Maintenance Electricians install, maintain, and restore electrical systems. Their responsibilities include installing wiring, maintaining wiring, inspecting electrical components, identifying electrical problems, repairing wiring equipment, and following state and local building regulations. To work as a Maintenance Electrician, a high school diploma is typically required and being licensed by passing an exam. However, requirements vary by each state. To succeed as a Maintenance Electrician, it is important to have good color vision, critical thinking skills, customer service skills, troubleshooting skills, time management, physical strength, and physical stamina.
A good resume is well-written and concise. It should be neat and easy to read, listing previous experience in a logical order.
Our resume samples will provide you with multiple examples of what you can include when writing your resume.
The Best Electrician Sample Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Electrician Sample resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for running wire through residential areas such as living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, restrooms, & refrigerators.
- Duties included proper wiring of receptacles, light switches & Light Fixtures for in and out a apartment complex area.
- Also responsible for troubleshooting & cleaning up my area as soon as I’m done with the task at hand.
- Installed and wired security cameras, fire alarms, and television cable in new offices of the city’s main power station.
- Achieved Journeyman Electrician’s License with the State of California and Local Union bypassing a grueling three-hour examination.
- I completed both a 5 year on the job training apprenticeship and an electrical certification though Associated Builders and Contractors.
- I completed various safety courses (CPR, confined space, etc.).
- Able to perform mathematics to determine proper components and installation requirements in accordance with all state and federal codes.
- Neatly installed, maintained, and repaired electrical wiring in industrial equipment, buildings, and vehicles.
- Installed wiring for new construction projects according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- I was a service electrician for residential and commercial work.
- My job consisted of customer service, troubleshooting, remodels, complete solar jobs, t.v. installations and hiding the wires in the wall, security systems, repairs, electrical code corrections, all types of new lighting installations, spa hook-ups, piping (pvc and emt), panel upgrades and all other panel work.
- I basically did all residential electrical needs also including low voltage outdoor lighting and coax and cat 5 wiring as well.
- Installed new electrical outlets in existing homes and buildings according to blueprints under contract with an electrical supply company.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and maintenance of electrical appliances, devices, and systems; able to determine malfunctions, locate improperly connected circuits, and repair broken wires.
- Drilling wood framing for Romex, or MC wiring, and nail plating for added protection in kitchens, bathrooms and any location capable of being damaged by other trades.
- Pulling SER Cable, Branch Circuits, Low voltage CAT5e and RG6 Data cables.
- Installing finish trim i.e. light fixtures, switches, receptacles, and cover plates, exterior weather proof covers water resistant GFCIs and AC disconnects.
- Troubleshooting any electrical malfunctions (I.e. short circuits, reversed wiring) during hot check.
- Able to install ammeters, line voltmeters/clamp-on meters, circuit breakers, fuses (single-point interrupters), and switches.
- Performed a variety of new construction projects, maintenance, and troubleshooting in a heavy industrial setting.
- Installed, tested, modified, and maintained circuit breakers, transformers, controls, fuses, motors and other various types of electrical components and devices.
- Interpreted blueprints, wiring diagrams, flow charts, and written descriptions of the project.
- Operated construction related equipment such as forklifts, manlifts, and scissor lifts.
- Installed electrical, mechanical, and instrumentation equipment in accordance with the National Electric Code.
- Assembled electrical/electronic systems and support structures and installed components, units, subassemblies, wiring and assembly casings using rivets, bolts, soldering and micro-welding equipment.
- Adjusted, repaired and replaced electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Inspected and tested wiring installations, assemblies and circuits for resistance factors/operation and recorded results.
- Measured and adjusted voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments, and testing procedures.
- Able to set up generators for operation during power failures; repaired and installed wiring for streetlights.
- Maintained company vehicles by checking tire pressure; changing oil; tightening belts; chemical treatment of radiators; checking filters; checking brakes and radiator hoses while changing brake fluid.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Installed new electrical and fire alarm systems, individually and as a team.
- Repaired electrical problems in homes including track lighting, wire replacement, and intercom wiring.
- Maintenance electrician, recovery & reconstruction of the Newark-Elizabeth port from sandy storm damage.
- Reads schematic drawings, blueprints/rough sketches, splice cables, install conduit, BX cable & similar types of electrical wiring.
- Performs field visits to verify inventory of new and existing electrical assets, Populates asset information in maintenance database.
- Documents asset attributes, including nameplate data, manufacturer’s information, operating limitations, etc.
- Installed circuit breakers, electric wiring, and light fixtures for complexes occupied by elderly and physically challenged individuals.
- As a Navy Trained Electrician, responsible for the maintenance and repair of a wide range of electrical power generation, conversion, and control equipment.
- Installed cabling and circuitry for phone and communications equipment; also wiring for cable television throughout the ship.
- Logistics specialist for a division of 35 personnel, in charge of ordering all tools parts and materials and maintaining a budget of 3500.00 monthly.
- Installed wiring and service equipment, repaired defective equipment, and completed general maintenance.
- Established, supervised, and trained one apprentice electrician.
- Identified and resolved a complex problem in wiring system which resulted in a smooth flow of electricity.
- Installed, maintained and repaired switchboards, circuits and electronic equipment.
- Size, configure, layout, and install feeders, wires, switchgears, and conduits.
- Led electrical crews on construction sites.
- Completed over 1,000 electrical installation projects.
- Insure that all garbage and trash, including hazardous materials, are disposed of properly.
- Performs in a wide range of trades including maintenance, test repairs, electrical wiring, plumbing, painting, wall covering, cleaning transportation, grounds, and refrigeration.
- Accurately complete job logs, records and other information for statistical record.
- Maintained a 110% job-site safety record in his seven years of experience on the job.
Paid all taxes on schedule.
- Built and repaired lighting systems, including installations of security and fire systems.
- Performed field expansion and connection of substations.
- Assisted with all aspects of electrical roughing, circuit running, terminating panels, Box mounting.
- Consistently used all forms of power tools to complete tasks, hammer drill, Sawzall, Core drill.
- Consistently completed conduit runs of Â¾ inch, 1 inch, and 4 inch EMT and Galvanized pipe alone and in a team.
- Supervised maintenance and repair work on the electrical, fire alarm, security, plumbing, HVAC, and other systems.
- Supplied wiring for sanitary sewer system work.
You need to make sure your resume stands out amongst the other candidates. It is the first impression that employers have of your work experience and skills. Use the samples above to put together a resume that best suits your needs and helps you get the job you want.