Groundskeepers maintain private and publicly owned property. This includes mowing lawns, pruning trees and shrubs, planting flowers and gardens, fertilizing and watering green spaces, and clearing property grounds of debris. Groundskeepers have a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver’s license plus related experience. To work as a groundskeeper you need to be able to use hand and power tools, lift heavy objects, crouch, climb, stand for long periods of time, follow instructions and be available for overtime.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Groundskeeper Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Groundskeeper resumes for your reference.
- Clean and maintain parks, playgrounds, and surrounding areas to provide a safe environment.
- Provided park patrons with directions and answer questions regarding parks activities.
- Checked playground equipment for damage; report needed repairs to supervisor.
- Flag hazardous material, sweep, rake, and collect leaves and debris for pick up.
- Inspected, repaired, and maintained all vehicles and equipment used by the maintenance department.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of property, buildings, and grounds which include, cleaning and removal of trash and bulk garbage.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Responsible for removing downed branches as well as shrubs and trees for safety of the guests/pedestrians and buildings.
- Safe and proper use of commercial motorized power tools, such as back pack blowers, lawn mowers, weed whackers.
- Researched, taught, acquired knowledge of equipment to install and maintain in the repair shop.
- Performing grounds keeping duties in accordance with state and local government regulations.
- Worked within a team environment to ensure the timely completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Communicated directly with supervisory and management staff to report arising issues and brainstorm action plans for resolution.
- Assisted with orientation and training of any new employees to the work site.
- Managed a crew of 14 and the grounds of a local college campus, providing permanent landscaping and maintenance services.
- Manually pick-up of litter and debris from apartment complex, and deposit refuse in on-site central dumpster.
- Maintain appearance of all parking, roadway, swimming pool, and patio areas on property.
- Clean interior of apartment buildings and leasing office including all surfaces, floors, furniture and restrooms.
- Maintained a great eye for any and all maintenance needs for the maintenance garage/shop as well as assigned areas around campus.
- Maintained and repaired lawns, walkways, driveways, and fences.
- Operate zero turn mowers, walk behind mowers, tractors, trencher, vehicles and equipment.
- Utilized a variety of hand and power tools in park landscape maintenance work.
- Operate a weed eater, mower, backpack blower and loader or other equipment as necessary.
- Initiated city-wide tree planting program with volunteer help built a website to manage volunteers.
- Designed and managed a landscape project for the State of South Dakota Department of Transportation; designed and constructed a 40-foot arbor over a parking lot.
- Maintain park upkeep and cleanliness, ensuring all public areas are free of hazardous material and debris.
- Report any damaged equipment in or around park facilities, conducting routine checks and inspection throughout park grounds.
- Performing pruning and weed whacking task ensuring that all dead branches and leaf’s are removed daily.
- Designed, installed, and maintained a city-owned ornamental garden located in downtown Sioux Falls, SD; trained new horticulturists.
- Responsible for the management of several commercial properties featuring water features, fountains, lakefront landscaping, and hardscape.
- Clean parks, playgrounds, and surrounding areas and sweep, rake, and collect leaves and debris.
- Paint and remove graffiti from benches, walls, playground equipment, and comfort stations.
- Prepared debris for removal; flag hazardous material for pick up and report all safety hazards directly to supervisor.
- Invested in land development by purchasing gift cards to purchase tools necessary to develop acreage into usable spaces; increased value three-fold after seven months.
- Maintained a $20 million dollar, 42-hectare facility including turf, irrigation, and irrigation systems, trees and plants, buildings, fencing, decorative infrastructure, and grounds.
- Performed general cleaning and upkeep of housing parks, parking lots, housing office (ex; sweeping, mopping, dusting, shrubbery/ hedge trimming, etc.).
- Ensure that housing grounds were kept clean, safe, and hazard-free for children, elderly, etc.
- Assisted in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Worked independently to plan work schedule.
- Installed over 500 meters of fencing; tracked expenses for personal equipment and materials; completed purchase requisitions for additional equipment.
- Maintain the athletic fields, greens, parks and other grounds by cutting grass, watering, fertilizing, and checking for disease or insect damage.
- Regulate valves, check for leaks, and adjust pressure hands and water as needed.
- Operate a variety of standard power tools and equipment during grounds maintenance and repair.
- Carried out assigned duties and responsibilities in the planning, organization, maintenance, and repair of grounds.
- Provided technical support to the business by ensuring the safety of the facility by inspecting grounds and providing preventative maintenance tasks.
- Utilized various machinery such as lawnmowers and weed eaters, in addition to hand tools such as hedgers, trimmers, shovels and rakes.
- Attended to broken headstones and deal with any issues of vandalism.
- Removal of dead flowers that were left after a funeral and take away plant containers that held flowers at a grave site.
- As groundskeeper, I was in charge of correcting anything that’s unsightly in order to give the visitors a feeling of peace.
- Cared for the campus grounds, maintaining vegetation, and pruning, transplanting, and fertilizing trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Performed operator maintenance on grounds equipment and vehicles as needed.
- Assisted in areas outside of normal duties such as washing sidewalks, mulching flowerbeds, pest control, and watering.
- Provided training and supervision to onboarding employees to ensure all duties are performed in a safe and professional manner.
- Ensured the safety of both students and faculty by properly maintaining the campus grounds.
- Trained maintenance personnel in standard maintenance practices.
- Performed different landscaping and maintenance jobs on the city’s parks and public areas.
- Maintain all city property such as landscaping, mowing, trimming trees, edging and trash pickup throughout the city.
- Load equipment into assigned company vehicle and drove crew members to assigned work location.
- Maintained the front and back yards, landscaping, walkways, and roads at an apartment complex.
- Started and managed a crew of 5 to maintain over 20 acres of land which included; mowing grass, deadheading shrubs, maintaining the lawn and trees for maintenance.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.