These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real IT Network Engineer resumes for your reference.
- Setup, configure, manage and document all WAN connectivity between sites to include router configuration/ maintenance, coordination with Communication Company/ISPs for installs and turn-ups, DNS administration, TCP/IP configuration, protocols, VPN and encryption, firewall configuration/ maintenance, ports, monitoring and network security.
- Provide enterprise level networking solutions: Architect, develop hardware specifications, coordination of HW/SW vendors and pricing, project plans and scheduling, configure and implementation of network solutions.
- Evaluate system resources, make recommendations for procurement where necessary.
- Communicate with users regarding scheduled repairs, installations, and changes to company hardware and software.
- Create documentation for requirements, architectural designs, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational installation (run-books).
- Familiar with Network Performance Management systems including network & application traffic capture probes.
- Identify performance issues and recommend performance recommendations.
IT Network Engineer
- Planned IT network infrastructure with clients to ensure that the systems are tailored and comply with their requirements and needs.
- Implemented IT network projects: Installed, configured and maintained network services, hardware systems and peripheral equipment/devices.
- Administered all systems, including hardware platforms, software applications and numerous interfaces included in the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Implemented systems software changes, operating system releases and maintain the operational status of systems.
- Expertise in Integration, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Router, Catalyst Switches and Firewalls.
- Experience working with ASR 9000 series switches with IOS-XR.
- Switching related tasks included implementing VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet channel between switches.
- Datacenter upgrades from C6500s to Nexus 7k/5k/2k, double-VPC between distribution and access, single-VPC to servers.
- Redesigned network and implemented Hierarchical Network Design by adding a distribution layer.
- Redesigned and Implemented new rack designs for IDF network rooms and Datacenter.
- Work with Plant Engineers to provide Network Design and Implementation to fit their needs.
- Project Management and SME for IT Infrastructure projects.
Sr. Network engineer
- Experience in HSRP standby troubleshooting & Experience in configuring & upgrading of Cisco IOS.
- Working in high availability Nexus Environment with switches like 7k series and provide Level 3 Network Support.
- Working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 7010, 7018, 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for a datacenter access architecture.
- Configured trunk and access ports, and implemented granular control of VLANs and VXLANs using NX-OS to ensure virtual and flexible subnets that can extend further across the network infrastructure than with previous generation of switches.
- Responsible for designing and implementation of network and Security infrastructure.
- Reviewing, analyzing, approving and executing all changes in the network,All Configurations of Cisco Routers and Switches, Participated in a rotating 24×7 support schedule for the Network operation Center.
- Responsible for the delivery of Wireless Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services to Cisco’s major accounts.
- Responsible for various consulting services to include architecture technical support, implementing, configuration, administration and troubleshooting on various network infrastructures and enterprise applications such as Cisco router, switches, wireless, F5 load balancers and VoIP systems.
- Lead on projects that included but not limited to client/vendor’s relationships, administration, engineering and project management including any aspect of a home or business networks.
- Additional responsibilities included desktop support to ensure proper functionality by engaging with the customer’s teams or one-on-one in these activities to ensure proper implementation.
- Provisioning buildings to interface with colocation/data centers via point-to-point circuits and fiberoptic connectivity.
- Configurting core routers with appprorpiate BGP peering and route maps to optimize bandwidth usage and changing flow of traffic based on requiremtns and/or network outages.
- Architecting redunant paths and ideal network topolgies as necessary.
- Completed major WAN network upgrade for all district sites from 100 Mbps Metro Ethernet to 10 Gbps fiber.
- Completed upgrade of the district’s Cisco-based VOIP system, which involved new 4300 series routers, Call Manager 11, and Unity Connection 11.
- Completed rollout of a brand-new Meraki 802.11ac wireless system, with access points in every classroom, providing full coverage for over 5000 new student devices such as iPads and Chromebooks.
- Network engineering services, including test plan development, operations, and project support.
- Participate in system technical reviews, integrated planning team sessions, and group meetings.
- Network design and develop baseline documentation consisting of IP address, network devices, systems interconnection drawings and sites LAN/WAN with Virtual servers.
- Responsible for the ongoing operation of nurse system medical devices.
- Hired to help with updating, research and implementing REP ring and HSRP usage across their network.
- Attend to all customer needs and concerns regarding the network.
- Troubleshoot issues with the network in order to make it run more efficiently and to avoid future problems.