These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Sous Chef resumes for your reference.
- Highly skilled in cooking, presentation, preparing and seasoning a wide range of foods, including appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, and desserts in keeping with prescribed menu recipes and techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of setting deadlines to ensure the well-timed completion of executed dishes and all around work in the kitchen, set up stations, break down and cleaning.
- Maintain, set up, breakdown and keeping the bar at its best for the benefit of our clientele.
- Handling my own bar backing duties, creating custom cocktails, prepping garnishes, stocking fridge, filling ice box and cleaning dishware.
- Prepare daily production list and ensure that all workstations remained stocked before and during food production.
- Ensure that food came out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Performed additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef at any time.
- Follow proper closing procedures to ensure that the establishment is ready for the following business day.
- Cook and serve food in accordance with diet plans, recipes, and portions control procedures within facility guidelines.
- Maintain smooth and timely operations in preparation and delivery of meals and kitchen sanitation daily.
- Responsible for tracking and ordering necessary culinary items, including food, beverages, equipment, and supplies.
- Engage with residents and colleagues discussing preferences, and offering Executive Chef new dish development ideas for special events.
- Oversee deliveries, check the quantity and quality of received products and ensure stock rotation.
- Analyze recipes with the chef to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Supervise and assign duties and work stations to five employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Plan special events (buffet, banquet, party): estimating amounts and costs of supplies and staff requirements for food preparation, ordering food items from suppliers and coordinating activities of food production and food service staff.
- Supervised and assigned tasks to kitchen personnel including cooks and porters.
- Organized and maintained inventory,storage, and distribution of supplies.
- Arranged daily menus and portioned ingredients.
- Monitoring and maintaining stock of food products for available menus perform tasks efficiently and effectively in areas.
- Assist in all prep work (baking bread, preparing beef, veggies, and various other items).
- Responsible for maintaining order accuracy in a busy and fast paced environment.
- Cooked with grills(standard and flat top), fryers, broilers, ovens, and stove top.
- Responsible for ensuring the kitchen was opened and closed to necessary standards.
- Prepared food items consistently and in compliance with recipes, portioning, cooking and waste control guidelines.
- Reduced food costs by using seasonal ingredients, setting standards for portion size and minimizing waste.
- Managed kitchen staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, supervising, evaluating and enforcing discipline when necessary.
- Verified proper portion sizes and consistently attained high food quality standards.
- Ensure that all dishes meet the culinary standard; Presentation, Taste and Temperature.
- Do daily sanitation rounds in the kitchen while making sure all sanitation area is properly done.
- Round/Check all refrigeration for proper temperature and all items are properly dated and labeled.
- Prepare daily productions sheets for hot and cold items while converting recipes to daily census.
- Currently working with a team of 2 other chefs to maintain a kitchen atmosphere that is of high quality, while also being profitable, fun, and challenging.
- We serve a plethora of upscale small shared plates, while also executing an extensive rotating features menu.
- We also provide off site catering, and full buyout events.
- As a sous chef I am directly responsible for the execution and coordination of the food aspects of these events.
- I started as a line cook here and have worked my way into the sous chef position.
- This place has allowed me to grow tremendously from a creative culinary stand point.
- Im primarily charged with running the restaurant and help with menu and recipe development.
- We do have banquets that I help with as well.
- Managed the successful daily kitchen operations of a popular American Brasserie.
- Supervised, coached and motivated a dynamic staff of +15 in a Chef driven, high volume, locally sustained, scratch kitchen.
- Oversaw all aspects of preparation and production according to standardized recipes.
- Facilitated the organization and cleanliness of the BOH to meet and exceed all health code regulations.
- Ensure smooth operations of the kitchen in the absence of the head chef.
- Ensure a safe and hygienic kitchen environment by following standard operation procedures.
- Oversee the work of kitchen staff such as preparation and marinating activities.
- Assist head chef in menu planning and recipe creation activities.