These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Informatica resumes for your reference.
- Working with business analysts to gather business requirements and implementing the same into a functional data warehouse design.
- Worked with Power centre designer tool in developing mappings and mapplets to extract and load data from flat files and oracle to oracle.
- Developed complex mappings in Informatica to load data various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, lookup (connected and unconnected) Expression, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, joiner, filter.
- Involved in requirement gathering and developed design for the integration of Cansys with PDCS system.
- Created technical design document and Source to Target mapping document as per the design.
- Extracted data from flat files, oracle database and staged into a single place and applied business logic to load them in the central oracle database.
- Used Informatica Power Centre 9.6 for extraction, transformation and load (ETL) of data in the data warehouse.
- Examined the workflow log files and assigning the ticket to the Informatica support based on the error.
- Identified and fixed the Bottle Necks and tuned the Mappings and Sessions for improving performance.
- Designed and developed ETL Mappings to extract data from flat files, MS Excel and Oracle to load the data into the target database.
- Supported migration of ETL code from development to QA and QA to production environments.
- Created mapping and mapplets using various transformations like Joiner, Filter, Aggregator, Lookup, Application Source Qualifier, Router, Sorter, Rank, Normalizer and Update Strategy.
- Identified and resolved performance issues in Informatica Power Center mappings and workflows.
- Developed the Technical Specifications based on the Functional Specification understanding the business rules and requirements.
- Designed and implemented complex data transformation mappings using Informatica Power Center.
- Install and Configure High Availability (HA) for Domain, Repository Service and Integration Service.
- Creating Users, Groups, Roles and grant privileges to the users. Create folders, Relational and Application connections and configure the ODBC connectivity.
- Participated in team meetings and proposed ETL Strategy and provide them best practices.
- Involved in implementing the Land Process of loading the customer Data Set into Informatica MDM from various source systems.
- Enrollment and Maintenance EDI data from employer groups to various health insurance payer.
- Working closely with the client on planning and brainstorming to migrate the current RDBMS to Hadoop.
- Migration of informatica jobs to Hadoop sqoop jobs and load into oracle database.
- Developed and tested all the backend programs, Informatica mappings and update processes.
- Extracted data from our cloud sources (Hive HUE) . HDFS system would dump the files into our cloud known as kafka que which is called as Hive Prod HUE.
- Used Hue version- 2.6.1-2 Web interface to query the data.
- Used Aginitiy AMP to generate Natural keys by the combination of multiple foreign keys.
- Interacted with data modeler and business analyst to understand the requirement and the impact of the ETL on the business.
- Developed ETL design documents to develop mappings. Also prepared strategy to load historical and incremental loading of the mapping.
- Designed and developed complex ETL mapping for type-1 and type-2 dimensions and complex fact tables.
- Involved with business to gather requirements for building data warehouse, reports etc.
- Developed several Informatica mappings and mapplets to extract data from various sources such as flat files, database etc., and load the data into Data Warehouse using various transformations & reusable transformations like source qualifier, joiner, rank, update strategy, expression, union, sort, lookup, sequence generator, and router transformation etc.
- Scheduled Sessions and Batches on InformaticaServer using Server Manager.
- Performed SQL tunning and Informatica mappings to improve the performance of the jobs to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Understanding the SQL Stored Procedures and implement the same into a functional database design.
- Implemented the all subject areas into the data marts to generate the reports and build dash boards on it.
- Used all major ETL transformations to load the tables through Informatica mappings.
- Implemented Cursors into the stored procedures for frequent commits to avoid large data loading failures.
- Participated in business requirements analysis, gap analysis, data mapping, data modeling and creating design documents.
- Utilized the Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 8.6 8.6) application and performs data profiling necessary to resolve issues uncovered and related to source data.
- Applied Business rules that identify the relationships among the data using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 8.6 8.6).
- Modified existing Informatica Data Quality (IDQ 8.6 8.6) Workflows to integrate the business rules to certify the quality of the Data.
- Performance tuning to decrease the load time by 60 % by using partitioning and optimization techniques.
- Newly developed mapping are giving desired result as per customer expectation.
- With newly designed process reduced data load time from 7 Hours to 2 Hours.
- Created shell scripts for automation of file transfers, decoding files and scheduling the workflow runs.