Software Developers created computer programs. Their duties include designing computer programs, managing the program, performing tests, educating users, upgrading systems, and writing codes. To work as a Software Developer, you need a Bachelor in Computer Science or Engineering degree. Software Developers need to have great written/verbal communication skills, documentation skills, be detail-oriented, patient, have teaching skills, be goal-oriented, and be punctual to be successful.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Software Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Software Developer resumes for your reference.
Senior Software Developer
- Developing healthcare technology solutions to enrich patient lives through innovative products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of and familiarity developing applications in a team environment.
- Leveraging structured processes across all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Conceptualizes and develops new software programs and applications.
- Designed, implemented, and enhanced a highly accurate biometric face/scanning identification system for rapid access to sites such as a railroad depot or military base.
- Worked on the RESTFul Services by using JAX-RS through RestEasy library.
- Responsible for creating the Test Harness by using the JUnitEE.
- Supported UAT and System Testing cycles, fixed the bugs in both backend and frontend during the testing phase.
- Checking the request and response for a Restful WS using Rest tools such as POSTMAN and Advanced Rest Client.
- Created and implemented business rules for a large electronic accounting program to support staff in financial control, time and billing controls, e-mail communication, payments from suppliers/vendors, customer service functions of transaction history etc.
Principal Software Developer
- Implemented a high availability web service that can be updated with no outage while under load from help desk personnel entering tickets in real time for phone-in customers.
- Created a 37% reduction in average time-to-close for Sev 1 tickets by fully automating an 11 project / 6.5 hour manual build into a continuous build / deploy system.
- Dramatically cut test and debug time for concurrent web service scenarios by building a logging system that groups web service logging into a single zip file per top level request.
- Cut maximum web page load time from 4.4 to 1.2 seconds as measured by our largest customer’s IT compliance auditor.
- Facilitated the software development process by initiating improvements through analysis of existing data and product prototypes.
- Scripted custom data extractions and complex reports using T-SQL and PowerShell per customer’s needs.
- Experienced writing T-SQL joins, stored procedures, views, pivot tables, and database patches.
- Wrote automated processes to send several daily data sets to Q2’s Risk and Fraud department.
- Created graphs to represent server performance on any given day, for any server in our data center using d3.js.
- Successfully completed integration of several new pieces of software in order to meet client deadlines for installation on new hardware platforms.
- Working with Spring MVC framework, Hibernate ORM for implementing the Web tier of the application with Oracle database.
- Understand and document existing legacy website code and created scalable, modular microservices to replace the existing website.
- Developing front-end content using HTML5, CSS3, Angular JS and Server side validations using plain JS.
- Created production-quality web applications.
- Created and maintained custom computer software systems.
- Cerner designs leading-edge health information technology.
- They offer strategies that empower organizations to know, manage and engage their populations.
- Their applications are developed with physicians in mind so they can focus on patients and not on technology.
- Providers can manage their day-to- day revenue functions with their integrated clinical and financial systems.
- Developed design specifications, then programmed to obtain required functionality.
- Participated in updating all systems to the most current version of PHP Accomplishments.
- Designed and implemented billing system resulting in a 17% increase in overall company revenue.
- Researched and presented problem solving techniques during development process of complex applications to administration regarding programming defects.
- Presently, I am developing complex computer-based decision support systems.
- Developing and debugging applications written in C# / Visual Basic using multiple versions of Visual Studio and TFS.
- ADO.Net, data tables, datasets, SQL command and connection objects, table adapters.
- Creating reports using SQL procedures, RDLC, sub reports, Crystal Reports.
- Enhanced company products with advanced features on GSM (Global System for Mobiles) network.
- Designed and implemented advanced Bluetooth software at the source code level, including the complete design of low-level protocol stack for a device.
- Comparing different databases to match companywide range of data for consistency and accuracy.
- Using Spotfire to help created Perfect day reporting tool for company to see overall business functionality.
- Connecting to different servers to get the data that is necessary to help build accurate EHS dashboard.
- Helping automate weekly reports so it can monitor companies overall performance.
- Created a new product with new features and UI components such as multi-channel communication interface, custom user control in Graphical User Interface, and others using Microsoft Windows Mobile platform.
- Creating system documentation following RUP methodology, understanding client requirements.
- Programming portlets in the user interface for displaying them in our client portal.
- Revamped entire software development process to meet mobile application requirements; implemented cost-effective solutions that reduced development time without affecting product quality.
- Programmed and created a web based database for data management, banking information, and loan servicing requirements. Created a scheduling application that would optimize workflow to allow multiple users to work on different tasks at the same time without delays.
- Optimized the rendering speed of a scrollable list component used throughout our web application using a React.js component; clients with older computers and slower internet speeds experienced drastic browser lag when thousands of items were rendered in the HTML, using React.js rows are only rendered when the algorithm finds it necessary.
- Developed and maintain a ASP.NET MVC project using a third party reporting library from.
- Established a database that tracks lease and rental information of borrower characteristics so that data can be used to determine which clients will generate the highest revenue in the future.
- Researched ways to implement better communication strategy between loan officers and cleaners during the servicing process of foreclosures.
- Extensive involve in analyzing business requirement and discussion with business users.
- Involved in enhancement of existing system based on the business requirements, database design, system analysis and Documentation Skill.
- Worked as Full Stack Developer and Developed Web Pages using ASP.NET MVC and C#.
- Developed GUI using .NET framework 3.5/4.0.and responsible for creating components using C#.Net.
- Developed an algorithm to track, measure, and reduce credit risk on loans; reduced default risk by 1/3%.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.