These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Computer Technician resumes for your reference.
- Monitoring directories for files that need to be transferred to other systems.
- Provides technical support as required in data management, document control, computer support, project control, and other related areas.
- Work with other technical teams to develop solutions and resolve issues during integration.
- Repaired computer screens and panels by taking them apart and ordering new components.
- Updated computer systems by downloading and installing new updated software.
- Changed hard drives when needed by opening the system and replacing the hard drive.
- Advised and helped customers as needed on a case-by-case basis.
- Resolved product inquiries by interacting with different store locations via multi-line telephone and POS systems.
- Merchandised products and styled clients based on verbalized preference and display.
- Volunteered for workshops designed to improve client relations for business growth.
- Assessed and resolved transaction errors and inquiries via online resolution program.
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions to repair/remove spyware, malware, and other harmful PC viruses.
- Providing one on one tutorials and consultations to patrons who need additional assistance with new software.
- Cosmetic PC repair i.e.: replacing broken screens, and keyboard maintenance.
- Carried out repairs and replacement of damaged mobile devices and computer equipment.
- Recommended and sold IT products and services to clients based on their computing needs.
- Provided standby assistance on PC and mobile devices related problems to end users as may be required.
- Correct computer and printer problems; and install systems’ software.
- Rebuild damaged computers, format hard drives, and load operating systems; upgrading computers, replacing damaged disks, hook-up Internet; customized system design and web design.
- Provide telephone technical support to customers.
- Comfortable with diagnosing and repair both systems, whether it be a sever, desktop, laptop or tablet.
- Use terminal server, PC Anywhere, or internet based remote log in servers (Citrix) to assist clients from remote locations.
- Extremely comfortable setting up PDA’s, Smart Phones, and any other devices connecting syncing up with a clients computer.
- Responsible for responding to request for technical assistance via phone and/or electronically.
- Provided incident and problem management for all issues reported to the help desk by creating, updating, and managing request.
- Responsible for installing, connecting, configuring, diagnosing, troubleshooting, updating, & repairing desktop/ laptop PCs, BlackBerries, and other peripherls (printers & scanners).
- Answered user inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation.
- Install and performed repairs to hardware, software and peripheral equipment, following design and installation specifications.
- Conducted computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and provide technical assistance and support.
- Analyzed network packet information and computer OS system data to identify and characterize anomalies on networks.
- Devises innovative strategies to Resolve computer hardware and software, printing, installation, and operating systems issues.
- Traveled up to 50 miles to meet customers on location to handle hardware and software issues.
- Restored data, operating systems, files, documents and drivers using cloning software & manually.
- Built Computers for clients from scratch according to their individual budget.
- I utilize my knowledge of network and software solutions to assist in computer issues.
- Specialties include: software updates, hardware issues, hard drive recovery, hardware upgrades, file management and organization, and initializing cloud based back up storage.
- Being savvy with different PC hardware, and using best safe practices when dealing with opening and working on a customer’s unit was imperative.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve user issues concerning: computer software, hardware, and newly implemented technology; communicates solutions to end-users.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for computer (PC) software.
- Set up, tag, test, deliver, and assist in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and supplemental programs.
- Diagnose and resolve end-user network issues: Including: network printers, Software, e-mail, Internet connection, and local-area network access problems.