These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real General Contractor resumes for your reference.
- Assist with variety of masonry tasks which include installation and finishing of concrete block, brick and sidewalk.
- Unload raw materials at job site and arrange according to plan.
- Keep work site clean and organized; free of debris and safety hazards.
- Provide complete administrative support to company President, as well as Vice President of Finance.
- Conduct all office accounting, including accounts payable and receivable, and payroll.
- Reconcile business accounts and maintain thorough recordkeeping.
- Document client projects, from bid proposals, to purchase orders, change orders, and invoices.
- Analyzed incoming invoices of up to $1 million, ensuring accuracy, completeness and proper payment of all vendors and subsidiaries using Sage Timberline.
- Customized several spreadsheets to help improve productivity and accuracy of accounting documents.
- Processed weekly payroll for subsidiary employees to make sure all documentation were in accordance with SCA guidelines.
- Work periodically with the bookkeeper to ensure the accurate maintenance and balancing of accounting records.
- Oversee project phases including design development, construction documentation, construction, punch list and closeout.
- Establish work scope, procedures and goals and ensure communicate said goals to consultants, contractors and client vendors.
- Utilize appropriate reporting controls to track and communicate status of project budget and schedule.
- Installation, repair and construction of windows, doors, cabinets, furniture, shelves, etc.
- Planned work using blueprints, drawings, sketches, space measurements and layouts.
- Using latest tools to evaluate project scales, finish time and informing project managers when there are conflicts.
- Comfortable with process for material requisition and preparing reports on use of raw materials.
- Negotiate per item price and ensure that total costs of materials and equipment falls within the given budget.
- Oversee work duties to ensure compliance with master plan and safety requirements.
- Explain the purpose of each project module and clients’ requirements to workers to ensure work conformity.
- Ascertain that all construction workers (masons, electricians, carpenters, architects and engineers) are working in sync with each other.
- Handle general maintenance and repairs of company-owned machinery and tools.
- Interface with customers, at times serving as a bilingual liaison between clients and other contractors.
- Ability to multitask on various simultaneous projects include “odd jobs” such as minor electrical fixes, building showroom displays and transfer/storage of furniture and warehouse supplies.
- Actively pursue and acquire new customers through networking and centers of influence.
- Generate project estimates which include; time, materials, labor costs and job overhead for residential and commercial spaces.
- Skilled in performing kitchen and bathroom renovations, exterior makeovers and maintenance for large commercial and residential spaces, roof replacement and repair, removal and replacement of concrete sidewalks, driveways, and patios, and sheet rock and plaster repair.
- Conducted weekly production and operations contractor meetings, which facilitated stronger communication and the ability to resolve critical issues.
- Led a variety of projects from start to finish, including garages, residential homes and additions.
- Constructed safety provisions, including scaffolding, gang ladders, perimeter railings, fall protection and Temporary covers.
- Understand current situations, predict probable course of action and then develop alternative support strategies.
- Engineer property infrastructure so that buildings are able to have electrical power, city water, and septic services.
- Schedule and maintain communication with various subcontractors and ensure each phase of the project is completed on-time and on budget.
- Performed property preservation duties on bank foreclosed properties including things such as debris removal, make ready, landscaping, and general repairs.
- Also worked for national single family rental companies performing everything from rental turnovers to full rehabs.
- I am well versed in all aspects of home repairs and have a thorough understanding of what’s required to get them into rent ready condition.
- Remodeled commercial and residential properties per customers’ requests.
- Read blueprints to ensure proper location, size and shape specifications.
- Provided room addition, painting, siding, fencing, flooring, plumbing, make ready, and electrical services.
- Measured materials and length and width of areas utilizing squares, saws, and hand and power tools.