Professional actors physically depict characters in film, movies, theater, and other storytelling mediums. Their duties include studying scripts, memorizing lines, embodying characters, communicating their character’s perspective to the audience, using props, and following directions during filming. Many professional actors have formal training or degrees in acting, but it’s not required, as actors are hired based on skill and experience. Professional actors must demonstrate charisma, versatility, verbal and nonverbal communication, a good work ethic, active listening, rote memorization skills, and creativity.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Actor Example Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Actor Example resumes for your reference.
- Performed choreographed pieces on stage with esteemed dancers and choreographers from all around the world.
- Trained under award-winning instructors at Dance Arts Academy, Debbie Reynold’s Dance Studio, Santa Monica College, and the University of Southern California.
- Versatile at all styles of dance, Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Breaking, Hip-Hop, House, and Contemporary.
- Acquired roles in seven theater productions, including A.R. Gurney’s The Dining Room and David Mamet’s Edmond.
- Playing the role of villain in the play “Wise Guys” by William Shakespeare.
- Toured the United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, India and the High Seas entertaining a wide variety of audiences with acting, singing, dancing, audience participation and improvisational skills.
- Dance Captain: Oversaw rehearsals, taught new employees their job duties, maintained overall quality of the show by watching, taking notes and distributing them to the actors.
- Participated in post-show talk-backs for educational purposes.
- Assisted in organizing, marketing and public relations for benefits raising money for Broadway Cares.
- Playing the role of villain in the play “Wise Guys” by William Shakespeare.
- Performed in numerous Broadway and Off-Broadway productions as well as regional theater, film, television, and recording projects.
- Toured extensively in Japan, Europe, and the United States.
- Member of Actor’s Equity, Screen Actors’ Guild, and American Federation of Television and Radio Arts.
- Shown work at local art galleries and at the Pasadena Art Museum.
- Appeared as a professional actor in feature films, television commercials, and video games.
- Performed commercials for Coke, Coors, Honda, and Buick.
- Preformed Theatre, musicals, and industrial films throughout [company name].
- Professional headshot and theatre resume available upon request.
- Received first part-time acting job on TV series.
- Appeared as a guest actor in various shows including “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
- Operate as small business, managing budget, brand, marketing materials, professional development schema, communication and relationships with broad professional network.
- Absorb, interpret and convey new material to audiences ranging from individual decision-makers to general public under non-negotiable deadlines, confidently, on frequent basis.
- Process feedback and adapt to change quickly, resourcefully and productively in time- and budget-sensitive work environments populated by highly interdependent stakeholders.
- Managed and adhere to constantly evolving schedule of meetings, auditions, shoots, rehearsals and other commitments in an industry where promptness and preparation are vital.
- Starred in feature film performances within the same year.
- Comfortable performing in front of large crowds.
- Collaborate/consult with team members to assess, plan, implement and solve problems during rehearsals.
- Ability to work with a wide range of age groups.
- Comfortable conducting question and answer sessions in front of live audiences.
- Starred in national commercials for Nutrisystem, Chrysler, and Cigna.
- Performed extensively in Feature Film, Television, Commercials, Voiceovers and Stage.
- Extensive experience as a principal in numerous national commercials (Budweiser, Home Depot, Land Rover, Allstate, Verizon, Loweâ€™s, Gillette, GE, among others).
- Official spokesman for the largest phone company in the UK (Phones 4 U), which included appearances in over 25 commercials over a seven-year period.
- Led host for Digital Sports Network that included directing, producing and writing original content.
- Performed in film, radio, and theater. Appeared in live productions or television during the early eighties. Participated in the U.S. Navy’s Goodwill Tour for four years (1983-87).
- Active marketing, on phone and in person, to keep my product relevant and in demand.
- Mounting successful self-promoted productions, including securing inventory for props, finding and negotiating for a performing space, and setting and working within a very small budget.
- Quickly deliver quality work for prospective clients with very little notice.
- Stage management responsibilities including scheduling, contacting employees to ensure awareness of schedules, and ensuring the smooth operation of coworkers both onstage and off.
- Appeared on “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson,” “America Live,” and “The Late Late Show with Tom Snyder.”
- With experience an training culminating to eight years of academic background and various professional conferences & workshops (KCACTF; Fitzmaurice 5 Day Voice Intensive) across the United States, I have procured work in summer venues of Emporia State University Summer Theatre & The Contemporary American Theatre Festival.
- Selection and presentation of new material is self chosen and produced.
- Marketing materials and distribution are a large part of this work as well as strong communication.
- Over 12 years of work as an actor/writer/director on TV series, commercials, and feature films; collaborated with many master artists and art directors on sets dressed as a doctor of martial arts in “Knight Rider.
- Appeared in national commercials, media and print projects for national brands and local companies.
- Assisted in the implementation of motion pictures including The Confession, directed by Michael Landon, Jr., and The Final Resting Place of Smick Bumley.
- Enhanced the brand of Novant by participating in media placements with Michael Jordan.
- Participated in corporate training videos for local companies such as Bank of America, Lowe’s, and Wells Fargo.
- Appeared in over 70 feature films, television movies, full-length motion pictures, independent films, and music videos for national brands and local companies.
- Spoke or appeared as a guest at over 350 live presentations to company leadership and/or clients worldwide.
- I have worked with several theatre companies as an actor in their productions, responsible for interpreting a script and skillfully bringing it to life using thoughtful and inspired choices.
- It has ingrained me with an understanding of how to collaborate within an ensemble made up of all kinds of people, quick and critical thinking, how to manage many facets of a project, excellent presentation and communication skills, and a very strong work ethic.
- I have been consistently successful in gaining work and I was represented by a top talent agency in New York City before moving back to Michigan.
- Planned for or acted as a facilitator for over 70 events with hundreds of executive staff from multiple Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
- Created the role of “Lionheart” in a two-man show which was selected to be performed at the 2005 New York International Fringe Festival.
- Study and rehearse roles from scripts in order to interpret, learn and memorize lines, stunts, and cues as directed.
- Worked closely with directors, other actors, and playwrights to find the interpretation most suited to the role.
- Performed humorous and serious interpretations of emotions, actions, and situations, using body movements, facial expressions, and gestures.
- Knocked down the competition in many theatrical productions and contests through creative motivational character development.
- Observed other people’s creativity as a stylist for fashion designers; aided style shows that led to designs in print media.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.