These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real SQL resumes for your reference.
- Designed databases, stored procedures, reports, and data input interfaces using SQL Server 2005, 2008 and C#.
- Developed C# applications add-ons for ERP systems to better accommodate user needs and provide accurate information validation.
- Created and updated applications for internal company operations using C#, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005.
- Performed analysis and presented results using SQL, SSIS, MS Access, Excel, and Visual Basic scripts.
- Imported, exported and manipulated large data sets in multi-million-row databases under tight deadlines.
- Wrote and automated tools and scripts to increase departmental efficiency and automate repeatable tasks.
- Manipulated files and their associated data for rapid delivery to clients or loading onto internal databases.
- Create daily reports in designed Excel spreadsheet with pivot tables.
- Identified data issues and provided recommendations for resolution to ensure optimal performance.
- Interacted and communicated with colleagues as needed as both a technical and functional expert.
- Performed sophisticated ad-hoc or ongoing custom analyses against medical claims to support business stakeholders.
- Developed and deployed quality T-SQL codes, stored procedures, views, functions, triggers and jobs.
- Designed and Populated specific tables, databases for collection, tracking and reporting of data.
- Analyzed data collected in stores (DTS Package, T-SQL, jobs, stored-procedures and queries) and provided reports to the commercial team (Excel, VB Script, Macro).
- Compiled lists of stores respecting criteria given by client services, while minimizing collection costs (T-SQL, Queries, Views).
- Assured and checked the quality and the integrity of the data received from the store collectors (T-SQL, Queries, jobs, stored-procedures).
- Wrote and analyzed trending reports, drew extrapolations from findings to/with the project manager and the commercial team (SSRS, Excel, T-SQL, Queries).
- Extensive tuning activities on pl/sql procedures, functions, procedures, and such to enhance performance.
- Extensive programming activities (pl/sql) on a 10G/11G RAC development system for ultimate deployment to production.
- Development of rman backup routines to implement best-proactive backup activities.
- Continually add improvements and features to analytics portal and related software.
- Develop dashboards that help users gain insight into complex business questions quickly and reliably.
- Work closely with data analysts and business partners to understand their needs and the data behind them, which facilitates much more useful reporting and analysis.
- Manage Data extract (Source Access requests/Permission/ETL modules) from MS internal sources to test repository for analysis.
- Including communications with Source’s system data stewards to verify source’s content integrity and anomaly.
- Execute Data Analysis on source data based on defined Scenarios/Use Cases to determine/verify existence and usability of the desired attributes.
- Create PowerPoint presentation decks for displaying results of the Analysis based on Scenarios, recommendations, gaps and case study.
- Billable client support for special requests and second level help desk.
- Strong user interface and reporting design skills translating client requirements into professional reporting.
- Create data queries for clients using SQL, Crystal, Access and Excel.
- Responsible for testing, implementing ticketing systems and MS Share point support.
- Build Processing/SQL Servers (physical and virtual) for internal testing and client usage.
- Monitor functionality of internal/external server environments.
- Provide accurate documentation for the DWR suite of products both internal and client usage.
- Create new tables, import, update and scrub data from multiple sources using SSMS, SSAS and Excel.
- Review client requirements and translate to technical solutions for development.
- Create test cases and preform end to end testing of business intelligence products for Windows phone.
- Work with Microsoft team to resolve customer issues, add users, manage group security.
- Methodically analyze data before and after changes in the operating server environment, to critically determine weaknesses, including errors in processes; and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Consult with internal customers, and collaborate with vendors and technical infrastructure personnel to respond and resolve day-to-day support calls, and incidents logged in production.
- Explore new technology, commercial off the shelf software tools and applicable business processes, to share and keep peers and customers informed of market trends; to enable effective business process improvements.