Automobile Mechanics fix vehicles and perform maintenance on them. They run, inspect, test, clean, and maintain several parts of a vehicle. These include the engine, filters, oil, tires, wheel, windows, and paint job. For this job, a high school diploma is needed, as well as employer training, a certificate, or graduation from a Vocational Education Program. To be successful, one must be practical, resourceful, a problem-solver, knowledgeable of motor technology, have excellent diagnostic skills, be a team player, and have strong communication skills.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Auto Mechanic Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Auto Mechanic resumes for your reference.
- Preform diagnosis of suspension, some electrical, and cooling systems on different makes and model vehicles Such as ford, Chrysler, Honda, and Mazda.
- Complete removal and replacement of the following: alternators, starters, batteries, full exhaust systems, control arms, inner outer tie rods, shocks, sway bar linkage, radiators, wheel hubs, axles, and full brake job.
- Preform oil changes, radiator flushes, replacement of spark plugs, coil packs/spark plug wires.
- Worked on automobiles, trucks, and vans to diagnose problems with engines, transmissions, axles, brakes, and electrical systems.
- Repaired and installed manufacturers’ recommended parts and services.
- Provided basic maintenance such as: tune ups, oil change, changed A/T fluid, power steering fluid, spark plugs, air filters and wipers.
- Repaired and replaced brakes, tires, suspension, engines and transmission on domestic and foreign cars.
- Performed diagnostics tests- battery and charging system, used OBD2 system to diagnose engine problems.
- Repaired and serviced power equipment, construction equipment, recreational machines, diesel engines, industrial equipment, and heavy trucks.
- Installed, repaired, and modified many types of equipment such as air conditioners, water softeners, heat pumps, furnaces.
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions in all phases of auto repair.
- Road test vehicles, inspect and test mechanical units documenting results.
- Prepared customer repair invoices and handled customer service inquiries.
- Tools of the trade include air compressors; batteries; car batteries; torches; welding machines; tractors; lawnmowers.
- Highly skilled and dependable with hands-on experience and excellent training to perform service, diagnostics, and repairs on domestic and imported automobiles and trucks.
- Contribute to repeat and referral business through strong problem-solving skills and commitment to top-quality workmanship and excellent customer service.
- Expertise interpreting technical specifications; provide leadership to other mechanics to increase repair accuracy, minimize lost time, and ensure safety compliance.
- Participate in continuous training and professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of rapidly advancing automotive technologies.
- Developed lifelong skills in auto mechanics which include shop safety for all customers: working safely with tools making sure every customer has what they need to safely complete repairs. Founded Chick Auto Repair Inc., a Licensed Family Business for the past 30 years.
- Inspected vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, to repair, maintain and upgrade.
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
- Performed high quality and efficient repair services for various automotive systems, including engines, steering, suspension, brakes and air conditioning.
- Repaired, inspected, and maintained parts of all makes and models of cars. Revised sales system to include pricing for parts and labor.
- Developed customer satisfaction by installing a sound system in a customer car.
- Specialized in repair of automatic and manual transmissions as well as repair, realignment, and replacement of brake systems.
- Assisted lead mechanics with diagnosis and repair of all units and systems.
- Maintained constant dedication to quality, maximized accuracy, and ensured jobs were completed correctly the first time.
- Displayed solid commitment and loyalty to the company, often working overtime as needed.
- Successfully completed the GM Technician Training Program and successfully completed the Ford ASE Certification Program, certifying me to work on a large range of vehicles.
- Determine the most plausible ways of handling vehicle problems and provide supervisors with recommendations.
- Fit and operate special test equipment to diagnose, service, or repair components.
- Repair or replace worn out or faulty parts in a timely manner according to Original Equipment Manufacturing standards.
- Repair, replace reassemble or reinstall parts and components, and test them to ensure that they are in proper working order.
- Installed on a daily basis, maintained complete documentation of service, and completed the required paperwork for repairs in a timely manner.
- Performed thorough diagnoses, estimates and installations of automotive products and services on all major makes and models of automobiles.
- Repair to specifications: brake and hydraulic systems, exhaust systems, air conditioning, steering and suspension systems, maintenance services, tires, and wheel alignment.
- Adequately explain mechanical diagnoses, causes, and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals, including customers, advisors, salesmen and other mechanics.
- Outstanding quality standards; effectively completed annual preventative maintenance to ensure safe engine operation.
- Honored by “Top 50 Best Employees” for work excellence, moral integrity, and organization.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles.
- Completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing.
- Complete work specified in the manufacturer’s service schedules.
- Complete simple servicing tasks, such as changing filters or checking lubricant levels.
- Won award from the company for outstanding customer service provided during the previous three years of employment.
- Repair or replace worn parts, such as brake pads and wheel bearings.
- Performed basic care and maintenance, including changing oil, giving tuneups, checking fluid levels, and rotating tires.
- Diagnose vehicles based on observational and mechanical testing as well as information provided by the customer.
- Fixed, maintained, and installed auto engines, transmissions, and braking systems.
- Familiar with diverse vehicles including older model cars.
- Carrying out inspections of completed repairs to ensure that the vehicle is safe to be driven.
- Experienced of working on Gasoline Engines, Diesel Engines, brakes, suspension, steering, electronic system, heating air conditioning systems.
- Experienced operating all types of vehicles and transportation equipment.
- Completed routine and preventative maintenance on most models and makes of cars and trucks.
- Researched engine repair procedures and recommended repairs to other mechanics in the shop.
- Responsible for providing quality service by performing a variety of automotive services.
- Use electronic test equipment to locate and correct malfunctions in fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems.
- Repair and replace defective ball joint suspensions, brakes shoes, and wheel bearings.
- Performs diagnostic services through proficient use of electronic test equipment.
- Repaired cassette players, CD players, lights, brakes, suspensions, oil filters, transmissions, and electrical systems for popular makes of cars.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.