General maintenance workers maintain facilities and machinery. They clean buildings, replace lightbulbs, paint, mow grass, remove snow and ice, and repair damaged building features like bathroom fixtures, signs, electrical outlets, doors, drywall, and floors. This position typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. They must be friendly, dexterous, capable of identifying and solving problems, comfortable working with a variety of tools, comfortable working in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, and comfortable working in adverse weather conditions.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best General Maintenance Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real General Maintenance Worker resumes for your reference.
General Maintenance Worker
- Repaired and maintained physical structures of commercial and industrial establishments, such as factories, office buildings and apartment construction.
- Painted structures and repaired specialized equipment and machinery found in cafeterias, laundries, hospitals, stores, offices and factories.
- Painted structures and repaired woodwork with carpenter’s tools.
- Aligned and balanced new equipment after installation.
- Ordered parts, supplies and equipment from catalogs and suppliers and obtained them from storerooms.
- Disposed of trash in and around property and Emptied Trash Container on the property using property compacter.
- Responsible for basic Building Repairs and lifted heavy objects as needed.
- Cleaned apartment units in preparation for new tenants.
- Provided overall assistance to permanent maintenance staff as assigned.
- Performed general maintenance work on residential & commercial properties in the greater Portland, OR area.
- Empty trash receptacles and ensure that they are cleaned properly from the inside.
- Sweep and mop rooms, bathrooms, corridors, and waiting areas as well as disinfect surfaces such as floors and counters periodically.
- Erect warning signs in all areas to warn of slippery surfaces.
- Perm work according to standard procedures and by the building’s operational schedule.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Inspected premises to assess and identify work to be done.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment.
- Mix detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions.
- Clean and disinfect furniture, fixtures, equipment in offices, hallways, elevators, stairways, and other work areas ensuring health standards are met.
- Spearheaded revitalization of a foreclosed property by coordinating schedule, budget, and crew for repairs and improvements.
- Performed Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Related to Heating and Cooling Systems, Plumbing, Gas, Sewage, and Electrical Equipment.
- Handle Work Orders Related to Both Facility and Resident Rooms.
- Daily Inventory and Distribution of Oxygen Canisters.
- Keep an Current Inventory of Stock Materials and Ordered Equipment and Supplies.
- Handle Calls for Emergency Repair and Preventive Maintenance After Normal Business Hours.
- Keeping areas clear and neat from all unwanted objects.
- Ensuring that the buildings, including garage and surrounding areas are kept clean and presentable.
- Keeps logs of regularly completed work as well as special assignments.
- Makes basic plumbing, electric repairs including apartment locks, toilet bowls, kitchen sink, pipes, and faucets.
- Answered customer requests related to service and product suggestions; preserved a 95% response rating.
- Provided park patrons with directions and answer questions about parks activities.
- Performed exterior maintenance duties throughout assigned park and playgrounds.
- Sanitize restroom, sweep and mop public areas as necessary.
- Established a new business records database on an existing computer system.
- Turned daily maintenance jobs into long-term preventative solutions.
- Waxing, buffing, mopping floors to provide a clean and conducive learning environment for students.
- Ensure proper disposal of trash and recyclable items based on sanitation regulations.
- Responsible for setting up and breaking down of school-wide and community events.
- Observed and self-diagnosed problems.
- Discovered components and causes of recurring issues, minimized downtime with timely repairs and replacements.
- Worked with the maintenance group to make sure all the grounds of the school were kept in good condition.
- Directed traffic in the mornings and afternoons for when kids were picked up and dropped off.
- Used machinery to cut grass as well as plow snow.
- Performed many custodial tasks such as vacuuming, taking out the trash, and cleaning up the classrooms.
- Worked with other trades to coordinate projects; installed new electrical services, piping, and life safety systems in less than eight hours.
General Maintenance Worker
- Maintained routine maintenance on pumps and motors ensuring all equipment was up to date with preventive maintenance on both Ethylene and Propylene units.
- Assisted Millwright with ensuring all assembly and disassembly of pumps and motors was properly done, meeting all requirements from confirming proper clearances and confirming proper alignment with rotation of pumps and motors.
- Assisted I&E technician with installation of tubing, some conduit and transmitter equipment, as well as, inspecting faulty equipment along with doing preventive maintenance monthly and quarterly calibrations on pneumatic and electronic equipment.
- Addressed a malfunctioning machine that failed to deliver the correct nutrition to patients and earned a letter of commendation for my efforts.
- Oversaw the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of multiple buildings on college campuses.
- Maintain all city grounds designated by the mowing crew superintendent.
- Areas include, parks, overpasses, shops, city hall, police and fire stations.
- Duties include use of a zero turn mower, weed eater, edger, chainsaw, and blower.
- Leadership experience in running and maintaining a mowing crew.
- Knowledge of all city and state safety policies in the workplace.
- Cleans District buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Upgraded and monitored robot equipment in the warehouse to optimize efficiency.
- Maintained inventory records for supplies.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.