A handyman is capable of a wide variety of repair and maintenance work that require a certain level of knowledge in trade skills. Their duties include remodeling, repair, installation, removal, maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, and much more. To work as a handyman, experience is more important than formal education, though most handymen have at least a high school diploma. Handymen must be skilled with their hands and demonstrate knowledge in construction, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, welding, painting, and water systems knowledge, just to name a few of the many skills they can possess.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Handyman Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Handyman resumes for your reference.
- Worked as handyman around Austin. Built and installed custom garden sheds, fencing and utility room additions and shelves.
- Used all types of saws and wood working tools, techniques, and materials.
- Performed minor plumbing; installed ceiling fans, sheetrock, tape and float, painted interior and exterior surfaces and cement-work.
- Remodeled a home to impede seasonal flooding and prevent future damage.
- Installed new storm windows and doors to keep out water during storms.
- As a self employed Handyman I have been responsible for budgeting materials, bidding on local jobs, and completing jobs that include but are not limited to fixing/installing doors, basic yard work and clean up, fixing/replacing sinks and toilets, installing mirrors, hanging pictures, power washing, and general cleanup.
- I have also had to do my own basic office duties such as filing of job orders, receipts and my own reception work.
- I have completed each job with great customer service in mind and made sure that all jobs were under budget and completed in a timely manner.
- Replaced shingles, siding, and other damaged parts of the roof.
- Removed debris from a newly-rehabilitated neighborhood park (a 2½ acre area with over 50 trees).
- Worked on houses such as floor and tile repair, Mowed lawns for rent houses and edged.
- Cut trees and limbs for rent houses to clean up the property.
- Multiple things to restore or keep the rent houses in good standing.
- Replaced windows in the basement to lower energy costs during cold weather.
- Added insulation in the attic to increase the energy efficiency of the heating source.
- Meet with clients to understand their needs for repairs or services.
- Performed a wide variety of tasks, ranging from plumbing, installations, lawn care, tech support and general home upkeep.
- Follow up with clients to maintain a healthy and functional business relationship.
- Installed cabinets and shelves in kitchen, bathrooms, and basement to provide organization for electronics and appliances; converted the basement into a man-cave/office.
- Worked for a major pest and termite control company for nine years.
- Provided clients with a tentative quote of costs and information regarding procurement of materials.
- Draw up work contracts and ask clients to sign them for future reference.
- Contact suppliers to determine if all materials are available and look for alternatives for unavailable items.
- Buy materials, tools and equipment and make repair or maintenance plan based on information derived from inspection.
- Assisted with maintenance and repairs of numerous properties including commercial, residential, and industrial.
- Presently working for the past few years at East River Housing Corporation.
- I pursued to move up from a relief porter to a permanent full time porter and accomplished to be upgraded to a handyman position in a short period of time because my past experience in the construction trade as a carpenter.
- Job requirement are to operate, make repairs and maintain the skills that I use in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, concrete work, wielding, molding, tile, doors, locks,paint and blueprint.
- Provided carpentry work and repair services to local homeowners, merchants, and agricultural companies.
- Provided general maintenance services to the elderly through volunteer visits at nursing homes.
- Used cleaning solvents to sanitize and clean the facility and all parks premises.
- Preformed a variety of interior and exterior duties, such as steam cleaning bathrooms, hallways.
- Ensured that all NYC parks policies and procedures were followed daily to guarantee safety at all times.
- Maintained premises and surrounding grounds of commercial, and residential establishments.
- Handcrafted kitchen counter from reclaimed wood; recognized by the President for best original design and craftsmanship.
- Coordinated projects with other departments, utilities and businesses to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicated with Builders and Management of the progress of each job.
- Competently completed varying work routes and requirements, requiring the ability to diagnose and implement a corrective action that suited the customer’s needs.
- Repaired tenant apartments, including installing light fixtures and door locks, for lease renewal and improved safety.
- Dependable, accommodating, and efficient handyman; repaired over 50 homes in the last 3 years.
- Responsible for communications regarding tenants complaints and insuring the best possible compromise.
- Vacuums hallways, sweep stairways and other common walkways to make sure they are clear of dirt and cobwebs.
- Assisted in maintenance in apartment clean up such as light bulb replacement, appliance removal and replacement, removal and disposal of furniture from vacant apartments.
- Installed drywall and painted walls, doors, furniture, and trim.
- Repaired plumbing and furnace.
- Performed maintenance for office, warehouse and grounds for the facility exterior and interior.
- Performed repairs such as painting, Plastering, sheetrock, Electrical, Plumbing and small cement work.
- Have experience with snow blowers, weedwhackers, pumps and basic hand tools.
- Built custom log home from scratch by himself.
- Established new cars by replacing tires, wheel bearings, fluids, and filters.
- Performed repair and maintenance tasks on doors, furniture, fixtures and appliances in an effective and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair roof leaks and waterproofing problems, involving installation of exterior downspouts, replacement of drains and piping, and unclogging of drains and pipes.
- Install electrical wiring and fixtures in new construction and perform troubleshooting and repair on existing wiring, including balusters, end sockets, 110 utility outlets, light switches, and telephone lines.
- Attained a Master Builder’s License for handiwork.
- Replaced leaking water pipes and re-wired outlets.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and operations in a luxury residential building consisting of 354 apartments.
- Responsible for duties that include: carpentry, painting, garbage/snow removal, electrical repairs, general plumbing, knowledgeable with HVAC, and operating boiler and sprinkler systems.
- Maintains a professional relationship with residents, fellow employees, and management.
- Replaced all light fixtures, electrical, and plumbing in an upscale home (approximately 2500 sq ft).
- Completed projects on the property of a neighbor by making repairs to the landscaping and to the exterior of the house.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.