These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Lifeguard resumes for your reference.
- Ensure swimmer safety, immediate rescue of swimmers in danger, and administer of first aid.
- Maintenance of pool cleanliness and maintenance of pool chemistry.
- Work as a team with fellow lifeguards in surveillance and rescue.
- I had to take classes prior to being a lifeguard that certified me to be able to perform safe rescue procedures and CPR.
- My primary responsibility was to be alert and attentive to the pool at all times .
- As a lifeguard other responsibilities included opening and closing the pool, cleaning maintenance, checking the pool chemicals ( chlorine and PH levels) and guarding private pool parties.
- Weekly in-service training involving real scenarios testing our knowledge and our reactions in a real situation.
- Extracting victims via backboard and working as a team in a group environment doing rescue breathing and CPR.
- Vigilance Awareness Tests (VAT’s) to make sure we were watching our water.
- Thorough knowledge of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Highly skilled in ensuring safety of individuals using pool facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to inspect swimming area and report any unsafe conditions.
- As a lifeguard for the City of Austin, my main responsibility was to ensure patron safety and protect lives.
- All lifeguards are expected to enforce rules and perform pool maintenance duties.
- Daily tasks included patron surveillance, routine safety checks, pool chlorine and pH maintenance, and assisting pool patrons.
- Typically work 10 hour shifts including lifeguarding during swim team practices which involve over 105 swimmers in a 21 lane competition pool.
- Developed excellent rapport with members and frequently requested to serve during special events.
- Recognized by the Aquatics Director for being a dedicated, trustworthy and energetic employee.
- Received ratings of 95%-98% on 4 consecutive annual performance reviews and earned maximum raise each year.
- Lifeguarding has been such a great experience as I make sure children are being careful around a slippery environment while allowing them to have a good time.
- I also administer first aid should there be an incident that requires medical attention.
- I am CPR, AED + First Aid certified along with an ARC Lifeguard Certification.
- I work alongside a team of guards to keep the pool safe for swimmers.
- Most of the time I watch the pool deck by myself because only one lifeguard is put on stand at a time.
- The work helps me make sure I keep a quick wit and pay close attention to detail.
- Controlling a pool has boosted my confidence and made me more attentive.
- I was responsible for watching over the pool and rides to ensure a safe environment.
- I also had to prevent and handle any aquatic emergencies.
- I was first-aid, CPR, and AED certified.
- I was also responsible for cleaning the pool deck and handle minor guest issues.
- Monitor 2 pools to ensure that swimmers do not exceed the allotted capacity.
- Rescue members that are in danger of drowning and assist swimming accidents.
- Monitor and record pool chemicals on an hourly basis they maintain their proper levels.
- Maintain continuous surveillance of people in swimming pools, lakes and oceans.
- Ensure appropriate headcount of people involved in a watersport on an hourly basis.
- Call out warnings to people who may have ventured too far or are in imminent danger.
- Provide safety information to people prior to them indulging in a water sport.
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
- Patrol or monitor recreational areas such as trails, slopes, and swimming areas, on foot, in vehicles, or from towers.
- Instruct participants in skiing, swimming, or other recreational activities and provide safety precaution information.