These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Medical Technologist resumes for your reference.
- Executed and analyzed routine and complex tests in areas including urinalysis, hematology, coagulation, and chemistry in the core laboratory.
- Performed preventative maintenance, quality control and troubleshoots when necessary on laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Communicated critical test results effectively to nurses and physicians.
- Generalist position functioning in the areas of hematology, coagulation, chemistry, microbiology, mycology, parasitology, and water analysis for the animals of SeaWorld.
- Special jobs include: writing procedures, assisting with SeaWorld’s Artificial Insemination program and dolphin paternity testing, safety officer, compiling data for quality control monitoring program.
- Special Training and Awards – completed Olympus school for the au400e, employee of the month.
- Collects blood sample from neonates, geriatric and ambulatory patients.
- Follows standard operating procedures (SOP) developed to produce accurate, reproducible results.
- Operates laboratory equipment/instrumentation (e.g., Blood Cell Counters, Chemistry Analyzers, Automated Microbiology Analyzers, and Blood Bank Cell processing equipment) consistent with standard operating procedures and manufacturer’s instruction manuals.
- Major responsibilities include patient testing, quality control, instrument maintenance, trouble- shooting, and reporting test results.
- Teaching responsibilities have included training of medical technology interns, new technologists, pathology residents and blood gas analysis to laboratory phlebotomists in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Method development included implementation of the Gibson and Cook quantitative pilocarpine iontrophoretic technique of sweat chloride analysis.
- Hematology Department which also included Coagulation, Urinalysis and other body fluid testing.
- Performed other related tasks required by the project and other related works assigned by the CMSAF PPM-DOTS Unit such as Community Medical Mission.
- Correctly prepared laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests, research, process or quality control.
- Created detailed reports summarizing data collected in the laboratory for the research and development, regulatory affairs and marketing teams.
- Specialists in blood bank technology demonstrate a superior level of technical proficiency and problem-solving ability in such areas as: testing for blood group antigens, compatibility, and antibody identification; investigating abnormalities such as hemolytic diseases of the newborn, hemolytic anemias, and adverse reactions to transfusion.
- Supporting physicians in transfusion therapy for patients with coagulopathies, for example, or candidates for organ and cellular transplantation/therapy; and performing blood collection and processing, including selecting donors, collecting blood, typing blood, and performing viral marker testing to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Basic computer knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Possesses strong leadership skills demonstrating excellence in interpersonal skills to promote, and develop teambuilding; leadership ability, demonstrating excellence in interpersonal relationships
- Generalist:Maintain and troubleshoot instruments and equipment and document according to policies and procedures.
- Performed daily, weekly, and monthly quality control on instruments and calibration to verify the reliability of results.
- I recorded data and created daily reports for quality management.
- Perform blood bank procedures such as crossmatches, DAT, and antibody screens.
- Perform chemical, hematological, serological, imunological tests using instrumentation and manual means on body fluids and exudates as needed.
- Operated an assortment of laboratory/testing equipment and performed various chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic procedures and tests.
- Quickly mastered important laboratory procedures and usage of laboratory tools and machines.
- Proficiency at observing safety precautions and handling of infectious specimens; remembering principles involved in biochemical reactions; and understanding laboratory procedures.
- Superb analytical ability and judgment to relate test results to normal or pathological states, to resolve technical equipment problems, and interpret quality control data.
- Maintains high-level of accuracy and efficiency while operating several analyzers and performing manual tests.
- Well versed in Clinical Microscopy and interpretation of Microbiology biochemicals.
- Experience writing and revising standard operating procedures (SOP) that satisfy CAP checklists.
- Monitor technologist-pathologist communication of critical results; compile and report data regarding communications to view progress in meeting goal of 100% completion of critical calls.
- Implemented turn around time (TAT) log book to document time delays for STAT specimens.
- Assists Section supervisor in the appropriate dissemination of information in intershift departmental communication.
- Assists in the evaluation of new methodologies and equipments.
- Performs and analyzes tests and procedures and maintain records as per established KFSHRC Medical Laboratory Standards.
- Maintains quality control programs of the section and in the Quality Assurance programs of the department.
- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, or their blood group, blood type, or compatibility for transfusion purposes, using microscopic techniques.
- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine, or spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal or abnormal components.
- Cultivate, isolate, or assist in identifying microbial organisms or perform various tests on these microorganisms.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures.
- Performs manual and automated procedures in laboratory tests in different areas in Hematology, Blood Bank, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Microscopy, Parasitology, Microbiology, Serology and Immunology and Histopathology.
- Responsible for inventory of laboratory materials and reagents and placing orders.
- Responsible for providing high quality of service to patients in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures.