Property Managers provide supervision to units of real estate. Their duties include advertising, collecting rent, leasing properties, inspecting real estate, handling maintenance issues, and managing evictions. To become a Property Manager, you must obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent. Property Managers must demonstrate initiative, time management, attention to detail, adaptability, stress tolerance, customer service skills, and dependability.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Property Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Property Manager resumes for your reference.
- Orchestrated a property overhaul to include overdue inspections, file audits, staff training, and gaining resident trust.
- Maintained accurate and impressive financial statements and files.
- Maintained occupancy of 95 – 100%, maintained low delinquent rents of less than 4%.
- Presented an excellent image of the company and its services to customers, coordinated, and communicated well with clientele and management at all levels.
- Brokered the sale of a waterfront pleasure yacht to an out-of-state client, who is now a regular customer.
- Assisted in the performance of all necessary functions to facilitate tenant move-outs including; sending lease termination instructions, providing tenants with their security deposit estimate, ensuring property keys are returned upon vacating and all utilities are in good standards.
- Drafting memos and making phone calls to tenants related to lease issues and preventative maintenance scheduling.
- These calls may also include inquiries related to rent collection.
- Issuing keys to technicians, vendors, and agents. Logging said keys out/in, and ensuring all keys are returned.
- Negotiated the construction and lease of three retail businesses (including bookstore, coffee shop, and restaurant) in addition to leasing business offices.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Created and implemented marketing strategies to attract customers to rental properties through property and vacancy ads in local newspapers.
- Daily I accomplish all financial objectives with focus on collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing a monthly budget and analyzing variances.
- With an average occupancy of 97% I increase rentals with product knowledge and aggressive marketing tactics.
- I service my property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing occupancy rules, inspecting vacant units, planning renovations and contracting with landscaping and snow removal services.
- Developed cooperative relationships with local suppliers and contractors while completing a five-unit apartment building in under six months.
- Secured investment funds for purchase of resort property by establishing a working relationship with lender by attending various events; manged rental properties during construction.
- Responsible for all daily administrative duties to ensure successful operation of the asset; including, but not limited to move ins and move outs, bank deposits, voucher processing and posting, resident relations, work order generation, reporting requirements as established by corporate personnel, and a variety of other tasks.
- Operate within established budget constraints which equates to positive Net Operating Income monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Maintain resident files according to regulations set forth by both Section 8 and LIHTC requirements.
- Develop team members through individualized education, scheduled trainings, and partnering with other team members at sister properties.
- Generate, review, and execute all Enterprise Income Verification reports in accordance with HUD regulations.
- As a property manager my responsibilities are to run and maintain the property, while making sure I also provide excellent customer service.
- Daily duties consist of renting units, selling merchandise, preparing and reviewing lease with customers, making calls to customers regarding their account and collection calls.
- Also making sure the property is well kept, customer ready.
- My presence and dedication to improving property values, saving tenants money, and living up to my clients’ expectations ensures complete customer satisfaction on a daily basis.
- Increased tenant loyalty through swift service to resolve maintenance problems by working directly with the property owner’s contractor.
- Ensure resident satisfaction at all times by responding courteously, promptly and professionally to residentâ€™s needs.
- Ensure professional management and development of leasing/marketing staff, and property maintenance personal.
- Prepared monthly financial reports and prepare quarterly report for audits.
- Responsible for the collection, processing, and validation of federal affordable housing paperwork.
- Assists in legal proceedings as needed, judgment filings, writs and preparation of exhibits as necessary.
- Controlled monthly budget expense control increasing year end net operating income.
- Approve and sign all applications, move-out dispositions, invoices, and Onsite input.
- Maintain marketing and promotional efforts to ensure adequate traffic and leasing activity.
- Responsible for the coordination of leasing events such as open house, monthly community meetings and resident functions.
- Created a boarding house that earned value in excess of the total mortgage amount due; helped charge a fair rent while keeping costs low.
- Planned, scheduled, and coordinated general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for commercial properties.
- Managed and oversaw operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of commercial properties.
- Responded timely and courteously to problems and requests of tenants.
- Collaboratively obtained renters’ approval of lease terms that initiated positive cash flow and reduced monthly expenses by capping requested rent increases at 3%.
- Developed strong relationships with apartment owners and managers that resulted in referrals upon completion of my services.
- Present and prepare annual budgets and monthly reports to owners and stakeholders with detailed financial analysis.
- Oversee management and operation of a commercial asset with a $2.4M budget.
- Reduce expenses, increase rents, to increase NOI and property value.
- Negotiate service agreements, select contractors and suppliers, provide quality control oversight, and implement cost reduction initiative, review and measure compliance.
- Creatively promoted company with over 10,000 listings online.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competition through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income by implementing cost control and revenue improvement programs.
- Monitor and document all income, including delinquencies.
- Handle customer complaints personally to verify they are properly handled.
- Recruited and trained over 30 agents who became successful and profitable in selling real estate.
- Meet with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
- Directed collection of monthly assessments, rental fees, deposits, and payment of insurance premiums, mortgage, taxes, and incurred operating expenses.
- Acted as liaisons between on-site managers or tenants and owners.
- Investigate complaints, disturbances and violations and resolve problems following management rules and regulations.
- Recognized for developing agents for more personal and financial gain than any other office in the state of California; awarded sales award.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.