Information Technology Technicians provide technical support in a variety of ways. Their duties include diagnosing computer problems, installing software, setting up workstations, ensuring security and privacy of networks, performing troubleshooting procedures and placing orders for required IT equipment. To work as an IT Technician you typically require some certifications such as A+, Linux+, Cisco Certified Network Associate etc and others pursue degrees in computer science or information technology. IT Technicians must demonstrate organization, management, problem-solving, motivation, time management skills, knowledge of internet security, computer systems and networks.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best IT Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Technician resumes for your reference.
- Troubleshoot install and configure desktop, laptop and server hardware and peripherals such as monitors, printers, disk drives, and scanners.
- Upgrade hardware such as monitors, graphic cards, ram, hard drives, mouse, keyboards.
- Setup, install and maintain audio and video equipment needed for meetings, conferences and trainings.
- Established, managed, and operated the technical infrastructure of a $20 billion software company.
- Computed and enciphered software code for export.
- Assisted in the installation and updating of software, as well as the setup and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Oversaw the investigation and resolution of hardware and software issues both remotely and hands on.
- Provided basic training to staff in the use and implementation of computer equipment and automated systems.
- Authored an automation tool that restyles HTML to comply with government standards.
- Compiled and implemented a business continuity plan that included backups at alternate sites and disaster recovery methods.
- Diagnose and resolve a multitude of computer related issues related to desktop or laptop hardware.
- Maintain physical cable integrity from switches and routers to offices and other physical end points.
- Communicate daily with department heads about issues impacting their functions.
- Provided quality resolutions to issues on order to prevent further breakdown.
- Reviewed, reorganized, and updated policies to reduce information security threats in accordance with industry standards.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware/software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Prepared reports for KPI’s of hardware assets, ticket metrics and problem/incident management.
- Receive and respond to submitted support tickets, incoming calls, and e-mails regarding desktop problems.
- Participate in developing guidelines and procedures, and maintaining documentation of networking issues.
- Raised level of product quality after reducing defects by implementing new defect-tracking software on the development team.
- Performed installations for telephone, internet, digital cable and home security systems.
- Performed service changes for residential and commercial customers.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of equipment and product services in order to educate and answer customer questions.
- Performed skilled troubleshooting from the MDF to the demarcation point including CPE.
- Rescued company server from inoperable status by installing and configuring hardware and software to eliminate corruption in the database and to re-establish accurate system capacity.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software issues in an austere environment and work with COMMS technicians to remedy issues.
- Maintain the GATES System; troubleshooting GATES issues, creating accounts, and performing site revalidations as required.
- Managed user accounts of all contractor personnel for various government applications, quality check and submit completed packages for access requests to the government.
- Maintain accountability of all hardware and work with government to replace hardware as needed and coordinate the disposition of unserviceable or unused hardware.
- Troubleshoot software problems on numerous network platforms, including HP, Compaq, Dell, IBM, and Toshiba.
- Troubleshoot computer related issues for small computer repair business.
- Diagnose hardware issues with laptops, desktop computers, and printers.
- Answer phones and assisted with setting service call appointments, help walk in customers to diagnose computer and printer related issues and prepare work orders to preform repairs.
- Install new parts when old components fail, Perform customer data backups before scanning for malware and viruses and preparing Windows OS reinstallation.
- Comprehended hardware failures; installed new hard disk drives and other components to limit downtime.
- Managed end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations through Active Directory.
- Managed workload using ticketing system, making detailed documentation regarding steps taken and resolution.
- Maintained documentation of network systems utilization and deployments.
- Delivered consistent, exceptional customer service via telephone, remote sessions, and email.
- Managed switch port connections to disable unneeded ports and ensure customers are on the correct subnet.
- Responsible for maintenance and management of multiple customer environments.
- Created and deploy custom IT solutions including single and mirrored domain controllers, RAID configured file servers and print servers.
- Deployment of physical, Onsite virtual Servers. Setup and manage Active Directory and group policies.
- Resolved customer service issues via knowledgeable use of telephone support services.
- Displayed dedication to the company that led to increased sales by effectively demonstrating product features that enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Installed and configured physical Windows servers, as well as Virtualization solutions such as VMware Workstation Pro and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Created and maintained file/folder sharing and security, email accounts, distribution groups.
- Planned, scheduled and implemented network hardware and software maintenance and upgrades.
- Performed monthly checks of clients’ servers and firewalls, resolving issues and installing necessary updates, patches, drivers or firmware.
- Delivered more than 100 hours of IT technical support every month.
- Train establishment personnel in technology use, utilizing knowledge of computers and peripherals.
- Resolve issues related to windows, network connectivity, as well as problems associated with software and hardware errors.
- Install software applications, hardware peripherals and devices, update software and hardware drivers as needed, upgrade computers.
- Respected, achieved, and maintained this IT position by stressing individual achievement while serving others.
- While operating in a team environment, completed multiple projects, tasks, and assignments.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing wired and wireless network systems, computers and mobile devices.
- Setup and manage IP phone systems, Windows 7/10/2008/2012 servers, computers, printers and laptops.
- Administer Active Directory domains and Group Policy Objects on Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Document proposals for IT solutions and upgrades and collaborate on optimal network design and connectivity with clients.
- Adhered to company policies and procedures to produce high-quality results.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.