These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Game Designer resumes for your reference.
- Designed and implemented player and enemy combat mechanics and AI using toolkits and visual scripting systems in Unity for a single-player Action-RPG.
- Developed, presented, and followed through on game designs for numerous gameplay systems including combat, abilities, AI, and character progression.
- Balanced and refined combat systems, mechanics, and flow.
- Worked with engineers to develop and refine tools to aid in level design and development.
- Working closely with the design team to create and refine aspects of the gameplay experience.
- Using licensed and/or proprietary technology to implement AAA quality gameplay systems.
- Writing design documents to communicate concepts to multiple disciplines (programmers, artists, level designers, producers, etc).
- Communicating with people from a variety of different disciplines knowledgably and effectively.
- Developing single player and multiplayer levels based on game design documents and research material.
- I have help my best friend make game since we meet, We started super smash bro.
- We apply our own character and stages. We apply new music as well as new images.
- The recent project we are working on mine craft mods and so far we have done everything from adding new mobs and changing Steve’s player skin to adding new materials, worlds, and dimensions.
- Updated statistics and records from the previous year and updated coaching and player in the current game.
- Used XML files to develop the game plan descriptions that provided competitive analysis for preparation against opponents.
- This feature one was of the biggest additions to the game and was even featured on ESPN.
- Tested digital gaming and metagaming content such as Magic: The Gathering Toolbox, Duels of the Planeswalkers, and Magic: The Gathering Online.
- Consulted on structure, direction, and support programs for high-level organized play including the Pro Tour, as well as store-based community building.
- Stress-tested Magic sets to ensure balance and variety at highest levels of competition.
- Coordinating play tests and general player feedback sessions both internally and externally.
- Constant communication with QA and Customer Service on testing methods, content updates, and player feedback.
- Creating concept maps called Top Downs to develop a basic layout of each zone for the concept and environment artists to use for creating environmental art.
- Write rules and conduct community play tests to validate concepts refine where appropriate.
- Contact and assist art team in visualization of game, including requirements for images, thorough approval process, and eventual presentation to CEO.
- Participate in interviews and community events to discuss product.
- Write, review, and provide feedback on Pitch Documents and Game Design Documents.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for in-progress and upcoming projects.
- Offer design solutions to solve problems while keeping projects on budget and on schedule.
- Built a paper prototype and facilitated remote playtesting with worldwide team.
- Wrote game pitch documentation / game design documentation and facilitated the live document feedback process.
- Contributed to development of interactive products on behalf of IT company specializing in small business consulting and technology services, serving solid base of commercial clients throughout 5+ years of operations.
- Directly managed development of user interface and motion design from concept to execution, creating casino-themed and adventure games which generated more than $50,000 in yearly revenue and reached thousands of users.
- Managed relationships with commercial clients throughout development of customized products, clarifying specifications involving visual design, interactive features and animated elements.
- Created original 3D characters and designed original scenarios while reporting directly to IT Project Manager.
- Design and document new mobile features for a live mobile game.
- Design post launch features for Cars to improve Key Performance Indicators.
- Iterate and drive features to meet high standards with multiple team members to implement new features and content for a live game.
- Working as part of the development team to create graphics and assets for mobile applications.
- Working individually on the functionality of one company project.
- Was a Lead Designer of a large scale company project with a small team.
- Participating in the marketing efforts of the company; representing the company at product expositions.
- Experiment with gameplay narrative and game genres to craft unique interactive experiences.
- Review game art, write copy and game dialogue, approve promotional materials, and work with show teams.
- Implement findings from user testing, game analytics, and game industry trends.