Janitors are responsible for maintaining and cleaning facilities. Job duties include cleaning, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, emptying wastebaskets, and performing building maintenance as needed. To work as a Janitor, you need a high school diploma or GED, and some places require at least 1-year experience. Janitors need to be self-motivated, hard-working, time-efficient, detail-oriented, organized, punctual, and have excellent customer service skills to be successful.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Janitor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Janitor resumes for your reference.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility: mopping, sweeping, dusting, cleaning of windows.
- Separate recyclables, disperse in compactor and maintain mechanics of compactor to assure machinery is working appropriately.
- Assist with additional cleaning services when instructed by management.
- Cleaning classrooms, offices, cafeterias and hallways.
- Making sure it was a suitable place for teachers, students, and faculty to teach, learn and work.
- Taking out trash, sweeping and mopping floors, dusting, and all around general cleaning.
- Cleaned building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mixed water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Conducted various Janitorial duties such as: Cleaning, Gathering and emptying trash, Sweeping, Mopping, scrubbing, waxing, buffing, polishing and vacuuming floors.
- Performed Inventory and Quality control of supplies and equipment.
- Made necessary requests of cleaning supplies and equipment for day to day operations.
- Communicated with Supervisors/Managers regarding any mishaps, repairs or related maintenance issues.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, windows and fixtures.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all area floors, rest rooms and break areas.
- Clean restrooms facilities and replenish supplies.
- Perform general cleaning, light floor care and special event set ups.
- Cleaned and sanitized restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets.
- Washed windows, mirrors and walls; cleaned and sanitized showers as assigned.
- Swept, vacuumed, mopped, waxed, stripped, and polished floors; vacuumed and shampooed carpets.
- Mopping the Hallways on my end of the building, with the main hallway done everyday in rotation with second janitor.
- Taking out trash from the resident’s rooms in rotation with second janitor (one janitor mopped the main hallway, while the other took out the trash)
- Cleaned the dining hall on my end of the building twice a day, as well as the back patio every morning.
- Full time janitor ensuring effective and timely completion of janitorial operations specific to the assigned areas.
- Provided carpet cleaning, vacuuming, floor care, trash removal and restroom cleaning for business offices.
- Removed all finger marks and smudges from vertical surfaces, including doors, door frames, around light switches, private entrances, glass and partitions.
- Followed directions from supervisors to adhere to a rotation schedule of assigned quadrants with co-workers as a team.
- Ability to work well with other crew members and able to take direction from supervisors.
- Carry out any and all additional tasks which are assigned by management.
- Demonstrated ability to observe all safety and personnel rules and regulations.
- Assisting skilled workers with projects, coordinating with tradesmen and supervisors to work efficiently.
- Installing system components, office equipment, facility components, lighting, plumbing, electrical panels.
- Performing a variety of maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, HVAC, etc) in order to complete.
- Manage carpet cleaning, vacuuming, floor care, trash removal and restroom cleaning for a hotel of 300+ rooms and 140+ customers per day.
- Trained 2 janitors successfully in all aspects of cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures, ensuring that they follow pre-set process for maximum efficiency and achieve high standards.
- Remove all finger marks and smudges from vertical surfaces, to include doors, door frames, around light switches, private entrance glass and partitions.
- Cleans and services restrooms. Sweeps, vacuums, and mops floors and stairways.
- Scrubs, strips, sanitizes, waxes, and buffs floors using powered machines equipped with rotating brushes.
- Maintains an inventory of cleaning and toiletry supplies.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.