic extremities, cellulitis, etc.
Staff Nurse Med-Surg
- Prepared admission documentation, assessment and plan of care based on primary diagnosis.
- Assessed patient’s needs and conditions at regular intervals as defined in unit standards of care, reviewed and implemented physician orders.
- Documented patient care, physician orders, vital signs, treatment parameters, procedures and test results into Meditech Patient Care System.
- Monitored intake and output per unit standard of care, physician order, per nursing assessed need and/or as specified by hospital policy.