Computer technicians maintain IT systems and troubleshoot hardware and software issues. This is done by identifying problems with computer systems and internet connectivity, eliminating viruses and malware, performing diagnostic tests, setting up PCs and wireless equipment and offering technical support to clients. A degree in computer science is preferred. Computer technicians are service-oriented with good time management, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, technical and communication skills.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Computer Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Computer Technician resumes for your reference.
- Monitoring directories for files that need to be transferred to other systems.
- Provides technical support as required in data management, document control, computer support, project control, and other related areas.
- Worked with other technical teams to develop solutions and resolve issues during integration.
- Diagnosed and repaired software problems at work.
- Repaired faulty equipment.
- Repaired computer screens and panels by taking them apart and ordering new components.
- Updated computer systems by downloading and installing new updated software.
- Changed hard drives when needed by opening the system and replacing the hard drive.
- Advised and helped customers as needed on a case-by-case basis.
- Installed, tested, and maintained computer systems and networks.
- Resolved product inquiries by interacting with different store locations via multi-line telephone and POS systems.
- Merchandised products and styled clients based on verbalized preference and display.
- Volunteered for workshops designed to improve client relations for business growth.
- Assessed and resolved transaction errors and inquiries via online resolution program.
- Contracted to out-source computer support to a local company.
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions to repair/remove spyware, malware, and other harmful PC viruses.
- Providing one on one tutorials and consultations to patrons who need additional assistance with new software.
- Cosmetic PC repair i.e.: replacing broken screens, and keyboard maintenance.
- Eliminated viruses, spyware, and malware from thousands of computers across the United States and Canada.
- Maintained compact drives and made repairs to printers and PCs. Installed new motherboards, chipsets, cooling fans, SSDs, and memory for North America’s largest computer reseller.
- Carried out repairs and replacement of damaged mobile devices and computer equipment.
- Recommended and sold IT products and services to clients based on their computing needs.
- Provided standby assistance on PC and mobile devices related problems to end users as may be required.
- Received lifetime membership recognition for outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Repair; showed appreciation for peers by volunteering time to mentor younger technicians.
- Achieved outstanding performance award; effectively handled the details of equipment installation and repair while minimizing downtime for clients.
- Correct computer and printer problems; and install systems’ software.
- Rebuild damaged computers, format hard drives, and load operating systems; upgrading computers, replacing damaged disks, hook-up Internet; customized system design and web design.
- Provided telephone technical support to customers.
- Responsible for providing exceptional technical support and superior service to clients and co-workers.
- Encouraged the development of creative solutions for new equipment installation.
- Comfortable with diagnosing and repair both systems, whether it be a sever, desktop, laptop or tablet.
- Use terminal server, PC Anywhere, or internet based remote log in servers (Citrix) to assist clients from remote locations.
- Extremely comfortable setting up PDAâ€™s, Smart Phones, and any other devices connecting syncing up with a clients computer.
- Advised management on cost-saving suggestions to increase profitability.
- Utilized exceptional customer service skills when resolving billing, repair, and installation problems for clients.
- Responsible for responding to request for technical assistance via phone and/or electronically.
- Provided incident and problem management for all issues reported to the help desk by creating, updating, and managing request.
- Responsible for installing, connecting, configuring, diagnosing, troubleshooting, updating, & repairing desktop/ laptop PCs, BlackBerries, and other peripherls (printers & scanners).
- Restored system performance to pre-crash levels with data backup, reinstalling of the system software, and configuration.
- Installed sixteen new workstations in a matter of hours. Recommended software upgrades by installing the latest operating systems including Windows 7 and 8, Microsoft Office 2008 and 2010, as well as server upgrades to SQL Server 2008.
- Answered user inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation.
- Install and performed repairs to hardware, software and peripheral equipment, following design and installation specifications.
- Conducted computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and provide technical assistance and support.
- Analyzed network packet information and computer OS system data to identify and characterize anomalies on networks.
- Researched user issues within a network; assisted users in solving problems with their devices using remote access services.
- Devises innovative strategies to Resolve computer hardware and software, printing, installation, and operating systems issues.
- Traveled up to 50 miles to meet customers on location to handle hardware and software issues.
- Restored data, operating systems, files, documents and drivers using cloning software & manually.
- Built Computers for clients from scratch according to their individual budget.
- Often repaired computers and/or networked hardware within an office environment.
- I utilize my knowledge of network and software solutions to assist in computer issues.
- Specialties include: software updates, hardware issues, hard drive recovery, hardware upgrades, file management and organization, and initializing cloud based back up storage.
- Being savvy with different PC hardware, and using best safe practices when dealing with opening and working on a customer’s unit was imperative.
- Helped computer departments run smoothly by being equipped with the most current software, hardware, and equipment.
- Installed new computers, printers, peripherals, and network systems in office environments.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve user issues concerning: computer software, hardware, and newly implemented technology; communicates solutions to end-users.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for computer (PC) software.
- Set up, tag, test, deliver, and assist in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and supplemental programs.
- Diagnose and resolve end-user network issues: Including: network printers, Software, e-mail, Internet connection, and local-area network access problems.
- Developed and implemented overclocking procedures for high-end CPUs; decreased time to upgrade by 35%.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.