Business Managers provide oversight to company operations. Their duties include monitoring employees, conducting staff meetings, establishing business strategies, developing company goals, identifying areas of improvement, and creating company policies. To become a Business Manager, you must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field. Business Managers must demonstrate adaptability, professionalism, organizational skills, analytical skills, stress tolerance, time management, and financial planning.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Business Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Business Manager resumes for your reference.
- Updated information relating to sales in an organized data managing system.
- Replied to consumers and assisted with every contract on a professional level.
- Handled all transfers of credit or debit card, including money orders for all transactions.
- Handled all accounting, purchasing, payroll, and human resources functions of a socially responsible business.
- Managed a staff of nine including the use of an outside manager to coordinate all business operations.
- Key involvement in expanding both entities’ financial reporting for the Board of Directors in the UK., including intercompany transaction transparency and net profit/loss forecasting.
- Bolstered the roles of Bookkeeper and Office Manager in NY, TX schools, respectively.
- Maintained Human Resources extensive duties, including enhancing new directives on child safety as governed by International School Inspectorate (ISI), securing international Visa sponsorships for UK staff, and delivery of health and retirement plans to all employees.
- Reorganized departmental workflow to improve efficiency.
- Developed a computerized system for inventory tracking and control.
- Led project manager responsible for opening the broker dealer Lloyds Securities Inc.
- Implemented the risk and control framework within the broker-dealer for revenue generating businesses and functional teams in accordance with Basel 1, 2, 3 standards.
- Established, tracked and reported to senior management on the KRI and KPI controls for the broker dealer on a monthly basis at the management committee meeting.
- Developed and tested the RCSA for the revenue generating business and the functional teams within the broker dealer and reported results to senior management, compliance and audit.
- Maintained the same level of quality service with staff’s 75% reduction in cost per transaction.
- Develop, establish, implement and review departmental policies, procedures and systems.
- Utilized metrics to measure doctors’/hygienists’ monthly performance and productivity.
- Analyze and plan performance improvement activities for the various offices.
- Recruitment and on-boarding of Doctors/Independent Contractors, hygienists, and assistants.
- A developed strategic plan with complete vision and objectives to increase sales by 15% by year-end while maintaining profitability at the pre-recession level.
- Initiated a new business line in apartment rental brokerage and led a team of 9 in closing over 150 rental deals, generating $700,000 in revenue in the first year (2016).
- Communicated with media companies and major universities for new marketing partnerships.
- Planned and executed two successful social media campaigns (Facebook and WeChat) to generate a client pool of 3,000 members.
- Managed relationships with 400 clients, 50 major real estate companies and other marketing partners.
- Continued aggressive marketing efforts which resulted in high volume sales without reducing profit margins or sacrificing quality service.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose information into general understanding.
- Worked with operations staff to develop reports to track and improve quality of service.
- Achieved business profitability via increased sales and profitability, developed an additional contract with the local Chamber of Commerce through membership.
- Laid out a new company-wide strategy to reduce costs, increased profits by 23% over the previous year.
- Managed the flow of the business using Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the all of the finances, accounting, bookkeeping, inventory control.
- Oversea day to day operation of the business, such as customer service, customer experience, and customer satisfaction.
- The ability to control fixed, variable cost of the business and help the business generate steady profit over time, as well as the growth of the business.
- Created and managed business accounting software for a small-to-medium manufacturing corporation for 10 years.
- Elevated client profile by securing speaking engagements in national industry media, hosted a two-day seminar in which local businesses were encouraged to attend.
- Collaboratively work with senior management to maximize opportunities and generate sales with new and existing clients.
- Oversee marketing assistant and all related efforts to increase the company’s presence in the local market through webinars, mailing campaigns, advertisements, newsletter and social media.
- Develop new and existing client relationships in person, on the phone and email. Research, identify and pursue opportunities available for women owned organizations.
- Managed the daily accounting, sales, and payroll duties for the company.
- Created multiple excel budgets; resulted in excellent financial control of expenses, income, and cash flow.
- Strong written and verbal skills are demonstrated in reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Ensures staff are kept informed of Medical Center and departmental priorities.
- Communicates vision statement and medical center strategic priorities and demonstrates commitment toward their achievement.
- Negotiated with owners on ways to improve product lines and increase sales volume.
- Effectively communicate with customers regarding the customer’s needs and responses to changes in service performance, product line, and price levels.
- Assisted the human resources department in processing resumes for candidates.
- Assisted sales floor personnel in completing credit sales and keeping stock room inventory updated.
- Planned and scheduled meetings, responded to various inquiries both external & internal.
- Through effective interaction with customers, developing long-term relationships with the customer base for continued business success.
- Served as temporary assistant manager/line manager for 2 weeks during the annual physical absence of the owner/ operator.
- Led all elements of human resources management for staff of 80 and 20 plus independent contractors including benefits enrollment and administration; payroll; new hire on-boarding; employee terminations; and all required government filings.
- Administer Annual Cardinal’s Stewardship Appeal with the Archdiocese of New York with annual average yield of $500,000+.
- Develop fundraising strategies, collaborate with Pastor and Campaign Manager to implement initiatives and coordinate marketing events for the upcoming 2017 Capital Campaign with a goal of $3.5 million.
- Established an effective, functional customer relations management system.
- Organized, promoted, and assigned employees to produce an effective and efficient running of the business.
- Analyze season sales trends, gross margin, inventory, and open to buy.
- Managed and present weekly reporting, seasonally, and yearly selling at the door at SKU level.
- Provided actionable analysis. Responsible for replenishment Basics program forecast needs, identify opportunities, monitor inventory.
- Became a partner in the development of new technology and new services to customers.
- Established a working relationship with the engineering firm that designed and installed the new equipment.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.