Dietary Aides make sure the residents of a nursing home (or other kind of home) receive the food that meets their specific dietary needs. Duties include preparing meals that are exactly what each resident requires, serving the meals and drinks, cleaning dining room, washing dishes and resetting the dining room. Education required is a high school diploma or equivalent. Skills needed are patience, stamina, ability to set priorities under stress, self-starter, good attendance, attention to detail.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Dietary Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Dietary Aide resumes for your reference.
- Working as a dietary aide I was able to be amongst a staff group who all have the desire to aide to the elderly.
- Within this position I was able to interact with a few of the guest there and get to hear the stories.
- Responsibilities that I had to withhold with my group are to set up tables or other dining areas with attention to cleanliness and order, prepare meals under the supervision of a dietary manager or cook and deliver dishes and trays at designated times and rooms.
- Trained in the proper handling of food and equipment, following all procedures outlined by the FDA.
- Quickly rose to Head Aide, managing a staff of 5 workers and guiding them in food preparation for patients.
- Communicated with the kitchen staff, dietitians, and doctors to assure compliance with complex and frequently changing dietary needs of clients.
- Communicated with other team members to ensure food was prepared on time and correctly.
- Verified that prepared food met all standards for quality and quantity.
- Prepared quality products while maintaining proper food safety practices, portion control and presentation within service goal times.
- Recorded any needed changes to recipes and seasonings in the database for future preparation by dietary aides.
- Online Tracking and makes sure all picked merchandise is delivered to the send area for the receiving team to pack and ship.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of equipment and work stations, including walk-in refrigerator units, and counter tops.
- Delivers trays to serving areas or to patients and returns trays for cleanup in a timely manner.
- Obtained recognition by the Food & Nutrition Manager for maintaining a well-organized, spotless kitchen.
- Set the standard by assisting and educating others in the preparation of information for menus.
- Advised patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications and food selection and preparation.
- Planned and prepared a wide range of meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Separated and scrubbed used dishes and cookware; cleaned cooking area after preparing meals.
- Wrote and distributed four new company policies and procedures that improved efficiency of services to internal customers (e.g., serving food on time, preventing cross contamination).
- Discovered additional responsibility for food cost control during an unannounced Audit that increased job performance rating from “good” to “excellent.”
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Performed a variety of routine kitchen duties including the preparation and serving of food and various functions of the dietary office.
- Delivered food to patients and supervised dietary aides.
- Paying attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions for reading recipes, dietary needs and meal and orders.
- Serve meals and assist the residents in eating, as well as operating kitchen equipment and clean up after meals.
- Being compassionate and patient when working with elderly residents, as well as the residents’ family members.
- Attended Spanish classes three nights a week and worked with the dining room staff on Monday through Friday shifts, including the holidays.
- Assistant Manager for the Redhead vacation rental; removed snow from guests’ cars and properties.
- Prepares nutritious meals for patients, taking into account any dietary restrictions or special physicians instructions.
- Confirm that correct proportions are place onto trays before delivery to patients.
- Coordinated with registered dietitians with regards of nutritional needs by ensuring correct preparation and servings of food, beverages, and snacks within state guidelines and according too residents individual dietary needs and doctor directions.
- Gained teaching experience at various schools including the Charter School of Mathematics, Lakeside Leadership Academy, and All Children’s Learning Center.
- Coached cheerleading team for two years; helped with funds for uniforms, equipment, and games.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas and serving areas throughout the day, practicing clean- as-you-go procedures.
- Follows all Sodexo safety requirements within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Eliminate cross contamination by processing and handling raw and ready-to-eat products separately.
- Contributed diet plans and facts to discharge paperwork for patients receiving tube feedings.
- Assisted dietitian in a hospital survey of patient satisfaction with discharged diet plans and suggestions for improvement.
- Ensures all service ware is handled in a safe/sanitary manner as per regulatory standards.
- Checks patient trays/ customer meals for accuracy and/or missing items & corrects as needed before delivery.
- Ensures that tray tickets correctly match food items placed on trays.
- Examined food trays to ensure that dietary needs were met by comparing trays with diet sheets.
- Responded to bedside requests for foods according to hospital regulation codes, producing positive customer service results.
- Monitor activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Directed and supervise employees engaged, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
- Performed work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
- Spoke with customers about their meals and suggested alternative choices when necessary; established rapport with patients, staff, family members, and visitors from diverse backgrounds.
- As a dietary aide I prepped food dishes, drinks, snacks, and desserts.
- I sanitized and worked in a timely manor to achieve food, and drink prep for other kitchen staff, cooks, and patients.
- I would serve the patients their trays as well as run the food line service.
- Make fresh coffee with industrial coffee makers, and properly sanitize dishes with industrial dish washer, wash pots and pans, clean and sanitize all kitchen and food surfaces.
- Chef-prepared heart-healthy meals for patients with documented coronary artery disease.
- Prepared meals/snacks as assigned by supervisor according to planned menus established schedules resident requests and sanitary directives.
- Serve meals in resident rooms dining rooms and other designated areas.
- Load and distribute food trays and carts to residents rooms and/or dining room areas; collects and returns food carts to dishwashing area.
- Assists in receiving and storing food and supplies; stores items properly labeled and dated according to guidelines.
- Handled hospital food service operations, including ordering, receiving, and stocking food and supplies.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.