Purchasing buyers provide the strategy behind what products a company buys for resale. They are responsible for negotiating contracts, selecting vendors, conducting market research, evaluating competitors, creating purchase orders and reporting back to management. A bachelor’s degree is preferred for this role. Successful buyers have excellent analytical skills, business acumen, the ability to interpret data, relationship building skills, oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and negotiation skills.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Buyer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Buyer resumes for your reference.
Purchasing / Buyer
- Created all purchase orders, managed warehouse/ inventory procedures.
- Vendor management including requirements for ISO and FDA Standards.
- Responsible for all equipment and products needed for manufacturing floor.
- Selected and negotiated purchase contracts for 75 business opportunities located in the United States.
- Assisted with the acquisition of a commercial building, including negotiations with the owner to obtain capital investment from a private equity group.
- Evaluate and facilitate approval on all purchase order and coordinate with Director of Purchasing to ensure accuracy of all deliveries.
- Monitor and evaluate all purchase order claims and ensure compliance with China ports and company regulations.
- Coordinate with vendors to maintain optimal product quality and recommend improvements to all pricing.
- Organize and participate in various meetings and prepare reports to identify appropriate purchasing requirements and design an efficient way to achieve all objectives.
- Researched equipment supply needs for three large manufacturers; prepared to buy contract proposals in less than ninety days.
- Place orders for goods and service needed for daily operations and check orders placed to determine if it meets internal customer’s needs.
- Evaluate pricing and vendors performance for quality, value and service.
- Inquire about quantity discounts and price breaks and consolidate purchases to obtain best possible price.
- Assisted Purchasing Manager with daily actives( run AP reports, obtain GSABC, Health Trust, Contsra pricing).
- Accomplishes office procedures regarding purchasing, contract administration, and advertising.
- Responsible for the placement of purchase orders for a variety of inventory and non-inventory items for manufacturer of metal stampings and fasteners for picture framing industry.
- Provides day-to-day assistance and general clerical support to Purchasing Department staff.
- Issues purchase orders supporting office and manufacturing department, confirms supplier receipt and acceptance.
- Follows up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates.
- Effective communication skills through verbal and written communications to internal customers, subcontractors, and manufacturing facilities.
- Processed warranty cross-ships, out of warranty exchanges, drop ships and repairs.
- Sourced service spare parts for all major computer manufacturers and expediting backorders.
- Processed DOA returns by working closely with all vendors to return defectives and obtain credit.
- Researched and processed Vendor Rejects and defective warranty parts in internal warehouse.
- Converted computer spreadsheets into a procurement and inventory control system resulting in cost savings of $3,000 per month.
- Verify the engineerâ€™s requirement and their specification with Supplierâ€™s goods/merchandiseâ€™s specification through blue print.
- Negotiate with suppliers and sub-contractors to achieve best price and payment terms.
- Created Purchase orders and blanket order to support manufacturing production and rewards the contract according to BOM requirements.
- Determined Kanban/bin sizes and safety stocks to improve customer service levels without increasing inventory.
- Achieved visibility and recognition as a top buyer by proposing creative solutions to software development and merchandise.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining purchase orders (PO) confirmations, pricing accuracy, ETA’s and status on all stock PO’s in the AS400 system to ensure timely and accurate deliveries of purchased items.
- Maintain aging reports and responsible for modification of PO’s.
- Heavy contact with vendors via emails and phone calls to reconcile discrepancies and obtain required invoices and other purchasing related information.
- Selected by the Director of Purchasing to work with corporate employees in contract negotiations and helping to maintain physical inventory.
- Led staff to reduce costs by $125,000 yearly thorough industry knowledge.
- Managed and maintain documents and records related to purchasing, project management and sales.
- Responsible for ensuring all orders are processed in an accurate and timely manner, as well as identifying and sourcing viable substitute products to minimize the impact of backorders on our customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that invoice and price discrepancies are resolved and the backorder report is current.
- Achieved highest customer satisfaction ratings based on a company survey; recognized by the CEO.
- Increased efficiency and profitability by developing line-item cost reductions which increased profitability.
- Wrote purchase orders for outside services such as heat treat, plating, and various processes not done in-house.
- Analyzed historical product sales and services to created purchase orders for existing vendors.
- Review Supplier quotes to assure accuracy of price, description, shipping instructions and initiates follow-up action for orders.
- Performed Forecast, Audit, and Tax Accounting functions for the company at the division level.
- Helped establish an effective Purchasing department by assigning purchasing responsibilities, preparing purchase orders, and monitoring supply chain companies to ensure that they meet contractual obligations.
- Requisitions and orders merchandise, supplies and equipment by using, interpreting, and monitoring guidelines, rules, and laws.
- Initiates, approves and processes emergency purchases, tracks orders, prepares and reviews bids and orders to verify accuracy terminology and specifications.
- Audits invoices and checks for accuracy receipt of material and compliance with purchase orders.
- Recognized as a Top Performer with an outstanding performance rating in all areas of the job.
- Accomplished with great pride in the following areas: setting best practices and standards for Supply Chain; set up company’s first 3rd party logistics company; initiated first time purchasing of international raw materials.
- Buyer of pro-sourced products for the production of construction hoists for passenger & material, industrial lifts, mast climbing work & transport platforms for an elevator supplier facility.
- Managed purchase orders (international and domestic vendors) for materials management.
- Worked closely with engineering and vendors using CAD drawings, shipping schedules, ECN’s to ensure on time customer service with on time deliveries.
- Determined the necessity of and completed every task on an assigned project in a timely manner.
- Developed a quality product, meeting specifications, at a fair and reasonable price.
- Responsible for purchase raw materials and RD special projects for on-time delivery, lead-time, and inventory control.
- Provided support to operations, engineering, and quality commodity departments as needed.
- Researched and identify potential sources for required materials and services.
- Resolve issues associated with overages, shortages, unmatched invoice and damage reports with vendor.
- Stated the benefits of modular construction for government contractors.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.