Merchandisers are responsible for purchasing, stocking, and tracking products to enhance the company’s sales and profits. Their duties include monitoring sales, making and changing the timeline of shipments, ordering products, restocking of products, changing out and organizing inventory, tracking inventory, and building relationships with producers and clients. To become a Merchandiser, you need a high school diploma/GED, driver’s license, and prior experience with merchandising or customer service/sales. Merchandisers must have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, multitasking, time management, teamwork, independent working, organizational skills, and tracking and analysis skills.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Merchandiser Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Merchandiser resumes for your reference.
- As a Nabisco merchandiser it is my job to take products from the backroom and stock them on the sales floor.
- Once in the aisle with the necessary products I am to move older products to the front and newer ones to the back.
- After completed, I am ensure the aisle holding Nabisco products are made presentable for guest.
- Responsible for transporting inventory from warehouses to retail locations for sales to the customer.
- This is completed through frequent visits to retail outlets, and requires the ability to lift, push and pull heavy loads on a repeated basis.
- It also requires the ability to bend over, reach above head and kneel frequently.
- Merchandiser are also responsible for building and maintaining product displays in retail stores.
- This includes not only keeping product levels appropriate but also maintaining advertising standards in certain locations throughout the store.
- Maintain and expand exiting accounts. Assist customers in completing credit applications.
- Process customer requests for billing and payment information.
- Research and resolve customer billing and payment issues.
- Use personal computer to input data, maintain client files and communicate with customers, management and supervisors.
- Process new items that come of the truck and push them out to the floor and organize and strighten the merchandiser so it looks prsentable for the customers when they come in to shop.
- Help customers with any inquires or items that needed to be found or picked up.
- I also help on the dock when the turcks come in.i usually unloaded them and help sort them to the designed area for the next day, for when the merchandiser arrive the next day to merch.
- I help loaded up the trucks by putting them on pallets and wrappring them and putting a labell on them so the D/C knows what it is when shipped out.
- I was in charge of restoring shelves that could be in and/or out of fridges that needed to be filled up with more of a particular product as it came in.
- Here, it was important to be quick, as there was always different loads arriving at different stores that had to be put away.
- Stocking up the backroom, keeping it organized so the people that were actually employed in the stores could easily get their hands on the product.
- Received merit badges for outstanding work ethic and performance.
- Communicated with vendors regarding quality assurance and ordering procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service and product knowledge to customers.
- Reset specified stocking sections to retailer provided Schematics or Shelf Strips.
- Set up advertising signs and displays on shelves, counters, tables and other specified locations.
- Correctly separate and identify back stock, discontinued and unallocated items in boxes, bins, and crates in location(s) identified by Team Lead.
- Push and pull heavy plant racks while frequently bending and lifting up to 40 lbs. of product.
- Efficiently merchandise plants from delivery racks to retail stock benches.
- Maintain quality plant inventory at store level – condense unsellable product, reposition product to constantly changing store needs, water product.
- Process fulfillments and achieve sales plan to ensure proper product placement.
- Marked stock items using tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when approach.
- Tasked with stocking an entire section with new product in a timely manner each morning.
- Using a pallet-jack and various tools to move heavy pallets of product into the appropriate places, straight, and aligned neatly, without assistance.
- Often times, asked to conduct as a supervisor and be responsible for floor coverage.
- When needed, have handled issues pertaining to RTV in the receiving end of the warehouse. This included,dealing with other companies’ product drop-offs and signing them in, as well as logging them into the computer promptly and orderly.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Design and set up advertising signs and displays of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- My duties were to perform daily department tasks including stocking, creating displays, re-merchandising, updating pricing and layout schematics, transfers, inventory control.
- I was involved in maintaining the sales floor, adjusting marketing presentation to meet sales objectives.
- Assisted and trained new associates, and helped deliver excellent customer service with floor sales and assisted with purchases.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.