These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Executive Chef resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for supervision & management of upscale kitchen operations that does $4.1 million in annual revenue.
- Responsible for scheduling of 20+ BOH staff while managing an 8.7% labor cost YTD.
- Ensure recipes and specs are followed through hands on training with staff.
- Responsible for creation of “Fresh Sheet” menus, creating a menu based off of local ingredients and sustainable seafood while maintaining budgeted food cost.
- Redesigned kitchens and storage areas to improve efficiencies, overall organization and cost controls.
- Lowered and maintained budget goals for food and labor by Implementing order guides, inventory controls and running a clean and organized kitchen.
- Hotel achieved its best ever guest satisfaction scores, employee engagement scores (for both culinary and stewarding) as well as passing every health and quality assurance inspection with improved scores.
- Achieved reduced food and labor costs to within budgetary requirements with complete redesign of menus at 2 separate establishments.
- Manage costs and spending as well as inventory, ordering, staff scheduling and training, and menu development at each restaurant concurrently.
- Successfully slashed food cast from 25% to 18%, reduced inventory from $65K to $40K, and cut labor costs from 22% to 12% through effective use of time and systems.
- Consistently kept a clean and safe environment by adhering to all federal, state, and local sanitation and safety requirements.
- Developed menu items to reflect current trends and local taste for restaurants and banquets.
- Implemented a recipe procedure for each new menu change.
- Developed menu selections for special parties and banquet themes in accordance with client budgets and expectations.
- Lowered food costs by 15%, meanwhile reducing labor cost by being fully involved in the kitchen.
- Standardized all purchasing, receiving, and organized inventory procedures.
- Achieved the reduction of costs through implementing weekly inventory counts, as well as overhauling all previous menus.
- Oversaw and executed menu development, purchasing, chef’s features, scheduling, ordering and budgeting.
- Created and implemented detailed recipe books and Mise en Place lists to ensure consistency and quality on a daily basis.
- Actively participated in staff meetings and operated as an effective management team leader.
- Reduced food costs by 33% percent by expertly estimating purchasing needs and buying through approved suppliers.
- Expertly estimated staffing needs and adjusted hourly schedules in accordance with demand patterns, budget and local labor laws.
- Collaborated closely with the Food and Beverage Director to conduct staff meetings and resolve service, product and personnel issues.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition as well as purchase needed food items.
- Exhibit culinary creativity by developing recipes, or carefully selecting them.
- Oversee special catering events, while also offering culinary instruction and/or demonstrating culinary technique.
- Directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
- Responsible for the supervision and mentoring of one executive sous chef, six Sous Chefs and 45 hourly employees.
- Create and implement menus in all outlets, developed three successful restaurants within hotel.
- Conduct product selection, purchasing controls, inventory management to maintain 29% food cost and 11% labor cost.
- Have met or exceeded budget successsfully every year taking a food and beverage operation that delivered 13% profit to 30% in less than 2 years while growing top line sales by 20%.
- Develop culinary team members through appropriate coaching, training and mentoring.
- Maintain compliance standards for meal service food quality and task performance.
- Perform daily audits of safety, sanitation, food quality, meal delivery point of service and quality standards to optimize financial and operational productivity.
- Oversee managers in a diverse environment and establish maintain client and resident relations.
- Reduced food costs by 10 percent by using seasonal ingredients, setting standards for portion size and minimizing waste.
- Managed kitchen staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, supervising, evaluating and enforcing discipline when necessary.
- Developed menus, pricing and special food offerings to increase revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Instructed new staff in proper food preparation, food storage, use of kitchen equipment and utensils, sanitation and safety issues.
- Built, executed, and maintained restaurant concept and business model in collaboration with owners, from preliminary stage to multi-location expansion.
- Designed seasonal and daily menus for both locations, including private parties, ticketed events, and restaurant buyouts.
- Hired, trained, and managed a staff of 40 employees across two locations.