These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real ETL tester resumes for your reference.
- Ensured data integrity and verified all data modifications and calculations during database migration using Informatica.
- Design and execute the test cases on the application as per company standards.
- Preventing occurrences of multiple runs by flagging processed dates.
- Analyzed test results, generate test reports, file bugs and follow up on resolution with development.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of Informatica mappings.
- Involved in Gathering requirements from Business Analysts and preparation of test scenarios and Test cases.
- Used Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.0.1 as an ETL Tool for extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data into the Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for testing Business Reports by running the SQL Queries on the database by reviewing the report requirement documentation.
- Validated the Business Objects reports to ensure the quality of data being presented to the clients and did the regression testing for various scenarios on Designer, DeskI, QaaWS, Rich Client and Webi on BO XI 3.1 SP6.
- Good experience in onsite model work. Schedule and Co-ordinate testing tasks in QC.
- Organize defect triage calls Development and Business team to resolve outstanding issues.
- Gathering detailed business requirements and Technical requirements.
- Analyzing and solving problems for change requests/ Enhancements.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports and prepared Weekly Status Reports.
- Prepared Test Plan based on Stakeholder Requirements, Solution Specifications and Test Strategy documents.
- Documented test cases in Quality Center with pre-conditions, post-conditions, validations etc.
- Progression testing involving Software testing including application security and vulnerabilities.
- Interacting with Business Analysts and Development teams to understand the business requirements and giving the estimates from testing prospectus.
- Involved in prioritizing the requirements according to business needs and putting all the requirements in QC.
- Tested the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae etc.
- Rational Clear Quest Test cases loading and writing Test Plan and executing Test Cases and printing status report for the team meetings.
- Worked with the co-testers closely in determining both medium and high severity defects, that would potentially affect the downstream systems before the release of the project.
- Involved in Integrating and Functional System Testing for the entire Data Warehousing Application.
- Review and understand the technical and functional specs for business logic and requirement.
- Understand the business intelligence of data warehousing environments and the data flow from the source systems to the target systems.
- Develop test strategies and approaches that align with business users.
- Work with the Development team to ensure feasibility of design and clarify user requirements.
- Analyzed the existing system and process gaps in context of new conversion of Flagstar and RBCB bank changes.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME’s, Business users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Participated in peer review meeting for created Test plan, test cases and analyzing various testing documents and process of testing life cycle.
- Prepared test cases in Test Plan tab execute in Test Lab and logged defects using Application Management Life Cycle QC 11.
- Review Business requirement for different Specialty center modules and provide Test estimation project management.
- Analysis of Business requirements & Design Specification Document to determine the functionality of the ETL Processes.
- Developed Test Cases for Deployment Verification, ETL Data Validation, Cube Testing and Report testing.
- Worked on data modeling including data validation/scrubbing, data masking, data archiving and operational assumptions.
- Analyzed the Business and User requirements and Participated in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and Functional/Regression testing.
- Reviewed project documentation, business requirements to prepare detailed test schedules and plans.
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance testing of an application.
- Created test case scenarios, executed test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems.
- Developed and executed various manual testing scenarios and exceptionally documented the process to perform functional testing of the application.
- Managed multiple OLAP and ETL projects for various testing needs.
- Debugging the SQL-Statements and stored procedures for various business scenarios.
- Written Test Scripts based on the Business requirements and executed Functional testing and data validation, data reconciliation with defect correction and retesting, followed by regression and performance testing.
- Involved in gathering and analyzing the user requirements in coordination with Business.
- Identified the Facts, Dimensions, and grain of the Dimensional mode, and referential joins.
- Performed Unit, Integration, and Regression testing to validate report and mapping functionality.