These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real HR Generalist resumes for your reference.
- Provides HR generalist support to over 400 employees across 9 offices for the US Insurance, Finance and Investments departments.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with the departments and business unit leaders, making the HR Generalist team a strategic partner in Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Compensation, Policy and Procedures, and Training & Development programs.
- Coaches and partners with clients to define key staffing needs and oversees the professional recruitment process, including candidate sourcing, utilizing vendor relationships, resume screening, conducting interviews and making hiring recommendations.
- Function as key contact for union and corporate employees for all employee questions.
- Manage HR administrative functions and develop HR processes and procedures including maintaining employee’s personnel files, benefit communication & enrollment administration, FMLA administration and payroll.
- Assist management with employee’s issues, grievances, investigations, disciplinary actions and all related documentation as required.
- Administer all onboarding and new hire orientation for all corporate and warehouse employees.
- Handle employee on-boarding process including offer letters and other on-boarding documents via ATS.
- Initiate background and drug screens through Accurate Background and My E-Screen.
- Enroll employees on benefits during new hire period/open enrollment and initiate COBRA for terminated employees.
- Responsible for overseeing the internship program, including job posts through campus career sites, phone screens, and interviews.
- Processed payroll for all weekly and biweekly employees (approx. 300) in the retail/corporate offices and funded 401(k) accounts.
- Managed the time and attendance module of the HRIS. Answered all manager/employee questions, processed adjustments, approved timesheets/PTO requests.
- Tracked company-wide PTO usage and made adjustments to ensure all data was correct.
- Partnered with the director of accounting for the 401(k) audit and the 401(k) Non Discrimination Testing.
- Led the year end process which consisted of: 3rd party sick pay, approval and printing of the W-2’s, verifying employee data, STARS gross up, prep for the following year which included employee withholding changes, company holiday schedule, extending the payroll calendar, updating goal amounts, etc.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Ensure the timely and efficient completion of all assigned deliveries and tasks; track, compile and analyze performance in an effort to implement new and/or improve existing processes and route scheduling for the company.
- Maintains customer records by updating records that consisted of invoices, bill of ladings, and returns.
- Recruit talent for plant throug company websites and also other employment outsources.
- Provided on-going system support for several core HR Systems including but not limited to Recruitment, Onboarding, Time & Attendance and HRIS.
- Managed Onboarding process & support field staff remotely for a smooth onboarding transition.
- Conducted background checks and worked with account manager to expedite clearances.
- Assisted with establishment of in-house employee training system and maintained employee training records.
- Accountable for talent acquisitions, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health & wealth benefits, safety.
- Managed employee retention & relations issues such as sexual harassment, tardiness, time and attendance and relationships between management and associates.
- Oversaw payroll using ADP and excel, as well as benefits such as 401k, medical, dental & vision.
- Managed organizational/retail development and legal Compliance along with termination procedures and exit interviews.
- Managed employee relations through discussions, corroborating policy and working directly with the leadership or management team to resolve these employee issues.
- Led HR efforts in managing personnel records, administering benefits enrollment, disciplinary actions and recruitment.
- Managed the payroll function and processed timesheets for permanent and temporary employees while working with a fluctuating number of employees.
- Created and implemented a Warehouse Employee of the Month program along with other recognition programs.
- Manage full cycle hiring process and on-boarding. Conduct recruitment effort for all hourly crewmembers; open houses, job fairs, new hire orientations; Assists managers with administering assessments and interviews.
- Enter and process new hire information and records. Maintain I-9 information and airport badge information.
- Monitors performance evaluation program for new hires and current crewmembers; follows up as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration to include employee enrollments and termination, election forms, payroll deductions, claims resolution, change reporting to carrier, and timely communication of benefit information and eligibility to employees.
- Full life cycle recruiting including identifying, screening, interviewing and assessing candidates technical and organizational fit.
- Works directly with department managers during the selection, interview and hiring process.
- Establishes and manages relationships with managers to determine staffing requirements and make recommendations throughout the hiring process.
- Utilizes multiple resources for candidate identification to eliminate recruiting costs associated with agency fees; including Internet sourcing and data mining using various on-line services, newspaper advertisements, career fairs and employee referrals, and social media.
- Human Resources representative for seven departments for matters related to employee relations, recruiting, and transitions.
- Acted as the advocate and representative for staff on behalf of the organization.
- Job competencies include excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional organization, and ability to work quickly and gracefully under pressure.