Chemical Engineers develop and produce chemicals and products through chemical processes. Duties include refining chemical processes, conducting research and tests, entering data into a computer, data analyzation, plan correction, and ensuring that all organization goals are being met. As for education, one must complete a Bachelor’s, Master’s, and/or Ph. D. in chemical engineering, with some positions requiring licensure. Chemical Engineers must be excellent at chemistry, be commercially aware, know IT and numeracy, and be skilled at problem-solving. They are analytical, adaptable, creative, and team players.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Chemical Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Chemical Engineer resumes for your reference.
- Gained technical knowledge and skills in optimization by implementing improvements to water treatment processes and boiler chemistry for three 600MW coal-fired turbines.
- Optimized boiler chemistry procedures resulting in a 20% reduction on the unit start-ups length.
- Optimized water treatment plant procedures so that water parameters would reduce chemical and potential maintenance costs.
- Engineered an elaborate coal process procedure improving efficiency and reducing run time on conveyor systems in order to decrease risk of injury, dusting, and run time on operating equipment.
- Responsible for planning, drafting, executing, maintaining and improving water facilities in accordance with TCEQ practices and safety standards.
- Support regulatory permitting and authorizing technical documents while working on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously.
- Prepare and implement effective presentations and participate in client meetings and regular interactions with clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders in both field and office settings.
- Prepared the first dispersion & radiation analysis using FlareSim and generated the first report for these studies in the company.
- Developed the first guidelines on how to perform radiation and dispersion analysis using FlareSim.
- Performed hydraulics analysis as required by project needs using PipeSim.
- Provided support to mechanical engineering group in completion of mechanical eng. activities & P&ID.
- Implemented automatic dust discharge system with continuous N2 flow to avoid explosive atmosphere and reduce manipulation for operators, improving personal, and industrial safety.
- Increased operator effectiveness by reducing the overall number of alarms using Matrikon (Alarm Manager).
- Established protocols and collaborated with multiple departments (quality, environment, safety, engineering and production) to develop a Chemical Plant certification Audit ISO 9001.
- Improved the safety of the plant by performing JSBO’s (Job Safety Behavior Observation).
- Planned and conducted research for design and development of desulfurization of fuel oil technology.
- Carried out parametric and feasibility experiments while generating reports and graphs.
- Computed design for packed bed adsorber by determining Liquid Space Hourly Velocity (LHSV) of catalyst.
- Performed design calculations for installation of equipment like Pump, PFR, rotary filter.
- Provided engineering supports to 18+ operators, troubleshoot biodiesel production issues, optimized existing processes and improved production safety.
- Conducted experiments using an array of lab instrumentation to investigate production issues.
- Collected and analyzed samples using titration, GC, and other lab equipment according to CNS (similar to ASTM Standers) to ensured ASTM Standards and customer specifications were met.
- Prepared documents to comply with safety and local environmental regulations (similar to EPA and OSHA regulations in the U.S.).
- Worked extensively out in the field to troubleshoot water wells suffering from corrosion and a decrease in production.
- Researched the corrosive nature of Iron-Related Bacteria and Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria.
- Assessed the effectiveness of dry ice to agitate chemicals and break down encrustation within the well.
- Implemented many material science concepts to consult on the correct components of well systems.
- Managed day-to-day operation of oil and gas processing, LNG extraction and fractionation units.
- Operated DCS and PLC system to monitor process plant and took corrective actions.
- Extracted process information from CAD drawings and prepared/modified PFD, and P&ID.
- Prepared daily/monthly and project report, SOP, and detailed requisitions for equipment/material.
- Participated in HAZOP, pre-startup safety review, and in the behavior based safety program.
- Data collection for Environmental Audit of industries. Mass balance & water balance for the production process. Member of Four Person audit team for this organization under Audit scheme as chemical Engineer.
- Preparation & submission of Analysis report under water act & Air act for client industries as a Statutory compliance.
- Data collection for preparation of NOC and CCA application of client Industries, follow up with state Pollution control Board.
- Costing of products by identifying cost effective, commercially viable and environmentally safe routes for bulk production.
- Developed a cost effective process through lab experiments and pilot studies for manufacturing LAE.
- Providing technical support, training employees on lean manufacturing and safety topics.
- Responsible for internal audits to assure quality system compliance and developing quality plans.
- Sized Pressure Relief Valves, Separators and prepared datasheets and specifications for equipments.
- Provided engineering support for the Manufacture of Urea and Ammonia synthesis.
- Involved in trouble shooting of Overpressure Scenarios, and gained exposure to the design guidelines for Pressure Vessels and Heat Exchangers.
- Research on unconventional oil & gas production related environmental problems, focusing on water quality and management.
- Investigated the efficiencies of hydrofracking process applied chemicals, such as friction reducers, scale and corrosion inhibitors, etc.
- Flow assurance research on the chemical additive compatibility under downhole conditions.
- Interaction of shale formation with brine at high temperature high pressure environment.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.